What is the best computer company or custom computer builder?

skidude

If you are talking about ibuypower, then all the parts they show as a selection with the certain model of system will work. So, really everything (except maybe speakers, you can't get 7.1 speakers with a 5.1 card, that wouldn't work) that you select will work with it.

If you mean about buying every part of newegg or something and you don't know how to build it then do what Adam said.

aexin

i was talking about iBuypower, just making sure that whatever i choose will be compatible. I'm not that big on sound anyway, I just use 2.1 speakers most of the time with an onboard sound card. By the way, where can I get something that will carry a desktop?

flame1117

banned
lokodezine said:
to be honest I BUY POWER to me is a disaster. The Tech suppoer was so poor. They told me they would send me a mobo and a psu to fix my problem... I was like if I could build a pc why the hell whould I ask you... and I told them the problems and they had no clue.

They are paying for shipping to send back but I think I may just ask for a refudn and go through bestbuy becuase after this Im skeptical of buying from them especially after reading so many negative reviews...

I wish I could build it myself and save so much money and get something I really want.

Be prepared to spend 150$ on a PSU at bestbuy. the only good deal i got from bestbuy on PC stuff was a harddrive that they overstocked and had a closout mail in rebate sale.

Pride

I like the computer I have, and so far the support has been easy, for me. I've had no problems, and don't plan on upgrading for a while, considering specs haven't changed much. (With the exception of SLi)

lokodezine

I would recommend Dell. Right now they have a deal of 34 % the XPS GEN 5 systems or any Dimension for that matter (just recommend the XPS) and free shipping. Plus you get a free upgrade to a flat screen Monitor. I got a 17 in ultra sharp screen. Plus I got a free mouse and keyboard (will not use but you get it for free!)

skidude

I think the only Dell worth buying is an XPS. If not, don't buy from Dell. But, the XPS is pretty expensive (like starting at $2200 USD)

The Deceived

Personally, to answer the original question, I would deffinitely have to say building one is by far:
  • The most fun - I mean you get to actually see it coming togfether, and you can take your time, or you can get it done in a few hours!
  • Cheapest - This is by far the most attractive part of building it yourself, due to most companies giving you a good deal, but then charging you a fortune to either make it, deliver it, or just by adding loads of tax on top of the price.
  • Most rewarding - You actually see it coming together, and you feel at the end of it that it is YOUR computer, and no-one else has exactly the same as you.
  • Gives you a better understanding - This is another add on really to the cheap part, primarily down to the fact that if something goes wrong inside, you will have an idea of what it is. This way you won't get ripped off by a company when you ask them what's wrong :)
  • You can brag - Easily one thing you want to do when you show your mates your new computer, especially when you've got like 7800GTX or a new dual core processor, or even just the simple LED fans.

I just recently built my computer (like last week) with the spec below, and I can assure you, for my first build, it was easy, fun, cheap and very, very rewarding!

But if you're intent on buying an already built computer, please go somewhere where they either know what they're doing, or go somewhere where you can get what parts you want, and not get ripped off with parts you don't need.

ONE THING YOU MUST NOT DO IS USE DELL!! AT ALL, NEVER, DON'T EVEN THINK ABOUT IT! Seriously, they are rubbish at building and they overprice on all models except the XPS GEN 5 (but then for the price of one of them, you could have twice the computer if you built it yourself :))

Hope that helps :)

skidude

The Deceived said:
ONE THING YOU MUST NOT DO IS USE DELL!! AT ALL, NEVER, DON'T EVEN THINK ABOUT IT! Seriously, they are rubbish at building and they overprice on all models except the XPS GEN 5 (but then for the price of one of them, you could have twice the computer if you built it yourself)

Agreed. I hate Dell and will never buy from them again.

ya hp is much better deal.....but building it yuorself is even cheaper....and you have alot of flexibilty when you do this

If i could go bak in time, instead of custom buildin on hp, i would have bilt my own, and gotten a better processor for the same price

plus were always here to help.....(well im not a build expert, but alot of these guys are)

Vampiric Rouge

I would have to say build it your self. Spend an hour or so looking around on the web about how to build. Pick out your parts from newegg or zipzoomfly and post them here. Every one here will tell you if they work together or not and if they have a beter part they think you should get. :)

The Deceived

skidude said:
Agreed. I hate Dell and will never buy from them again.

Haha, I think we ALL have had enough rubbish from Dell to last us a lifetime :D As long as there are people (such as us) to stop the less knowledgeable people on fueling the fire of Dell.

Haha, just did a tiny bit of research on Dell, and they are the leading manufacturers in faulty PCs :) Some people are even suggesting chaning their slogan from 'Easy as Dell' to 'You bought a Dell, Now go to Hell!'.

I wish other people could see the light, and avoid the darkness of Dell :D