What Web Browser Do You Use?

What Web Browser Do You Use?

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

AudiPlayer

Well this is the thing, I used to use FireFox.. since it has the multi tab inner bowser which I found to be very nice..

Intell internet explorer 7 came out.. same featues as firefox pretty much, so now its a toss up, i usually hit firefox cause itw as my default one, but i claim to use IE7 more then i used to.

Verve

I really don't like the skin/layout on IE7, its too... round and water-ish. I actually didn't like the new FF2 skin, but I have to get used to it I guess. I'm just glad they made an Adblock and Fasterfox for FF2, otherwise I'd still be using version 1.

SirKenin

banned
Are you sure you're feeling alright?

No. I'm not. I'm pissed. It's a piece of shit. I just had to uninstall it because every time I tried to run it it said it had to reboot the machine because of changes. I reboot, try again, and there's the message again, after which it would shut down the browser.

It's an absolute piece of junk and really dog slow. When I run IE on other sites it just blows this shitpile away for speed.

GAAAAHHH!!!! I'm so frustrated. I just want my IE to work again.. But to do that I have to debug this software bug I have that is making my IE screw up when surfing CF and Hotmail.

Bl00dFox

No. I'm not. I'm pissed. It's a piece of shit. I just had to uninstall it because every time I tried to run it it said it had to reboot the machine because of changes. I reboot, try again, and there's the message again, after which it would shut down the browser.

It's an absolute piece of junk and really dog slow. When I run IE on other sites it just blows this shitpile away for speed.

GAAAAHHH!!!! I'm so frustrated. I just want my IE to work again.. But to do that I have to debug this software bug I have that is making my IE screw up when surfing CF and Hotmail.

Well, you're the first guy Ive met who hates FF...

SirKenin

banned
And here's what an Admin of a website says about FasterFox:

Find all posts by DNSstuffII DNSstuffII

DNSstuff.com Administrator
Old post Nov 08, 2006 at 08:29 AM PM DNSstuffII Reply with quote
FasterFox is a very bad program; you should disable it. It is very possible that you are getting blocked from websites because of it.

-David

DNSstuffII

DNSstuff.com Administrator
Old post Nov 08, 2006 at 03:24 PM PM DNSstuffII Reply with quote
FasterFox is an addon to Firefox, which is designed to help "speed up your Internet connection." To do so, when you go to a web page, it automatically downloads all the links on that web page.

So it does some pretty nasty stuff, like using up ~10x the bandwidth of a normal web browser, and clicking on ad links (which is a big no-no for pay-per-click ads).

If everyone that uses Firefox used the FasterFox addon, the total amount of bandwidth used worldwide would about double. Imagine how much it would cost to handle all that extra traffic!

So, it's official. FF is a complete piece of crap and people that praise the virtues of FF either a) have no idea what they are talking about or b) are a bunch of fanboys that refuse to admit the truth lest they have to give in to "the Man".

http://forums.dnsstuff.com/tool/post/dnsstuff/vpost?id=1287086

SirKenin

banned
Thats one guys opinion.

You seem to dislike FF, and I respect that, but I still think that FF is better then IE...

That's one guy's opinion that knows more about the web and firefox than just about everyone that's posted in this thread. You can't discount it that easily.

I dunno. I'm just in a pissy mood because IE won't work and now I'm stuck with this slow piece of crap. It makes me mad. I just want want to have a real browser back again.

goosy22

That's one guy's opinion that knows more about the web and firefox than just about everyone that's posted in this thread. You can't discount it that easily.

it doesn't really matter... it's just HIS OPINION... everybody has their own... even though he's an internet guru, another internet guru could think FF is the best browser ever...

if we found a review of another internet guru saying that FF rules, would that change your mind? ... probably not, because its YOUR OPINION...

get it?

Bl00dFox

it doesn't really matter... it's just HIS OPINION... everybody has their own... even though he's an internet guru, another internet guru could think FF is the best browser ever...

if we found a review of another internet guru saying that FF rules, would that change your mind? :p... probably not, because its YOUR OPINION...

get it?

Its funny how the human mind works!

Motoxrdude

i know what you mean... but people just don't realize that it doesn't matter what other people use, because they will stick to whatever they want...

That and it is pointless. Why would you give it the time in the world what your neighbor uses to browse the internet, its pointless.

goosy22

because people are bored and need something to fight over... it's just human nature...

EDIT: plus this is just the discussion of the day... it will slowly die down and something else will take it's place after everyones bored of it...

DCIScouts

VIP Member
plus this is just the discussion of the day... it will slowly die down and something else will take it's place after everyones bored of it...

Although this particular thread does seem to pop up for a few days every month or so... I kinda smirk every time I see it in the New Post search again... :)

SirKenin

banned
Let's duel. That's the only way this issue will be resolved. Ten paces, turn and draw.

Back to back they faced each other.. Drew their swords and shot eachother. hehe

jimmi039

firefox?

whats so good about firefox anyway, its the same thing, different package. anyone tell me some good reasons 4 getting firefox!!:confused:

Status
Not open for further replies.