What Web Browser Do You Use?

What Web Browser Do You Use?

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

lucasbytegenius

Using Chrome 11. As I've had to reinstall some things many times in the last few days, the sync features have been a huge benefit.

Motorcharge

Chrome on Windows 7, Opera on Ubuntu 11.04. I still prefer FF, but 4 is a piece of shit. I've had issues with it since it's release. Ends up randomly causing 100% cpu usage on both OS's.

merlinsloit

Is there anything other than firefox to be used in this thread
dot.png

ScOuT

VIP Member
I can't believe the small number of people using Opera...I used Firefox for years and then tried Opera and have never looked back!

ktec

Firefox
+ Ghostery
+Cooliris
+AdBlock plus
+Tineye
+Fastdial
+Invisible Hand
+Avast
=UNTOUCHABLE

Perkomate

yeah, google chrome does seem to be the fastest that I have tried. Though firefox on Ubuntu 11.04 seems quite good

linkin

VIP Member
[-0MEGA-];1643474 said:
Running FF 4.0.1 and FF 5.0 Beta here!

What's the 5.0 beta like? I'm running 4.0.1

I don't like how the author of the Australian dictionary addon hasn't updated it to work with ff 4.0, hacking and slashing around gets it to work though but it will break again with every update :(

lucasbytegenius

What's the 5.0 beta like? I'm running 4.0.1

I don't like how the author of the Australian dictionary addon hasn't updated it to work with ff 4.0, hacking and slashing around gets it to work though but it will break again with every update :(

Heck, FF 7 is available for testing. Mozilla seems to be trying to make it look like they're developing at a rapid pace by increasing the major version numbers, but nothing major is changing. It just gets a tiny bit faster.

FrillyBits

FireFox

Can't believe I missed this thread :confused:

Latest public update for FireFox here. Fast and I love my add-ons
Internet Explorer as a backup but never really used it.
Tried Opera and it was fast and smooth but I miss my add-ons
Tried Chrome and it was fast but possibly one of the ugliest things I have ever had to look at.

I have found that FireFox, Opera and Chrome are of about equal speed once the the browsers are launched but the FireFox add-ons make my total web browsing experience (including downloading etc) easier and therefore faster

Okedokey

Google analytics shows that very few people use anything other than ie6, funny, of course this poll is scewed as most of us are more computer literate i would expect. IE has come a long way inmho and ff doesnt support what i need it too.

wolfeking

banned
Google analytics shows that very few people use anything other than ie6, funny, of course this poll is scewed as most of us are more computer literate i would expect. IE has come a long way inmho and ff doesnt support what i need it too.
I find that hard to expect too, as IE8 is included in Vista and 7.... so... that means that most people are still using an unupgraded XP system or even back to ME or 2000. I find that hard to believe.

Okedokey

I find that hard to expect too, as IE8 is included in Vista and 7.... so... that means that most people are still using an unupgraded XP system or even back to ME or 2000. I find that hard to believe.

that doesn't make it untrue.

Status
Not open for further replies.