What Web Browser Do You Use?

What Web Browser Do You Use?

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

linkin

VIP Member
Firefox Sync is so painful to use, when trying to use it save data to Mozilla's servers and then restore it after formatting your PC. Oh so painful...

lucasbytegenius

Firefox Sync is so painful to use, when trying to use it save data to Mozilla's servers and then restore it after formatting your PC. Oh so painful...

Yeah. They give you this stupid long random code that you somehow have to remember, as well as the username and password. Urrrgh.

Chrome only needs your Google username and password, and maybe a passphrase if you set one, and it's ready to go.

I am using Mozilla Firefox web browser. It is a free source way and it can be run in any operating system. So i like to use most Firefox to do my work on it. There are also lots of web browser on internet but this one is finest one.

i wanna try them all but out of the ones ive tried the best was internet explorer
Ha ha, the top one is very poorly written, and the bottom one, ie!? Out of all browsers, ie? I use Google Chrome, and firebox is good, don't use it though, and ie9 is pretty bad, but not awful like ie8.

spirit

Staff member
byteninja2 said:
ie9 is pretty bad, but not awful like ie8.
IE9 is much better than IE8 and IE7, and of course that awful IE6. At least IE9 is actually kind of usable.

I find that Internet Explorer is the most annoying web browser to install because it takes forever, and then you have to restart your PC once the installation has finished. Then when you load up IE for the first time you have to select a whole bunch of options, then you have to spend the rest of your life trying to change the home page to whatever you want and then you have to change the search engine from Bing to Google and it just takes ages. :/ And of course you need to update it constantly through Windows Update (not that that's a big hassle). It's probably annoying to install though because some parts of the Windows OS do rely on IE, and that's probably why you have to restart your computer.

Last edited:

voyagerfan99

Master of Turning Things Off and Back On Again
Staff member
Pale Moon is the best browser I've come across. I've benched it against all the other versions of Firefox (Nightly, Waterfox, etc.) and it still manages to come out on top.

WinDOS

banned
^Agreed. I use it for school stuff that can't use Chrome and I can't really tell the difference.

I love chrome, it is the only browser that loads quickly and doesnt slow down, it works brilliantly with websites like this as, because I have many machines, Chrome can just ask for my GMail password and it will load all of my favourites, passwords and printers onto that machine.

spirit

Staff member
WinDOS said:
because I have many machines, Chrome can just ask for my GMail password and it will load all of my favourites, passwords and printers onto that machine.
Yes the sync feature works well in Chrome as mentioned several times here, it's one of the reasons why I like Chrome. Another reason why I like Chrome is because of the built in Flash, which is very handy and saves time.

Tried out Firefox again in a VM of Vista today. I like it a lot, but I've not tired the sync feature yet (apparently it's terrible) but I do like the UI a lot. Speed wise, there's not much in it between Firefox and Chrome at all really, really it's your internet connection speed that determines how quickly you can load pages. I had a look at some of the themes/skins available and some look rather snazzy but I just leave it at the default (I just leave Chrome at the default too). Overall I quite liked it, but I'm probably going to stick to Chrome on my main machines for the time being.

Geoff

VIP Member
What are you on? It looks just like Firefox.
Let me sober up and I'll let you know ;)

Yes the sync feature works well in Chrome as mentioned several times here, it's one of the reasons why I like Chrome. Another reason why I like Chrome is because of the built in Flash, which is very handy and saves time.

Tried out Firefox again in a VM of Vista today. I like it a lot, but I've not tired the sync feature yet (apparently it's terrible) but I do like the UI a lot. Speed wise, there's not much in it between Firefox and Chrome at all really, really it's your internet connection speed that determines how quickly you can load pages. I had a look at some of the themes/skins available and some look rather snazzy but I just leave it at the default (I just leave Chrome at the default too). Overall I quite liked it, but I'm probably going to stick to Chrome on my main machines for the time being.
Sync on Chrome is horrible! I sync multiple computers and it always syncs old bookmarks if I fire up a device that hasn't been used in over a couple days.

Status
Not open for further replies.