What Web Browser Do You Use?

What Web Browser Do You Use?

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

Blurredman

I use Netscape 9.0.0.6.

At the time I started using it, it was already out of date and no longer being updated, however I found it faster than IE and more stable than Firefox. I've continued to use it until now and still plan to continue using it. However I am noticing graphical errors(misalignments) and stupid "your browsers is out of date" message on youtube.

Flash Player and other plugins work when i apply for Mozilla created ones.

CareyS

I used to use AOL High Speed browser because we had switched to Cox Comunications, but we had AOL dial up before that and we never used it much so we didn't need HSI and I was very young.

fastdude

Firefox is great for more powerful machines, but for low-power desktops, laptops, and netbooks, chrome is the way to go. (Unless, like me, One day, chrome decides it doesn't like you and crashes your system, your bookmarks, favourites, and doesn't let facebook work :p)

So now I use opera :eek:

OverClocker

I did quit on IE about two years ago. Twas too slow and had problems with the updates. Firefox is the way to go.

A friend of mine who works as tech support asked his caller "May I ask what browser are you using?". The caller said, "Mozzarella Firefox" and he was serious.

lucasbytegenius

I feel sorry for those who don't use Opera. And that's a lot of people. Opera just has so much more features, like syncing your history, bookmarks, open tabs and other stuff across all your installations. It's also much faster than IE and FF.

bkribbs

I feel sorry for those who don't use Opera. And that's a lot of people. Opera just has so much more features, like syncing your history, bookmarks, open tabs and other stuff across all your installations. It's also much faster than IE and FF.

I really like Opera and Chrome, but I really only use Chrome. But on my Mac, I have to use Safari, to get the full feel of the mac:p

fastdude

Opera and Chrome FTW! Although it's not that popular, opera is the only browser that works well on low-power mobile phones

Sure, we have IE for Windows phones (EXPENSIVE)
and Safari for Apple Phones (EXPENSIVE)

But when you have a cheap little sony, nothing works better than Opera Mini:D

EDIT From experience, Opera is NOT faster than Chrome; it just offers better features

Whitebird

Well, i use Xmarks for my bookmark, password and open tabs syncronization ^^

I like both opera and FF ^^

But i don't like chrome, with the shady privacy settings.. :cool:

I used to use Iron browser, it's chrome without the shady privacy settings , but i stopped using it, because it was too unstable for me.
iron vs chrome

And this is an interesting chart:
Browser_Wars.svg

lucasbytegenius

The blue part is full of people who didn't know they could get another browser. Those who purchased new computers with Windows on them.

TFT

VIP Member
Interesting to note that voting numbers and intelligence are not related whereas in the IE camp, it seems too.:p

Shane

Super Moderator
Staff member
I still think Firefox is the best Web browser,But its been getting very un-reliable these past few updates with crashing etc.

I gave Opera and chrome a try,Didn't like them...Safari seems alright but for some reason when i copy and paste a link into the Url bar and hit enter it does nothing,its also been slower that both Firefox and Internet explorer :/

Theres plenty of other less known browsers ive yet to try though,Maxthon been one of them. :)

Status
Not open for further replies.