What Web Browser Do You Use?

What Web Browser Do You Use?

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

DMGrier

VIP Member
I would say Fire fox and Opera are the best due to there support to open source and the plug-ins for it. Chrome was nice but I was dissapointed with them, for being made by a company that is all about open source they didn't do a good job giving us plug-ins for it like flash.

Aastii

VIP Member
Been using Opera instead of FF for a bit and have to admit it is quite good. I would prefer it if the tabs were below the URL bar instead of above, but it is very simple and seems lighter than FF was

lucasbytegenius

Have you tried the Opera Link feature? And then there's the Notes feature. With Link, all your stuff like bookmarks, history, and notes are synced across any computer with the Opera browser installed.

Bacon

I keep trying different web browsers, but I always come back to Firefox. I haven't had any problems with it and nothing else feels as fast. Even Chrome feels slower.

Shane

Super Moderator
Staff member
I keep trying different web browsers, but I always come back to Firefox. I haven't had any problems with it and nothing else feels as fast. Even Chrome feels slower.

Yeah i went through a load of diffrent browsers but nothing compared to Firefox imo.

The latest version seems to be doing well and alot more stable that the previus...not had any crashes yet (Touch wood). :p

pokethesmot

i use crack fox

the_crack_fox.jpg

geek0x00

I teach computer science in my homeschool co-op, and I let people try out IE 6 with smooth scrolling and without it without telling them what I did. Most people thought that I somehow sped up the browser when I turned off the smooth scrolling. My point? Smooth scrolling feels subjectively slow. You firefox and opera fans turn off the smooth scrolling, and you might feel its slow. In fact, I believe the only reason why Firefox feels better than Konqueror in Linux is because of its jumpy scrolling.

lucasbytegenius

I teach computer science in my homeschool co-op, and I let people try out IE 6 with smooth scrolling and without it without telling them what I did. Most people thought that I somehow sped up the browser when I turned off the smooth scrolling. My point? Smooth scrolling feels subjectively slow. You firefox and opera fans turn off the smooth scrolling, and you might feel its slow. In fact, I believe the only reason why Firefox feels better than Konqueror in Linux is because of its jumpy scrolling.

I like the smooth scrolling. It keeps me from being distracted and losing where I was reading.

MovingMan

I use Chrome on my personal computers, and Firefox at work. I made the switch to Chrome months ago and I find it to be faster and more efficient than Firefox.

applemao

definitely chrome.

CHROME PWNS AT EVERYTHING!!!

firefox slow
ie slow
opera is ok....
mozilla? firefox....
safari? suck and slow and porrly designed.

fastdude

Turrets

Chrome FTW!!!
Plus it has built-in sandboxing, so each tab runs independently from the others, if you click on a bad link in one, it doesn't spread

Status
Not open for further replies.