• AMD

Votes: 297 39.7%
  • PowerPC

Votes: 1 0.1%
  • Other (Specify)

Votes: 7 0.9%

• Total voters

12-Gauge

For those of you who believe that AMDs suck, you might want to have a look at this: http://www.legitreviews.com/article/490/1/

They compare the AMD Athlon X2 5600 with an E6300 C2D. They're both around $185 but the AMD comes out on top in nearly all tests and benchmarks. Obviously an Intel quad-core would slaughter any AMD ever made, but for now, AMDs are still better value for money in my opinion.

jedijeff123

when i built my computer i got a pentium d. i came to this forum and was dissapointed bcuz everyone said the the PDs suck. well, i finished my computer a month later and loaded the first game up and on the highest settings, Need for Speed Most Wanted ran with almost zero lag. people also said that my GPU was crap too, well, my new compy is a far cry in performance from my PCI FX5200 and Pentium 4 @3.0Ghz. i understand the C2Ds are better, but my Intel will still run great.

Tuffie

I just like Intel because I don't ever care about price.

But I know your right on the fact that AMD can provide good cards cheaper then intel.

Kent.

oscaryu1

VIP Member
Intel, I watched the AMD 1/2GHz CPUs burn up without the HSF... they reached up to 370C~!!!!! without HSF... Intel here. AMD is diappointing, but in the future AMD may go over Intel

Tayl

VIP Member
I'll change my answer to Intel. I think I voted AMD at the very start because that's what I had but then with my most recent PC I decided to purchase a C2D and now I'm really loving this processor :D.

370C? Surely not. I thought PC's had a default fail safe to cut off / shut down at 100C? But if that's true, damn thats hot! Crack an egg on the processor type moment or what.

Geoff

VIP Member
370C? Surely not. I thought PC's had a default fail safe to cut off / shut down at 100C? But if that's true, damn thats hot! Crack an egg on the processor type moment or what.
I think he was talking about the video Toms Hardware made, where they took off the heatsink and fan from a processor while benchmarking, and measured the temps. AMD just kept getting hotter and hotter until it started smoking, but I dont think it got up to 370C!

And Intel slowed down as it got hotter, then eventually shut off. But this was back before AMD had thermal throttling or w/e they call it.

GO Amd

I just built a new rig running an AMD X2 5600...Runs flawlessly my mom has a duo core 2 cpu from Intel..I hate to say it but my 200 dollar cpu runs cooler and about as fast as her 600 dollar cpu....Intel is overpriced....Go with Amd.. and yea they seem to run games better

gthang79

AMD for me! I built my 1st rig 8 years ago (approx) with an AMDk62 500mhz, and its still working perfectly today. I decided to build a new system 3 months ago and went for an AMD 64X2 4200, a great chip for the money in my view. I prefer the fact AMD don’t spend millions on advertising. Everyone of those Intel chips has helped pay for the TV adds we all know and love.

AMD for ever!

Itanda

I just built a new rig running an AMD X2 5600...Runs flawlessly my mom has a duo core 2 cpu from Intel..I hate to say it but my 200 dollar cpu runs cooler and about as fast as her 600 dollar cpu....Intel is overpriced....Go with Amd.. and yea they seem to run games better
what core 2 duo did she buy for 600$ the most expensive one is the E6700 and its like.. $400 on canada computers..

enam

I had been using Intel Celeron 1.1 GHz for last five years. Recently I purchased Intel Core 2 Duo with 512 RAM. My old PC is now being used by my younger.

Shane

Super Moderator
Staff member
Yeah AMD fanboy here:D

though i wouldnt turn down a free Intel quad core system if anyone wants to buy me one:D

diduknowthat

formerly liuliuboy
what core 2 duo did she buy for 600$ the most expensive one is the E6700 and its like.. $400 on canada computers..

Maybe the core 2 extreme or core 2 quad.

Anyways, whoever said AMD processors plays games better, have you seriously seen any of the C2D's? They are just as competitive in games, if not better than all the AMD processors.

CG man

Whos best only makes any sence depending what year your building a new computer and who at that particular time has the best processor at the mo it's Intel. my AMD gaming comp mobo just blew so I'm having to run games on the slower 2Ghx AMD dual Opterons if I had the cash I would build a Core 2 Duo AMD has nothing to touch this at the mo.Theirs nothing special about AMD for running games best Processor out there for games or anything is Core 2 Duo the only thing in a computer built specificly for games is the graphics card.

Intel will be still making Core 2 Duo when AMD ships it's core 2 Duo beating processor. I've no idea when this will be bare in mind AMD and ATI are now one so expect something special.

Last edited:

ThatGuy16

VIP Member
I would say im an AMD guy :D, everyone says "intel is far better and ALOT faster".....benchmarks show that at stock clocks the 5600-6000+ are neck to neck with the 6600 and even beat it at some tasks...ok im done :p
ok intel is a better overclocker...