• AMD

Votes: 297 39.7%
  • PowerPC

Votes: 1 0.1%
  • Other (Specify)

Votes: 7 0.9%

• Total voters

Lomandriel

OK speed wise/power their will never be a clear victor out of AMD ANd intel, someday someone will always unleash something even more powerful.

However AMD is on average more cheaper, and for people who actually do care for spending money its a real good alternative. WHichever way you go they're all built good anyway. This is my first personal computer (that i can actually technically call myn) and im still using a 3 yr old(should be 3y rs any month now) AMD athlon xp 2500+... other comps have always used AMD and whenever we've replaced the cpu its never broken.. we just needed to upgrade the whole comp eg: mobo needed to be replaced so the cpu had to go since they dont fit together...

So yeah the point... Intel or AMD, whichever you go we can always expect quality, power etc. Who wins in power, I dont know and dont care :D ALl i know is AMD's are still the leading low price leader and its not like their CPU's dont pack enough power for the average user , not to mention its price...

ThatGuy16

VIP Member
Intel Sucks

<< *avatar* *cough-cough* :p

Alright... intel/amd... don't matter to me, as long as it gets the job done :)

dakaptin

I go for the AMD.
AMD has always been, and will be for a quite a while longer the underdog - this has been the case regardless of performance.

This is because Intel boasts much greater ability to research, produce and develop chips because it has so much experience/infrastructure/technology/cash with that regard, while AMD has always come out with great products with a better and more innovative design/arcitecture for their chips, and at better prices.

jutnm

wtf is power pc ????????????? whers it made ...........yugoslavia from old destroyed russian tanks

Tayl

VIP Member
I know lol.

Untill i get the money for a Q6600, the avatar stands. :D

You should change your avatar to 'Being broke sucks' :p. Boy don't I know it.

wtf is power pc ????????????? whers it made ...........yugoslavia from old destroyed russian tanks

If I remember rightly from what I read and correct me if I am wrong, PowerPC's outside of the PC market are used in Nintendo Gamecubes & Wii's, Xbox 360's and PS3's. Or at least they have some sort of involvement with them so there not as ancient or as crappy as you seem to assume. Although don't quote me on that because I'm not 100% sure if that's right or not. I think they are also used in the Power Mac G5 which are fairly decent desktop computers.

:: Edit ::

After having read a Wiki post that someone linked to in another thread, it appears that PowerPC processors are also used to some extent in the Blue Gene computers. Which are supposably the best super computers in the world to date :)

Rove.

Last edited:

Cromewell

Administrator
Staff member
PowerPCs were great. Almost worth buying an apple :p

I don't think they are used in xboxs or PS3s though.

Tayl

VIP Member
PowerPCs were great. Almost worth buying an apple :p

I don't think they are used in xboxs or PS3s though.

I'm sure I read somewhere that they might have had some relation to those consoles. Can't quite remember what though, or if it were true or not.

Rove.

skidude

I'm still with AMD, I'm hoping their new stuff will kick the crap outta the Core 2, but for now I admit that Intel is better. I like AMD's prices a LOT better though.

Shane

Super Moderator
Staff member
I'm still with AMD, I'm hoping their new stuff will kick the crap outta the Core 2, but for now I admit that Intel is better. I like AMD's prices a LOT better though.

i agree,I do still like AMD even though Intel are in the lead at the moment,But the Q6600 is a great price ;)

amd all the way especially with their quad coming out soon

Careful, did you see what I posted about the new Barcelonas barely competing with the current Xeons. And SUPPOSEDLY, they were better than the next generation of Xeons. BUZZ! WRONG!:rolleyes: Don't believe the Hype

Jabes

banned
Careful, did you see what I posted about the new Barcelonas barely competing with the current Xeons. And SUPPOSEDLY, they were better than the next generation of Xeons. BUZZ! WRONG!:rolleyes: Don't believe the Hype

well I'm still gonna stick with amd 4 now

porterjw

Spaminator
Staff member
I love my Pentium D 940! I have no immediate need to repalce it, nor do I forsee a need in the next 2-3 years.

Motoxrdude

I am using AMDs for my computer builds and they seem to run well. I am currently in the process of building an intel computer.