Votes: 297 39.7%
  • PowerPC

Votes: 1 0.1%
  • Other (Specify)

Votes: 7 0.9%

• Total voters

5LY5N1P3R

banned
Intel will always be the best with AMD constantly in their shadow trying to keep up..im not a fan boy i just dont buy junk

Geoff

VIP Member
Intel will always be the best with AMD constantly in their shadow trying to keep up..im not a fan boy i just dont buy junk
Intel has not always been the best. In fact back in the days of the early P4, the Athlon XP was by far the best performer, Intel didnt come close.

Ditto! AMD was leading before the Core 2 Duo's came in line! And still, AMD is no loser!
Why are you agreeing with him? He's saying AMD is junk, and then you say AMD is no loser...

Geoff

VIP Member
1.poor motherboard chipsets
2.poor support for emerging FSB technology
3.fragile CPU Cores
4.severe lack of top end CPU speed

Maybe you are new to the computer world, but AMD currently does not use a FSB. They also have an integrated memory controller which dramatically increases memory-intensive applications. Up until the Core 2 Duo, AMD had the high end FX-60, which was far superior to anything Intel currently had on the market

5LY5N1P3R

banned
[-0MEGA-];789645 said:
Maybe you are new to the computer world, but AMD currently does not use a FSB. They also have an integrated memory controller which dramatically increases memory-intensive applications. Up until the Core 2 Duo, AMD had the high end FX-60, which was far superior to anything Intel currently had on the market

" Up until the Core 2 Duo" stop living in the past...right now AMD is getting raped by intel dont try and convince me otherwise..its my opinion

Geoff

VIP Member
" Up until the Core 2 Duo" stop living in the past...right now AMD is getting raped by intel dont try and convince me otherwise..its my opinion
Yes AMD is not doing so well now, but the Core 2 Duo's havent been out long at all in the grand scheme of things. The P4 vs Athlon lasted several years, so for a long time the Athlon XP/64 was the best performing processor around.

5LY5N1P3R

banned
[-0MEGA-];789651 said:
Yes AMD is not doing so well now, but the Core 2 Duo's havent been out long at all in the grand scheme of things. The P4 vs Athlon lasted several years, so for a long time the Athlon XP/64 was the best performing processor around.

exactly AMD arnt doing well at all and intel have got the Quad core which may not be being utalised just yet but when it is then once AGAIN intel are kicking AMD out the door!

Geoff

VIP Member
exactly AMD arnt doing well at all and intel have got the Quad core which may not be being utalised just yet but when it is then once AGAIN intel are kicking AMD out the door!
You seem to be missing my point, AMD was ahead of Intel for a long time in the desktop processor market, it wasnt until a couple years ago where Intel started to regain the performance lead.

Key word "getting" as i said! always following in Intels shadow..nice avatar :) i see u worship the sheep of the computer industry :)
AMD already has their quad-cores out, however they are server CPU's. Their desktop versions should be out soon.

5LY5N1P3R

banned
[-0MEGA-];789681 said:
You seem to be missing my point, AMD was ahead of Intel for a long time in the desktop processor market, it wasnt until a couple years ago where Intel started to regain the performance lead.

AMD already has their quad-cores out, however they are server CPU's. Their desktop versions should be out soon.

DUDE! we are talking about today!!! back in the old days MC hammer was considered cool aswell do u still listen to him??...or maybe i shouldnt ask that.. only "fan boys" would stick to AMD now seeying though their getting an 4ss wooping from intel... "desktop versions should be out soon" soon? by then intel will most likely brought out a more powerful range of quadcore.
all im saying is that right now in todays computer industry Intel is the better..

Jabes

banned
DUDE! we are talking about today!!! back in the old days MC hammer was considered cool aswell do u still listen to him??...or maybe i shouldnt ask that.. only "fan boys" would stick to AMD now seeying though their getting an 4ss wooping from intel... "desktop versions should be out soon" soon? by then intel will most likely brought out a more powerful range of quadcore.
all im saying is that right now in todays computer industry Intel is the better..

there comin out q1 2008

Geoff

VIP Member
Did I ever disagree in saying that currently AMD is better? I am not a fanboy as you can see, because I have an Intel rig.

Lets not forget what you said which started this:
"Intel will always be the best with AMD constantly in their shadow trying to keep up..im not a fan boy i just dont buy junk"

So to answer that again, Intel will not always be ahead, AMD is not always in the shadows, and AMD is not junk.

5LY5N1P3R

banned
[-0MEGA-];789696 said:
Did I ever disagree in saying that currently AMD is better? I am not a fanboy as you can see, because I have an Intel rig.

Lets not forget what you said which started this:
"Intel will always be the best with AMD constantly in their shadow trying to keep up..im not a fan boy i just dont buy junk"

So to answer that again, Intel will not always be ahead, AMD is not always in the shadows, and AMD is not junk.

lol ok touché ur right i was a bit harsh with that statement.. but if anyone was to go out today and buy a pc it would be wiser to go with intel than it would AMD.. in the future none of us know which wil be the better but for now ill stick with intel :)

TFT

VIP Member
At last, now we got the correct answer to whatever the question was :p
Yea if I was buying today it would be Intel, but next year who knows. I'm a fan of whoever has the best when I'm buying.:D

5LY5N1P3R

banned
At last, now we got the correct answer to whatever the question was :p
Yea if I was buying today it would be Intel, but next year who knows. I'm a fan of whoever has the best when I'm buying.:D

lol thats how i am too.. i dont praise one particular make.. i will buy whatever the best is :)

elitehacker

Intel is the best CPU out there at the moment. AMD is all over the place. Although Intel is abit more expensive but the performance gain is more than worth it.