• Intel

Votes: 262 35.7%
  • Power PC

Votes: 8 1.1%
  • other (specify)

Votes: 9 1.2%

• Total voters

i.Angel

Well... after reading this review I'm questioning Intel's performance. After reading that I also questioned if I should take my old 2.66 out of my computer and burn it:eek:

However, will Intel pull out some better CPU's when AMD brings our it's socket 940's? Right now I am seriously thinking of never even looking at a computer with an Intel CPU:mad: ... including mine:rolleyes:

P11

VIP Member
Dont consider Intel to be soo bad....AMD and Intel have pretty much the same performance doing normal things, such as, web browsing, writing word documnts, wrtiting emails, using IM, or somthing like that. Youll only see a huge leap in performance when using AMD processors for gaming/video or multimedia editing/burning cds/multitasking/etc. but MAINLY gaming.

Hawk16

geoff5093 said:
A few days ago i had my windows open in my room and it was around 45F, so i turn my computer on and a few minutes after it was in windows these were my temps:

COLD.jpg

i know this is offtopic but what theme program and what theme do you use? cause that looks sexy :p

joebob764

I have had Intel processors in the past, but for my new build (built 2-3 weeks ago), I decided to go AMD. I went dual core, and in that arena, the competition was not even close. Yes, Intel had a greater range of price points, but each AMD processor was able to out-perform each and every Intel equal, and usually one or two steps above it (there was a "ring match" on CNET recently).

redrider773

Just moved from Intel 3.0Ghz Prescott, which was nearly un-overclockable, to my new 4000+ running at 2.7 easily idling at 30*. I couldn't be happier with the improvment. AMD OWNS!

4W4K3

VIP Member
Prescott wouldn't overclock? What was the problem? I would most definetly look at the mobo or RAM holding you back, I thought prescott's (aside from heat) were good overclockers.

Geoff

VIP Member
4W4K3 said:
Prescott wouldn't overclock? What was the problem? I would most definetly look at the mobo or RAM holding you back, I thought prescott's (aside from heat) were good overclockers.
My old prescott was a pretty good overclock, i cant remember that well but i think i got it to either 3.3 or 3.4 from 3.0Ghz.

Geoff

VIP Member
Semprons can overclock very well, right now my Sempron 2800+ 1.6Ghz is o'cd to 2.1Ghz and is still going strong, i'll update when i reach a higer OC.

Charles_Lee

geoff5093 said:
Semprons can overclock very well, right now my Sempron 2800+ 1.6Ghz is o'cd to 2.1Ghz and is still going strong, i'll update when i reach a higer OC.

well, my sempron i think 2900+ 2.04Ghz non- overclocked one is like shit,...

Geoff

VIP Member
Charles_Lee said:
I find semprons to be very good, especially for there price. Compared to the Celerons, there a hell of alot better.

P11

VIP Member
Charles_Lee said:
You havent even tried to overclock it yet, do it and then let us know how far you can get it.

Computer Man5

im with amd. there technology especially for gaming is beyond intel and their crappy pentiums. my friend has a sempron 2800+ and it ruins my celeron D 3.0ghz and my other friends P4HT. i love amd and i will always go with them.