• Intel

Votes: 262 35.7%
  • Power PC

Votes: 8 1.1%
  • other (specify)

Votes: 9 1.2%

• Total voters

Redbull{wings}

wow all i did was post an opinion i really didnt think id get flamed so much i mean if i knew you would take it offensivley i wouldnt of said all i wanted to get across was that my experiences have been better with amd for instance if you went to a reasaurant with fast service and great food ud go back again and again right? i just think that amd will counter it is all....o and bobo amd had that last word :D lol

im not a fanboy just a sastified customer which is what buisness is about putting out a good product and getting a good rep so they keep coming back

Jet

VIP Member
Bobo said:
Don't you understand that is the way it always works? Intel comes out with a new processor that beats AMD. AMD comes out with a new processor that beats Intel. Intel comes out with a new processor that beats AMD. AMD comes out with a new processor that beats Intel. Intel comes out with a new processor that beats AMD. AMD comes out with a new processor that beats Intel. Intel comes out with a new processor that beats AMD. AMD comes out with a new processor that beats Intel. Intel comes out with a new processor that beats AMD. AMD comes out with a new processor that beats Intel. Intel comes out with a new processor that beats AMD. AMD comes out with a new processor that beats Intel. Intel comes out with a new processor that beats AMD. AMD comes out with a new processor that beats Intel. Intel comes out with a new processor that beats AMD. AMD comes out with a new processor that beats Intel. Intel comes out with a new processor that beats AMD. AMD comes out with a new processor that beats Intel.

Sorry, I had a little too much fun with that. :rolleyes:

But there is no reason for a new poll, really ever. So maybe some people who voted AMD before want to change their vote to Intel now, or vice versa. It will be the same thing when AMD brings out their latest and greatest.

AMD being better is the exception, not the rule. Think of all the years when Intel was undefeated. AMD was all value and not much performance, at the top, intel always had the performance king, and usually the value as well. You guys think now that AMD is always going to be able to catch up. With a profit margin of 2 1/2 times that of AMD, Intel has the resorces to crank out top performance processors.

wicked859

banned
I was going with amd for so long and am still running it, but now that Ive seen what intel can do with conroe and what Ive heard about the 4 mb caches coming out, my new cpu, will be a core 2 duo.

jancz3rt

<b>VIP Member</b>
Hmm

Well,

I have posted here before but let me get my point of view across:

For long, the X2 line reigned the processor market in terms of performance. Now that Intel released their new Core 2 Duo processor line, the weight has tilted in advantage of Intel. However, that said, it should be mentioned that it is quite natural that the newest processors needed to be more powerful than the competition. AMD will most likely introduce processors that will be more powerful in a while. That will be followed by Intel and the cycle will go on. Basing ones decision in the future on the current situation is not such a good tactic.

JAN :D

4W4K3

VIP Member
If I could justify the pricing on a Mac I'd get one. But they are just too expensive for what you get IMHO. A different color costs an additional $200, what's up with that? Does paint cost $200 these days? Fine for what I would want to do with it, I wouldn't be interested in upgrading or overclocking...but the price kills me.

SC7

mac all the way!:cool:

Hello, mac uses Intel! I'll just put it this way, if your on a budget for a desktop, Macs plain suck. Unless you need Mac OS, it's stupid. The macbook may be a nice laptop, but desktops, ridiculously overpriced, and problematic. Also, suppose the internals of my iMac are outdated, I must dispose of a perfectly working screen, and pay apple for a new one. Never.

As 4W4K3 said, $200 for a price difference, some of this stuff is just stupid.

Well,

I have posted here before but let me get my point of view across:

For long, the X2 line reigned the processor market in terms of performance. Now that Intel released their new Core 2 Duo processor line, the weight has tilted in advantage of Intel. However, that said, it should be mentioned that it is quite natural that the newest processors needed to be more powerful than the competition. AMD will most likely introduce processors that will be more powerful in a while. That will be followed by Intel and the cycle will go on. Basing ones decision in the future on the current situation is not such a good tactic.

JAN
But Intel has already said a new architecture is in the working for 2008/09, around the same time Hector Ruiz said the K8L will be released.

ckfordy

banned
I go with whatever is the best that i can afford at the time and i usually like intel but went with amd this time and it is an unbeilveable processor it is faster then my Pentium 4 @2.8 and the amd is at 2.4. But my next upgrade may be the begginging of next year or the summer if i have enough money and ill probably get the Intel Core 2 DUO.

Charles_Lee

it is quite natural that the newest processors needed to be more powerful than the competition. AMD will most likely introduce processors that will be more powerful in a while. That will be followed by Intel and the cycle will go on.
we all know that amd will somehow come up with some better core soon, but the question is how soon?
like you said before x2 series bee dominating the market for awhile,
i'd say intel core 2 due will last at least half a year on the top of the line,..
you know intel 930~ series were so cheap, even though they probabily spent as much money as amd did in order to develop a dual core cpu.
now amd must make their cheaper cores or they are lowering down their prices on all their origional prices...
and then when the time comes, they might be able to create something new...
suppose FX series are their top of the line cpus, but since its been crushed by conroes, for sure they will take time in making a new series of cores...
which will take some time, not short....

Geoff

VIP Member
I was running SuperPi on the family comp (Celeron D 2.4Ghz), and look at the temps it got up to!

VERY_HOT.png