Votes: 262 35.7%
  • Power PC

Votes: 8 1.1%
  • other (specify)

Votes: 9 1.2%

• Total voters

holyjunk

[-0MEGA-] said:
LGA775 is the socket, and 965/975 are chipsets. In order for Conroe to remotely work on a current motherboard, it has to be socket LGA775, and support newer Intel 965/975 chipsets, since those support the lower voltage requirements of Conroe.
O I see. I really wasn't really thinking.

krimson_king

i tend to think i already voted on this, but.........yea, amd.

alright amd woohoo!............amd!

i mean, come ON! you have to be a computer EXPERT to know that an amd 4800 ISNT ACTUALLY 4.8 GHZ!

SC7

I've stuck to Intel, and with conroe, looks like i will keep that. Don't get me wrong, at the time I got this current rig, Intel was the leader over the Athlon Xp, same goes when it was my PIII vs an Athlon. If there was ever a time to get a new rig (which ironically is soon, it's gonna be Intel), and AMD was the leader, I would with no doubt choose AMD. I don't go based on the company, I go wherever I get more performance out of my dollar.

ckfordy

banned
Id have to choose Intel cause thats all i have ever bought but i dont go with the company i just go with what the best has been and what i have needed and it looks like i am going to be staying with intel for awhile cause of Conroe.

Mattu

I'm an Intel man :) I tend to stick with Celerons but if I ever become a true gammer I'll go with a Pentium Extreme Edition.

ckfordy

banned
Mattu said:
I'm an Intel man :) I tend to stick with Celerons but if I ever become a true gammer I'll go with a Pentium Extreme Edition.

if you ever become a gamer dont go with the Pentium Extreme Edition go with Conroe it will be much better performing then the PEE.

SC7

Mattu said:
Wow is that a jump in performance :p

ChrisDVD

intel and AMD are great....but i chose intel, since i do more multitask, then gaming.....for sure, AMD is better for gammers, but for me, i chose intel!

SC7

ChrisDVD said:
AMD is better for gammers,
Old stereotype, AMD was better in a lot of areas more for a while, including multimedia, and now, Conroe wins all those again, plus taking gaming. Why that fact stuck around is because ever since the early Athlons through the end of the Athlon Xps, they really only had gaming, Intel took almost all multimedia.

Well, as of when i first got this Intel last year, i was leaning towards the AMD 64 cpus, but with the new Intel cpus coming out.........it seems like Intel will be the leader this year.

Praetor

Administrator
Staff member
Hehe think we should remind all the original question of this thread ... which CPU brand do you choose... ;)

Rambo

Praetor said:
Hehe think we should remind all the original question of this thread ... which CPU brand do you choose... ;)

I voted AMD, but now I'm getting an Intel... In a way, I feel like I am betraying AMD. I have always built AMD PC's, and now I'm am going with an Intel.

Praetor

Administrator
Staff member
In a way, I feel like I am betraying AMD.
LOL unless you made a promise to them long long ago for your soul or something that you'd always build AMD then you shouldnt feel bad .... go with what happens to be the best when you're building :)

Bobo

banned
Well hey, AMD is suing a bunch of people for not keeping their promises, so you had better be careful Rambo, they might be coming after you next :p

Charles_Lee

intel or amd,,, who cares, they always differ from each other,
at this moment people prefer intel, only because they brought out a new core...
but you will see in 6 month, things will change...