• Intel

Votes: 262 35.7%
  • Power PC

Votes: 8 1.1%
  • other (specify)

Votes: 9 1.2%

• Total voters

jbennet

Odd question. I have a server with 4x 3ghz ish 64 bit intel xenons.Could i use this as a game machine and would it be better than a dual core 2.80ghz p4?

Bobo

banned
Probably not, considering the graphics card it is bound to have, and what it is meant to do (not gaming)

jbennet

well it has superfast hdds and 4gb of ram as well as the xenons. It has server 2003 but i have xp and a gfx card so im gonna try bf2

Bobo

banned
jbennet said:
well it has superfast hdds and 4gb of ram as well as the xenons. It has server 2003 but i have xp and a gfx card so im gonna try bf2
You aren't going to succeed well, servers like that are not designed for gaming.

jimmymac

VIP Member
jp198780 said:
i like Intel, i dont game.

jp198780 said:
most of my pc's have Intel, except my Compaq, which has AMD.

jp198780 said:
i dont game, soo i have all Intels.

please for god sake explain to me why you need to keep telling us what your systems have, your previous post was only just under a month ago it like your just trying to up your post count or something!!!

jimmymac

VIP Member
yes it is, well done, however this thread was started a long time before core 2 duo and thus a lot of the comments and votes were from a time when AMD was the best for gaming

Burgerbob

Some of us also dont have the money to change right away to Conroe... and a game hasnt come out that i cant run with my little 3200+ just fine. I may not get as much FPS, but they still run. By the next time i upgrade, K8L will be out, and ill prob get that.

Jet

VIP Member
I think that now would be the time for another poll.... :), now that Intel has made a comeback.

Redbull{wings}

i think intels conroe is a joke because all they are doing really is catching up(and then some) to amd, and its not like amd isnt going to come out with some advandced new processor....itll go back and forth and from my experiences with amd ill stick with them...intel u pay for the name and to tell the truth id much rather put an amd sticker on my case...

Last edited:

Shady

<b>VIP Member</b>
Redbull{wings} said:
i think intels conroe is a joke because all they are doing really is catching up(and then some) to amd, and its not like amd isnt going to come out with some advandced new processor....itll go back and forth and from my experiences with amd ill stick with them...intel u pay for the name and to tell the truth id much rather put an amd sticker on my case...
don't be a fan boy
and yes AMD will come with a respond to that
but for now.... Intel is the current best
and yes we need another poll :D

Bobo

banned
Redbull{wings} said:
Don't you understand that is the way it always works? Intel comes out with a new processor that beats AMD. AMD comes out with a new processor that beats Intel. Intel comes out with a new processor that beats AMD. AMD comes out with a new processor that beats Intel. Intel comes out with a new processor that beats AMD. AMD comes out with a new processor that beats Intel. Intel comes out with a new processor that beats AMD. AMD comes out with a new processor that beats Intel. Intel comes out with a new processor that beats AMD. AMD comes out with a new processor that beats Intel. Intel comes out with a new processor that beats AMD. AMD comes out with a new processor that beats Intel. Intel comes out with a new processor that beats AMD. AMD comes out with a new processor that beats Intel. Intel comes out with a new processor that beats AMD. AMD comes out with a new processor that beats Intel. Intel comes out with a new processor that beats AMD. AMD comes out with a new processor that beats Intel.

Sorry, I had a little too much fun with that. :rolleyes:

But there is no reason for a new poll, really ever. So maybe some people who voted AMD before want to change their vote to Intel now, or vice versa. It will be the same thing when AMD brings out their latest and greatest.

SC7

Redbull{wings} said:
Ill tell you what, fanboy, you get your sticker, and I'll pay half as much for my conroe, and my machine will still kick the crap out of yours. Only friggin morons buy because of brand, because they think Intel will care. Get the hell out of here, I HATE people like this. I'll pay money for that name, and performance. If you do some reasarch and stop being such a closed minded fool, you'd realize that they aren't just catching up, they're beating AMD in almost, if not all departments. If you're gonna be like that, just stop posting, because arguements like that will not be met well.

4W4K3

VIP Member
SC7 said:
Ill tell you what, fanboy, you get your sticker, and I'll pay half as much for my conroe, and my machine will still kick the crap out of yours. Only friggin morons buy because of brand, because they think Intel will care. Get the hell out of here, I HATE people like this. I'll pay money for that name, and performance. If you do some reasarch and stop being such a closed minded fool, you'd realize that they aren't just catching up, they're beating AMD in almost, if not all departments. If you're gonna be like that, just stop posting, because arguements like that will not be met well.

Bit of an exaggeration, not *quite* half as much. But then again, what will you say when AMD holds the top end of the market again? Will you eagerly dump your Conroe, and switch to AMD? Or will you stick with Intel, despite what you have just said?

SC7

4W4K3 said:
Bit of an exaggeration, not *quite* half as much. But then again, what will you say when AMD holds the top end of the market again? Will you eagerly dump your Conroe, and switch to AMD? Or will you stick with Intel, despite what you have just said?
I've already said, I will go with whatever gives me the best performance per dollar at the time i feel I need to build a new machine, and will stick with that until I feel the need to go again. I've also said, if the AMD price cuts make it worth my while, and give me better performance for my dollar, I'll happily go for AMD.

4W4K3

VIP Member
Cool, that's all I wanted to hear :p Too often I see Intel fans only post when Intel holds the upper hand, and the same for AMD. When there preference is not the leader, no posts from them. Then everyone says sticking with a name brand just because of dedication is stupid. I surely love my brands, and would pay more just to have them...but if I payed more and did NOT get good performance, then yah' I'd have to switch too.

SC7

Yep, dedication only hurts you. I always do what is best for me, and how I can get the most from my dollar. I always used to be an ATI user, but when I latest needed a graphics card, nVidia gave me more of what I wanted, so I went nVidia, and I actually really like it.