• Power PC

Votes: 8 1.1%
  • other (specify)

Votes: 9 1.2%

• Total voters

zkiller

<b>VIP Member</b>
nomav6 said:
its cool, most people don't realize macs are unix based computers, I dont like macs myself but Im glad they're out there to put the pressure on Gates to keep pressing the market, even though apple only controls about 2% of the industry they still pose a threat to microsoft, all they have to do is lower their prices and release an office suit(I heard the bought the rights for Open Office).
i have seen lot's of Mac's running a dual boot with Mac OS and a flavor of Linux.

SFR

Truth fears no questions
probably...

there are a lot of gamers and overclocker's on these boards....

Lorand

<b>VIP Member</b>
I have chosen AMD mostly because their processors were cheaper. But the best computer I ever had was a 75 MHz Pentium. Never had any problems with it...

jancz3rt

<b>VIP Member</b>
Lol

I fell in LOOOOVE with my Amd Athlon XP 1800+ Throughbred B (YES! B!). I love how far one can clock it without changing the Vcore. I got it from 1500 to 1920 just by raising the FSB. LOL. You see why I like AMD processors ....

JAN :D

dansilva

i prefer Intel Pentium (4) coz of it's HT techonology pretty good at games too it's bit expensive that AMD that's why AMD so popular.

4W4K3

VIP Member
dansilva said:
i prefer Intel Pentium (4) coz of it's HT techonology pretty good at games too it's bit expensive that AMD that's why AMD so popular.

alot of people turn HT off...why is that?

jancz3rt

<b>VIP Member</b>
Ok ok...

Hey I like AMDs better cause they simply are better. Let's not get into an argument down here ;) . Anyway I know that there will always be people who simply like AMD better than Pentium and vice versa. I guess that's why these companies are still here. Brand loyalty is what we call it in business. Anyway AMD has posted its results and has returned back to profit thanks to strong sales of its now superior pruduct line. Competing with intel is a hard nut to crack so ta say!

JAN :D

Blue

<b>VIP Member</b>
I've never fallen for that brand loyality crap-o-la :).. I just buy what I think is the best bang for my buck :)..

Praetor

Administrator
Staff member
Yeah but you and i both know those chips are [a] overcharged and catered to a specific market and [c] priced that high so that the mainstream chips can also be slightly inflated :)

4W4K3

VIP Member
i can see the price dropping in half when intel introduces there 64bit lol. it will be all intel until we've figured out what is better at what and stuff...

superflysmith

I prefer Intel although I've never used anything but an Intel. My computer is used for video editing and the only gaming I do on it is solitaire :D I've read that pentiums are the best for video editing so I never really tried amd's.

Praetor

Administrator
Staff member
I've read that pentiums are the best for video editing so I never really tried amd's.
Quite true that has been 'tradition' although the A64s are making a hard run for Intel territory here (especially with 64bit support in some video apps).

Super_Nova

I'm an AMD fan. I feel dirty because my server has a 1Ghz Pentium 3 in it I got for free. I think when I get around to redoing it I'm going to put my old 800mhz athlon in it. I did a benchmark and it actually beat the 1ghz pIII so I should be better off. Plus I can put more RAM on it.