WTB: Ati 4850 (willing to trade)

87dtna

I really wouldn't spend too much since you are going to be needing a new motherboard. With the mid-higher end grapics cards you will notice not having a 2.0 pcie x16 slot.

You could buy my gts250 and a new motherboard for what you are going to pay for a 5770.

Fatback

VIP Member
Yeah for someone that has a 4850 I certainly wouldn't suggest buying a gts250 at all.

Well, it would really be nice if ATI boards would support SLI, or is that what you meant?

There is a new chipset coming out that allows Nvidia and ATI cards to work together. I forget what it's called if I remember I will post a link.

Ok everyone, I'm just going to shell out on my birthday and buy a 5770, CM Storm Scout, and possibly some nice accessories!

The 4870 is better then the 5770 and it's cheaper. The only thing is the 4870 uses more power.

I really wouldn't spend too much since you are going to be needing a new motherboard. With the mid-higher end grapics cards you will notice not having a 2.0 pcie x16 slot.

You could buy my gts250 and a new motherboard for what you are going to pay for a 5770.

He isn't going to get a new motherboard he just got the one he has like 3 days ago. I would suggest that he get your GTS 250 as the 5770 isn't much better. Not only that but his board does support SLI so he can grab another GTS 250 later on for SLI.

linkin

VIP Member
I'd rather not get a new motherboard. I just got this one from scout. I can always overclock the northbridge a bit, which will raise the PCIE clock, and thus give higher bandwidth.

Wouldn't I notice not having a 2.0 slot with my 3870? I haven't.
All I have noticed is that when i overclocked my CPU i got better framerates.

I personally like Ati better. I don't know why. All i know is that i'm going to get a 5770. a 4870 would mean a new PSU, and lack of DX11. (even though now titles supprot it yet, it does provide better performance with DX10 games)

Last edited:

Ethan3.14159

True, but then i'd need a new PSU that has at least one 6pin connector (i'm currently using an adapter) and that would probably run the cost up to the price of a 4850.

I would like to match nvidia with nvidia though.

Ethan, how much you want for the 8800GT? also what brand, model, specs etc. I'd prefer to have 2 identical cards running for SLI. :) But for now a single 8800GT would be great.

Also, could i SLI an 8800gt with a 9800gt? Aren't they the same G92 chip?

I will have money soon because my birthday is only 11 days away, Which means I can get that 8800GT of yours and possibly a new PSU... Along with the CM Storm Scout one of my parents will be buying me.

It's a Zotac 8800GT OC'ed version. 660/1500/2000 MHZ. I don't have a set price. Make me an offer if you want.

And btw, having had 2 8800 GT's in SLI the performance comes almost to a GTX 260.

linkin

VIP Member
I have too many options... It's all skullf***ing me now. :(

images

Last edited:

87dtna

I personally like Ati better. I don't know why. All i know is that i'm going to get a 5770. a 4870 would mean a new PSU, and lack of DX11. (even though now titles supprot it yet, it does provide better performance with DX10 games)

Have you ever even used a Nvidia card? That kinda makes no sense to say you prefer something without even trying the other.
And dx11 won't mean anything for atleast a year or two at the least, which by then a 5770 won't be enough GPU to run new games either.

Aastii

VIP Member
Have you ever even used a Nvidia card? That kinda makes no sense to say you prefer something without even trying the other.
And dx11 won't mean anything for atleast a year or two at the least, which by then a 5770 won't be enough GPU to run new games either.

It is his money, he can spend it how he likes, you just seem to be pushing nvidia on everyone like a *thinks of word* fanboy. Both are good brands and if he wants ATi, hell let him have ATi, it is no skin off your back, why do you care?

=EDIT=

oh and bump :p