WTB: Ati 4850 (willing to trade)

87dtna

LOL, yeah whatever.

I'm not impressed with this 4870 I just got either. First of all it took 3 times as long to correctly install the drivers and get everything working properly. And all that just to find out I've dropped 5 fps compared the the gts250 with all the same settings playing COD WAW. I thought it was going to be an upgrade, guess I was wrong. gts250_512mb-50fps average, 4870_1gb-45 fps
I'm now convinced more than ever, ATI sucks.

My gts250 is no longer for sale, it's back in my PC already. Care for a 4870?

Fatback

VIP Member
LOL, yeah whatever.

I'm not impressed with this 4870 I just got either. First of all it took 3 times as long to correctly install the drivers and get everything working properly. And all that just to find out I've dropped 5 fps compared the the gts250 with all the same settings playing COD WAW. I thought it was going to be an upgrade, guess I was wrong. gts250_512mb-50fps average, 4870_1gb-45 fps
I'm now convinced more than ever, ATI sucks.

My gts250 is no longer for sale, it's back in my PC already. Care for a 4870?

You can't base you Idea of a whole company just because of one bad experience you have had with there product. There are thousands of people that use ATI and love them. Just as there are thousands of people that use Nvidia and love them. They are both the same neither is better then the other any body who says they are is arrogant.

mep916

Administrator
Staff member
This is a FS thread, not a GPU fanboy discussion. Let's try to keep things on topic. If you guys want to discuss this, create a thread in the video card section.

linkin

VIP Member
Still possibly looking for a 4850.. although i'm leaning towards buying a 5770 for my birthday.