Xbox 360 Elite

chuckyb2007

yea its supposed to have 120 gb hard drive, i think its stupid bcuz if ya dont buy it, n u got a regular 360 its 180$ for the add on hard drive, man bill gates luv makin money u no

Shane

Super Moderator
Staff member
ohh the links working again for me now...must have been firefox messed up or something:D

i thought the 360s hard drive was bigger than 20Gb,Dont realy see anyone needing 120Gb hard drive for a 360 though.

i picked up a Ps3 box (Empty cardboard demonstration box) that is at Asda last week...was looking around at the box and it looks sweet!

Kornowski

VIP Member
Yeah, I know, I don't think they'll beed a bigger HDD, maybe for music or downloaded demos though?

lol, You should of taken the box, pretend you have one :p

vonfeldt7

The 360 has a 20gig hard drive. Kinda.
You can only use 12 of it as 8gigs are reserved for updates, etc.

Even 12 would seem like a lot, but by the time you buy arcade games, music, movies, etc on it, it shrinks fast.

And to whoever said buy a normal hdd and paint it or w/e, you cant do that.
External hdds (usb) will work, but only for music, and stuff like that. You cant use it for everything (game saves, downloading movies, etc)

Bottom line? M$ knows how to screw their customers (and get away with it)

heyman421

banned
Some of the game demos are HUGE.

And i don't care what anyone says, being able to download demos/upgrades/new levels, etc. is a huge perk.

I'm actually considering getting a console just because of that.

I gaurantee if you wait a few months, some hacker will find a way to go to the store and buy a 500gb hard drive for $140, and format it to work with the 360.

I wouldn't shell out that much extra for an hdmi port and a larger drive.

Shane

Super Moderator
Staff member
I gaurantee if you wait a few months, some hacker will find a way to go to the store and buy a 500gb hard drive for $140, and format it to work with the 360.

I wouldn't shell out that much extra for an hdmi port and a larger drive.

yeah i agree,Actualy it wouldnt suprise me if someone has already done it :D

I did say i wouldnt buy another console again because i love computer gaming more,But to build a high end gaming rig would cost a hell of a lot more than a Ps3.
But i would definatly not buy one just yet...too expensive.

I noticed the 360s have gone down in price alot :D

PohTayToez

Can't you just buy a bigger HDD, spray it black and save yourself a whole load of money!? :p

The bigger HDD is going to be almost as much as the price difference between the 360 Premium and 360 Elite, so you won't really be saving.

And 20GB is easy to eat up. A demo can easily be half a gig or more, not to mention skins, saves, updates, arcade games, etc.

a123

this is a little off topic, but i think that the 360 would be a lot more attractive with a HD-DVD player "built-in" like how PS3 can already play blu-rays.

bigsaucybob

From what I heard, the Elite does have the HD-DVD drive built in.

The Xbox 360 Elite does not have an HD-DVD player built in.

People with an Xbox 360 know this, it is very very easy to fill up 20GB. Ecspecially when you can download a movie thats 4-6GB.

And.....

The Xbox 360 Elite will support IPTV, so you can watch TV on your Elite and use it as a DVR. So TV shows will take up space as well.

MasterEVC

this is a little off topic, but i think that the 360 would be a lot more attractive with a HD-DVD player "built-in" like how PS3 can already play blu-rays.
Then it would drive up the cost of the system like the PoS3 has. If PoS3 had a DVD drive the price would easily by $100 less.

PohTayToez

The Xbox 360 Elite does not have an HD-DVD player built in.

People with an Xbox 360 know this, it is very very easy to fill up 20GB. Ecspecially when you can download a movie thats 4-6GB.

And.....

The Xbox 360 Elite will support IPTV, so you can watch TV on your Elite and use it as a DVR. So TV shows will take up space as well.

Does it come with the HD-DVD addon, at least?

jjsevdt

for $200

I just want to point out something.

Xbox 360 Elite - 120GB HDD, DVD-ROM, MSRP HDMI, $479

PS3 - 20GB HDD, BD-DVD, HDMI, MSRP $499

A blue ray drive for $20 more.

Last edited: