Xbox 360 Elite

double b26

I am talking about console gaming eventually colliding head-on with computer gaming and from what I see it is insured to happen. I was just trying to show you how they are evolving to become more like a computer.

no doubt they are becoming more like a computer. but i doubt they collide. consoles are always gonna be behind the 8-ball when it comes to games. maybe the day it is released, it would be close to a pc's level. but because it cant be upgraded, the pc will surely surpass the console after a short period of time.

i dont see the console going the way of the computer. i see it going in the way of an accessory to the pc. the pc will always be better and more versitile than a game console. but they can make the console more useful by making it an extender and such. myself, next gen or not, i woudnt pay $400+ just to play games. i paid what i paid for my 360 because of the other things it can do with it.

Styrak

[-0MEGA-];636000 said:
Microsoft just wanted to make the 360 seem powerful, but no one really cared since after all, you dont have a choice in the processing speed for an Xbox.

Yep, if you don't have a choice, the specs don't really matter.
Also I wonder what people think when consoles advertise more and more of their specs, and start nipping at the $1000 mark or more. Perhaps they'll stop and think...wait a second, why don't I buy a computer for the same price (perhaps with better specs)?
Because consoles are basically non-upgradeable computers now, more so than before.

This will be interesting to see in the future.