Xbox 360 Elite

ADE

banned
It will always be better than a console. In the end, my computer is better. Much better. I say wimps and uneducated people in the field and unaware of the capability of computers use consoles. And yes, I upgrade at least once every 5 months, if not more. They say what they have is next gen, well, if that's true, I had that gen about 1-2 years before that came out. What they are doing is ripping people off. The true cost of a PS3 I would think is like, what, $300? X-Box 360 $200? Wii $130? If I could find the parts to make a console and build it myself I will find it to be much less money.

ADE

banned
Exactly. I love dazzling others who believe that only consoles can play game and think computers are crap like a religion. even when they see they say "oh, I've seen better" automatically even though they know their wrong. I shows Crysis to someone and said "I've seen better". I got 2 words for him.

1. Bull
2. Shit

jedijeff123

Exactly. I love dazzling others who believe that only consoles can play game and think computers are crap like a religion. even when they see they say "oh, I've seen better" automatically even though they know their wrong. I shows Crysis to someone and said "I've seen better". I got 2 words for him.

1. Bull
2. Shit

ahhh, yes....so true

double b26

So true.. If you actually look at the components, they are old.. Outdated, not next-gen at all.

thats what i just said. but i consider console gens and computer gens as totally different. for consoles, it is next gen. for computers, it yesterday's news. but like i said, apples to oranges.

ade...as far as your statement about console users being uneducated... well, that makes me question your education. personally, i dont need a computer bad enough to worry about quarterly upgrades. as long as it goes online, downloads, burns cd's and runs the software i need, its good for me. and i dont really care enough about games to pay $1500...ever. i would much rather put that money into something like my house, investments or car. thats just me tho. to each their own, as they say.

ADE

banned
Yes, I see your point very well, and I just say those who know how to build a computer do it. those who don't, and not educated in this area. I'm not saying their uneducated or dumb. Just don't have knowledge on this. It's like their brainwashed into thinking computers cant do game at all. For those of us who build computer, its not for games. Its a hobby.

jbrown456

The only nice thing about a console system is that you can have it in your living room with your couch and sit back and play some games. With a computer (yea, you could put it in your living room, but how many of you actually have that), you usually are sitting in your computer chair with a mouse and a keyboard.

ADE

banned
Oh you'd be surprised. I take the Ole rig here to many peoples houses. They wont let me hook my rig to the Ole 52 inch. :( but the other TV's yes. Who needs Co-op like slip screen? I use 2 monitors.

jbrown456

Oh you'd be surprised. I take the Ole rig here to many peoples houses. They wont let me hook my rig to the Ole 52 inch. :( but the other TV's yes. Who needs Co-op like slip screen? I use 2 monitors.

lol, yea, but I like just coming home and just turning on the tv and in like a minute im on the laying on the couch playing vid games, not sitting in a chair.... I like using control pads. I can't picture having a wireless mouse and keyboard on my couch.

ADE

banned
as for a controller, just get a USB one. They can be much better than consoles versions. ( AKA programmable, not preset. Aguste to you liking) plus better power force feedback steering wheels, joysticks, airplane simulation stuff (dog fights are sooo much better like that)

The only nice thing about a console system is that you can have it in your living room with your couch and sit back and play some games. With a computer (yea, you could put it in your living room, but how many of you actually have that), you usually are sitting in your computer chair with a mouse and a keyboard.

Exactly. I love dazzling others who believe that only consoles can play game and think computers are crap like a religion. even when they see they say "oh, I've seen better" automatically even though they know their wrong. I shows Crysis to someone and said "I've seen better".

See my friends at school think their 360's can out-run my PC. I had one brag the other day, someone(non-gamer) asked why their PC was slow, I asked about memory(RAM), they said 256Mb. I told him to needed another "stick" of memory and he would see a little performance increase, he asked what I was running, I said 1Gb of 800Mhz. I then heard a guy across the table say, "God, well, my 360 runs 120Gb of memory, so there is proof that it is way faster than your PC." I cracked up laughing(maniacally) and walked away, I tried later explaining the concept of memory(RAM) and storage:rolleyes:, what a moron? I still don't think he gets the point, he was serious about his off-the-shelf 360 beating my built PC. IT support is here for dummies like that, some IT support people are just as bad.

One of these days we might be able to buy a Nintendo Gaming OS or something like that, lol.

Last edited:

ADE

banned
I feel the exact some way. Its like a religion to them that computers cant do crap. Their dumb. That's all. COMPUTERS RULE!!!

jbrown456

See my friends at school think their 360's can out-run my PC. I had one brag the other day, someone(non-gamer) asked why their PC was slow, I asked about memory(RAM), they said 256Mb. I told him to needed another "stick" of memory and he would see a little performance increase, he asked what I was running, I said 1Gb of 800Mhz. I then heard a guy across the table say, "God, well, my 360 runs 120Gb of memory, so there is proof that it is way faster than your PC." I cracked up laughing(maniacally) and walked away, I tried later explaining the concept of memory(RAM) and storage:rolleyes:, what a moron? I still don't think he gets the point, he was serious about his off-the-shelf 360 beating my built PC. IT support is here for dummies like that, some IT support people are just as bad.

One of these days we might be able to buy a Nintendo Gaming OS or something like that, lol.

haha. thats my fav when you talking about ram and your like well i got a gig of ram then some idiot is like well my computer came with 500 gigs. and then everyone just kinda looks at him like ummm...... dip shit..

ADE

banned
haha. thats my fav when you talking about ram and your like well i got a gig of ram then some idiot is like well my computer came with 500 gigs. and then everyone just kinda looks at him like ummm...... dip shit..

LOL!!! I love that! The way you put it!!! OMG LMFAO!!! kid, you just made my day! thanks, that's the best laugh i had in a while. :p

jbrown456

I feel the exact some way. Its like a religion to them that computers cant do crap. Their dumb. That's all. COMPUTERS RULE!!!
thats because all the people with consoles generally dont care about gaming on their computers and never upgrade them, and then they see that games wont work on there computers and they think that computers suck for gaming.
its funny :)

$1500... and next year you do it again, cause it will be obsolete (or well on its way).

myself, ill spend $400 on a console and 2 minutes hooking it up. especially since i have 2 regular computers already. and honestly, why would someone spent $1500 on a computer that will be outdated in a year or so just for games? im sure its 'all that', but besides games, what is that money you spent gonna help you do? i have a year and a half old, $800 dell that does everything i ever want a computer to do, besides play newer games (tho i do need to upgrade memory and such these days, but...) but gaming on the pc isnt an issue since i have a gaming console just for that reason. plus i can use the 360's media center extender capabilities to listen to music, view pics and watch videos in my living room. and thats nice.

comparing a top end gaming pc to a gaming console is like apples to oranges.

one the computer side, you have something that u can upgrade yourself. if you have the ambition, time and money to upgrade all the time, your computer could be up to date forever (within reason). but if you dont udgrade your equiptment, over time, the computer will be outdated and obsolete.

on the console side, you buy it and thats it. youre done. they might update the firmware and such, but the internals are always going to be the same. and just like anything else like that, it will be outdated just like a pc would if you dont update. the 360's are already a year and a half old. and more than likely, the chipset and everything was already decided upon (at least) a month or better before its release. and that being the case, its in the same boat as my pc (that is approximatly the same age)...it needs upgrades to be at todays standards.

so what you are really saying is that your newly upgraded, $1500+ computer is better than a $400, 1.5 year-old, gaming console. i would hope so!!!!

You better get over that stuff...........I just noticed with the 360 that they are advertising processor speeds. That probably means that the next console(not elite) will have the core edition with a low-end processor and a Premium with a high-end. So what are you gonna do when the games start becoming more demanding here in a few years.