Votes: 8 5.2%
  • Headphones

• Other (specify)

• Total voters

The_Other_One

VIP Member
Currently at school, just my crummy laptop speakers. At home, I have a pair of very high quality 3" full range speakers, then a 10" sub when I need some thumping ;)

Jet

VIP Member
I have 5.1 in the living room, all normal speakers w/ 15" drivers, my room, a mix of 6.1 in stereo (all left and all right are the same) I made for $20 out of stuff people gave me for free that half works. sounds great. My computer has a 5.1 X-530 system, I'm blown away with the bang for the buck.

suprasteve

I think I'm going to bump some post from like 2003 just to see how many people post to it, anyways, I've got the creative megaworks 6.1

WeatherMan

I have a set of Philips 5.1 speakers in my center and surround ports with all 5 sattelites and sub working, and in the front port i have a set of logitech 2.1 speakers:D so I have 7sattelites and 2subs working together:p :cool:

Zedicus

I have 5.1 speakers, but I never really get a chance to enjoy them because I'm always playing World of Warcraft. I don't believe that game has true surround sound audio.

I think that surround sound is only good if your playing a FPS that supports it or for your home entertainment center for DvD's/TV.

SFR

Truth fears no questions
lander1107 said:
I have sound from tv also. My computer is connected to the tv.

First of all, 7.1 means 7 speakers and a sub (.1 = the sub) so your tv has two speakers?

... if you have a quality 7.1 why ruine it with a crappy tv speaker?

Everyone needs to realize quality over quantity... a high quality 2.1 can still blow away an average 5.1 or more speaker setup...

anyway, I have yet to see anyone with a better system than mine... make one up if you'd like! :p

lander1107

My t.v. set is not so old an it has Nicam Stereo, good quality EQ and AVL function i use it most to play with my playstation 2. I often use headphones too.

ceewi1

VIP Member
I have a (reasonably cheap) 4.1 system, but usually end up using headphones so as not to annoy anyone else in the house!

Ku-sama

banned
SFR said:
anyway, I have yet to see anyone with a better system than mine... make one up if you'd like! :p

SFR, how could you say this? i have a 1200W setup? 6.4? 4x12" subs? 3-way car speakers as my front two speakers for lots of tonal range, car subs for deep ass lows? 4-way difinitive center channel? 4-way Road Master rear center channel?

Rambo

@SFR: I have a 70.10 setup! :p

Hehe, only kidding, I have a total of 7 speakers and 1 sub, but it is used as a 5.1... I love it... :) It was a Tsunami 5.1 P-5100 (not the best, i know), and I added in two extras...

SFR

Truth fears no questions
Ku-sama said:
SFR, how could you say this? i have a 1200W setup? 6.4? 4x12" subs? 3-way car speakers as my front two speakers for lots of tonal range, car subs for deep ass lows? 4-way difinitive center channel? 4-way Road Master rear center channel?

Ku-sama, I saw your setup in another thread a while ago and while it is quite powerful, quality wise, your sound system just does not add up. You are most likely just blasting music for the sake of it. I like to listen to music just below detroying my ear drums... ;) While my sub only produced 650W, it does so with incredible clarity and incredible lows... Also, the center speaker, floor speakers and satellites allow me to enjoy my favorite genre of music , progressive/psychedelic rock.

I dont want to sound like a pampas ass who thinks he has the greatest system (I was being facetious in my previous post) because my sound system is far from top-of-the-line... but I do enjoy quality of sound and not just ground shaking bass.

Ku-sama

banned
my bass is far from distorted, my highs are far from statically, my speakers in total handel 3000~w, they are underpowered, yet decently close to RMS. now, im not dissing your system, i have heard some nice ass computer systems that are as full blown as mine (mostly klipsch, logitech, and creative) but all that i have tested dont touch it... only thing came close was the Logitech 5500s, which was nice, but not as much bass, but had the same clarity

SFR

Truth fears no questions
Ku-sama said:
my bass is far from distorted, my highs are far from statically, my speakers in total handel 3000~w, they are underpowered, yet decently close to RMS. now, im not dissing your system, i have heard some nice ass computer systems that are as full blown as mine (mostly klipsch, logitech, and creative) but all that i have tested dont touch it... only thing came close was the Logitech 5500s, which was nice, but not as much bass, but had the same clarity

You know I do not have a "computer" system..... I've touted my Infinity Primus System and Harman/kardon receiver since I joined this forum...

SFR

Truth fears no questions
Ku-sama said:
got any amps on that? bet it sounds pretty sweet

Its not a car system.... and not loudspeakers...

My receiver puts out a continuous 115 watts per channel 20Hz - 20kHz at 8 ohms... real quality and plenty of power for a system in an 11 by 14 foot room.

Ku-sama

banned
i have a nice ass amp on my stereo in the other room, ad its a regular stereo, but its crazy ass stereo, ment for loud ass music, mines ment for home theator.. but yeah, a home theator system like mine is overkill in my room, its being held back... yours is nice, im in a 12x12, so im squared.. but hopefully moving into a bigger room (12x14) and ill have it setup lengthwise and maybe buy a new reciever that supports 8.1 insted of 6.1, so when i move out i have something more "future proof".... i know my system looks "rigged" but truly sounds better then it looks.. your system is great, id like to compare side by side with that, its gotta be killer