Most epic game?

Droogie

that is the biggest load of bull i have heard all day, halo better than wow my rear end :p

You don't get 10 year olds whining down the mic on wow, and if that happens you can easily get rid of them very swiftly, so they know not to do it if you ever come over a young player, and halo gets repetative very fast and is now being milked way way too much, after halo 2 it was a dead idea, but microsoft persevered because like nintendo, they don't know when to stop, hence microsoft announceing several halo games, nintendo announcing several mario games, see a connection ;) and see that nintendo are becoming the laughing stock of the gaming industry... see another connection ;)

and it is damn hard to type on a laptop, i miss my real computer :p

halo was never "dead" it's always been arguably the most popular xbox game of all time, i don't blame microsoft for having 2 sequels. and they were spaced out by 3 years each, it's not like they rushed them out year after year to rake in the cash. they were well planned, well made, quality games. i know wow is a good game, i'm just not into MMO's.

kazkepox

I would have to say one of my favorite games would be Ace Online. Picture star fox online and you have it. its a flying space mmo. lots of fun, you should look it up. (there are different versions of the game according to where you live.)

a console game would be imo the jack and daxter trilogy, epic storyline, epic graphics for its time, great gameplay.

and although i haven't played it yet. EVE online looks pretty epic. (i might play it once i get a computer that will handle it)

Archangel

VIP Member
hmm.. epic games huh? Imo a game has to be really, really good in order to be called even remotely epic.
Morrowind is/was really good. I mean, when I firt played it, the huge world was, well, unheard of till then. and the music was bang on. so yea, that game had a pretty epic feel to it.

Another game that comes to mind is "Wing Commander IV: The Price of Freedom".
Brilliant story, great gameplay, and one of the few games I actually really liked the cutscenes. (may have had something to do with the actors tough. :p )

Homeworld: The gameplay was brilliant. (Liked the complex formation management etc etc. ) the only thing better than the gameplay was how the music suited the single player missions. the story was interesting, but not extremely deep or so.

The next and last game on my list is Halo. I've played that game (the single player) so incredibly much, I knew exacly where what kind and how many enemies there were.
and even at that point it was still fun to play it.
The music,.. what can I say about it other than it beeing perfect. that actually counts for the whole series imo. the music in these games is jsut so suiting, it just fits perfectly.
The music really put this game above any other shooter for me. also the voices were good, and the games dont feel cheap.

Never bothered much about the multiplayer. too many dickheads play online games, and think they're so tough. (its easy beeing an ass over the internet, but that kind of person usually doesnt dare saying the same things to someone personally)
So I judged my games only by their single player quality.

Aastii

VIP Member
how did this slip my mind...portal is the most epic game ever.

In a sea of crap, repetative, stale games, you get a game like no other that has come out for years that requires thought, is fun, has hidden stuff (visual and audible, just listen to the comentary :p), is unlike any other popular game at the time and best of all, doesn't overstay the welcome, just to boast it has "a lifetime of playtime, so you don't have to ever go outside again :D"

Cromewell

Administrator
Staff member
Homeworld: The gameplay was brilliant. (Liked the complex formation management etc etc. ) the only thing better than the gameplay was how the music suited the single player missions. the story was interesting, but not extremely deep or so.
I forgot about the original Homeworld, that was quite the epic game.

mrjack

VIP Member
I also forgot about Homeworld. It is an awesome game and is even better with some mods that make the game world larger and the gameplay even more complex.

I just had to get Secret Of Monkey Island: Special Edition. All I have to say is that it's an awesome upgrade to an awesome game. You can even talk to Spiffy! :good:

linkin

VIP Member
I havent played most of these old games... meh, sue me.

I must add Oddworld to the list. anyone ever played that? The entire Oddworld series is good imo, started waaay back on the PS1.

Kewl Munky

halo was never "dead" it's always been arguably the most popular xbox game of all time, i don't blame microsoft for having 2 sequels. and they were spaced out by 3 years each, it's not like they rushed them out year after year to rake in the cash. they were well planned, well made, quality games. i know wow is a good game, i'm just not into MMO's.

I would have to agree that Halo is dead. I'm not someone who didn't play the games. No. I played my halo disc so much it stopped loading. I even bought it for the xbox originals because I loved the campaign so much. I also played halo 2 to no end. I really think halo 3 killed it though. Halo 3 was too similar to halo 2, and most of the things they changed ruined it. The main reason halo 2 was really good was because of the integration of dual wielding which almost made it a totally different game than the first, and they changed the health system as well. Also the first halo didn't have online so it didn't get played out as much as halo 2.

On a side note, does anyone remember the Crash Bandicoot series? I ****ing loved them. The ones for the first playstation were epic but then Naughty Dog sold the series to Universal Studios who made the first PS2 one (The Wrath of Cortex) which was awesome but after that Vivendi started making the games and just killed the series >_>

Last edited:

awildgoose

On a side note, does anyone remember the Crash Bandicoot series? I ****ing loved them. The ones for the first playstation were epic but then Naughty Dog sold the series to Universal Studios who made the first PS2 one (The Wrath of Cortex) which was awesome but after that Vivendi started making the games and just killed the series >_>

YES! Crash Bandicoot were awesome, and yes I agree after Wrath of Cortex it died. I mean, tag team racing? You had to unlock it first and then run around and grr, so useless.

oregon

I would have to agree that Halo is dead. I'm not someone who didn't play the games. No. I played my halo disc so much it stopped loading. I even bought it for the xbox originals because I loved the campaign so much. I also played halo 2 to no end. I really think halo 3 killed it though. Halo 3 was too similar to halo 3, and most of the things they changed ruined it. The main reason halo 2 was really good was because of the integration of dual wielding which almost made it a totally different game than the first, and they changed the health system as well. Also the first halo didn't have online so it didn't get played out as much as halo 2.

lol halo 3 is indeed similar to halo 3

tlarkin

VIP Member
I just picked up a copy of Splinter Cell Double Agent yesterday for 8 bucks used at Gamestop. I have played through the whole series but it is one of those games I never buy brand new. I wait for like a year or two after they come out and then buy them for under $10 each. Been doing that since I got my first xbox and now I am getting the 360 versions.

I can't say they are the most epic but they are probably some of the top stealth combat games.

Dazzeerr

Half-Life. Amazing storyline which got me into FPS games and introduced me to Counter-Strike 1.5, an amazing online shooter.

Tribes 2. First online FPS game that i played and i was amazed by it, it was everything unreal tournament was and more. Got me into playing Counter-Strike, TFC etc. which has now lead to CSS, COD4 and TF2.

Gooberman

Yeah I remember my brother watching TV then we saw people waiting in front of stores to get Halo 2 and we had no clue what the game was about so we got Halo 1 and 2 for Christmas and now I'm addicted to it to this day :( lol CSS is really fun too :)