Ages of Computerforum.com

How old are you?

• Total voters

SFR

Truth fears no questions
zkiller said:
i agree though, CoFo currently has a really good admin/mod staff. especially since my useless ass resigned from being a mod... lol

This I did not know..

One question:

is resigned the correct word?

SFR

Truth fears no questions
I'm only messing around!

Seems like, to be a successfull moderator... you need to spend a lot of time infront of the computer.. on the forum...

not an easy task.. keeping people inline!

Last edited:

zkiller

<b>VIP Member</b>
SFR said:
Seems like, to be a successfull moderator... you need to spend a lot of time infront of the computer.. on the forum...
well, it's not that you have to spend more time in front of the computer, but you have to spend more time on the forums instead of doing other things. i guess i really just got lazy at some point and eventually decided there was no point in me being a mod, if didn't do the work.

Praetor

Administrator
Staff member
Thats what multitasking is for .. and multiple keyboards ...

(Lets get back on topic while we're at it)

geranimo://

When we are as old as our grandparents now, will we know as much (nothing :p ) about computers as they do? Well I say computers, but I mean the thing that will replace that, if you get what I mean, something that is for us, what computers and electronis, etc... are for them now? :cool:

ian

Administrator
Staff member
geranimo:// said:
When we are as old as our grandparents now, will we know as much (nothing :p ) about computers as they do? Well I say computers, but I mean the thing that will replace that, if you get what I mean, something that is for us, what computers and electronis, etc... are for them now? :cool:
I dont think so, most of us will keep up to date with the latest cutting edge technology, it is like a characteristic that we adapt and move with change, and dont resist it.

Lorand

<b>VIP Member</b>
geranimo:// said:
When we are as old as our grandparents now, will we know as much (nothing :p ) about computers as they do?
Interesting question...

The user interface (of whatever equipment) gets more user-friendly (and fool-proof) as times goes by. I bet (almost) nobody from this forum would understand easily how to get to work the first computer ever built. But even a 5 year old kid can play around with modern computers.
It’s like recording a TV-show. Some years ago the user would read tons of instructions before programming a VHS-recorder (and sometimes without success). Now you’re done with a couple of intuitive clicks with a media center computer.
So I think future equipments will be used by even more people (including the old version of us :) ) than computers today.

Praetor

Administrator
Staff member
The user interface (of whatever equipment) gets more user-friendly (and fool-proof) as times goes by.
Yeah we make up for it by having dumber and dumber users :D

Cromewell

Administrator
Staff member
Praetor said:
Yeah we make up for it by having dumber and dumber users :D
Indeed, the universe seems to be building the bigger and better idiot faster than we can idiot proof our electornics

Rambo

I can't beleive only 47 people have voted!!! With 3,300+ registered users, and only 47 people of them have took part in the poll!!

What has happened to everyone? lol

SFR

Truth fears no questions
Rambo said:
I can't beleive only 47 people have voted!!! With 3,300+ registered users, and only 47 people of them have took part in the poll!!

There seems to be a lot of people who have a specific question and register to post their question or people who sign up and never post.

Then there are others who post a ton in the beginning and then thats it...

Or others who post 44.61 times a day.

Rambo

SFR said:
There seems to be a lot of people who have a specific question and register to post their question or people who sign up and never post.

Then there are others who post a ton in the beginning and then thats it...

Or others who post 44.61 times a day.

Yeah..... I used to post a ton in the beggining when I was about 12 years old. Now I stay with the community, I suppose because I use it more of a way to chat and learn more..... :)

Oh by the way, 44.61? What's that all about?

Praetor

Administrator
Staff member
Just because there's a poll doesnt mean everyone has to vote :p Also, a lot of people just come by, ask a question and leave :)

I think he is referring to Praetor..
I dunno ... could be someone else ;)

Bobo

banned
skunx710 said:
33...yes i'm an old man

Old man? You're just getting into the prime of your life!

Or your midlife crisis, whichever term you prefer
:rolleyes:

I'm 13 years and 42 days old