AMD Polaris GPU - Discussion Thread

Origin Saint

@Darren, can I play this game too!? :D

CfS-bXwXEAAjw9l.jpg

Darren

Staff member
Nice touch with the jester hat... really drives home the point....

http://www.computerforum.com/threads/the-lol-thread.184456/page-381#post-1967094

Your about a year late. :p

This makes me happy that my 390 isn't totally useless now. It's just a really power hungry 480! :D

Seriously though, this is insane. The R9 380 was a pretty noticeable step down in performance from the 390 tier and now the 480 is that price if not cheaper. My (ex)roommate has a 380 and plays games at 1080p. I run games at higher settings and higher frames than him while at 1440p with my 390. He bought his 380 about 5 months ago for over $200. :/

spirit

Staff member
Benchmarks are going to depend a lot on the game and the resolution and settings used. Some games/benchmarks may be more optimised for NVIDIA and others AMD. Would be amazing if we are looking at performance like that though. $200 and faster than the GTX 980 and not far off the R9 Fury X. @Origin Saint this RX 480 might be about the same speed or a little slower than the GTX 980 Ti given its performance in relation to the 980 and the Fury X in these benchmarks. This would be one of the biggest generational leaps we've ever seen!

We will have to wait to wait for the card to be released and see what the benchmarks are like then.

Intel_man

VIP Member
When it's released and all the benchmark tests are done, it'll be interesting to see what it's strengths and weaknesses are.