Bad Company 2 Thread

g4m3rof1337

Thats impressive. Im using a 512mb 8800gt, quad core and 4Gb ram and im stuck on low settings at 1440x900. Even then i get frames as low as 20 with loads of smoke

Dual 8800GTs, Q9450, and 4GB of Ram @ 1680x1050, and I'm running smooth on Medium. I tried the automatic DX version, which I assume is DX10, and I changed it to DX9, and didn't see much of a difference.

Shane

Super Moderator
Staff member
Thats impressive. Im using a 512mb 8800gt, quad core and 4Gb ram and im stuck on low settings at 1440x900. Even then i get frames as low as 20 with loads of smoke

Thats wierd,although i played it on those specs when the game first came out...since then they have released updates/patches that have caused problems and lag on some system setups.

i had an issue some time back on my current rig with a Q6600 + 4890,it played like crap after the update but now all of a sudden it plays fine all maxed so im not sure exactly what theyre doing.

wellhellothere

Yeah i reckon it did run a lot smoother on first release - i was running the beta on medium/high settings.

On a seperate note, do you have any idea why im stuck without the option of anti aliasing, yet my 8800gt is dx10 compliant? I was under the impression that enabling AA was only availble for Dx10 and 11 cards...

(really doesnt matter too much - got a 460gtx on the way!)

mtb211

Yeah i reckon it did run a lot smoother on first release - i was running the beta on medium/high settings.

On a seperate note, do you have any idea why im stuck without the option of anti aliasing, yet my 8800gt is dx10 compliant? I was under the impression that enabling AA was only availble for Dx10 and 11 cards...

(really doesnt matter too much - got a 460gtx on the way!)

yeah thats weird you say that, ive noticed mine doesnt run as well too... why is that?

wellhellothere

Its like what Neva said, they included various graphics tweaks in the patches. The first patch slowed everything down, the second hugely increased performance, now it seems like the latest one has slowed everything down again. Something to do with the shadows is my guess

Mez

Haha I called EA yesterday and gave them a BS story about how i've been with them since BF 1942 :D I have a veteran status of 5 and the M1 Garand now :p But, on xbox live.

Shane

Super Moderator
Staff member
I hate the M1Garand ,Its useless unless your right on top of your enemy.
Thats why you hardly ever see anyone using it :p

Shane

Super Moderator
Staff member
Bad Company 2 will take place in mountainous areas along the borders with Russia, among others. It will include places in the snowy mountains, dense jungle, and deserts of sand as in the story mode and multiplayer mode.
:rolleyes: :confused:

memory

You know how at the end of the round it gives you your shots fired, hit percentage and stuff like that. Well today I joined a game that was almost over, shot like 5 times with a shotgun and it said I fired 24 rounds. I never really thought about it until now but in a full round, it says I have fired 3 to 400 rounds. I think that is a little much.

Has anybody else noticed this?

Shane

Super Moderator
Staff member
Expansion pack coming for Bad Company 2>>>

Anoucement trailer>
[YT]XgFcJ38-IOc[/YT]

[YT]ro6FVcxiKI8[/YT]

What ya think?

just a noob

You know how at the end of the round it gives you your shots fired, hit percentage and stuff like that. Well today I joined a game that was almost over, shot like 5 times with a shotgun and it said I fired 24 rounds. I never really thought about it until now but in a full round, it says I have fired 3 to 400 rounds. I think that is a little much.

Has anybody else noticed this?

Slugs or standard rounds? If it's slugs than no, but if it's normal rounds then yes.

As for the dlc it could be decent. Gets annoying when they mess with the drop on snipers every patch, though.

Shane

Super Moderator
Staff member
As for the dlc it could be decent. Gets annoying when they mess with the drop on snipers every patch, though.

Il definatly get it the DLC,Although ive not even played the Singleplayer in BC2 yes,I only done about 2 missions as i was too occupied in the Multiplayer.

As for the sniper bullet drop...They adjusted it again? :/ Ive not been a sniper for ages so i wouldnt notice :p

just a noob

Il definatly get it the DLC,Although ive not even played the Singleplayer in BC2 yes,I only done about 2 missions as i was too occupied in the Multiplayer.

As for the sniper bullet drop...They adjusted it again? :/ Ive not been a sniper for ages so i wouldnt notice :p

I dunno, I haven't played for a while(probably 10 weeks+), and I can't shoot all the enemy snipers in the face like I used to.

ellanky

Would anyone recommend this game? Im thinking of buying it. BF2 is my favorite game and cant wait till BF3 comes out but until then, will BC2 keep me entertained?