Battlefield 3 Thread

Phy

They didn't really do anything except bring both under the same parent company, which is good for us since we can use both stores for the same rewards program.

Phy

On the optimistic side, only 800 people lost their jobs, compared to some mergers/takeovers where 1000's of people lose jobs.

claptonman

EB games does. Game stop does not. Replay does not either from my memory.

Certain game stops do carry PC games. There are two in my town, a large one in a strip mall that does carry them and I preordered from them, and a small one in an actual mall that does not carry them. Just depends on the store.

wolfeking

banned
ah, ok. I didnt think they did because the ones in four seasons (Gboro), Martinsville, Roanoke, Salem, and Winston Salem dont. Guess we are not lucky to get one that does.

claptonman

Yeah not many do anymore. I don't think there's even a section for them, because I don't spend much time in any gamestops anyway. I think they just order a certain number just for preorders and then ship off the rest to... somewhere. I'm just guessing.

tech savvy

EB games does. Game stop does not. Replay does not either from my memory.

My friend, I live in Florida, and every gamestop that I visited carries PC games. But I cant comment on the midnight release for gamestop, even though ive per-order tones of games though them that was midnight launches, I never asked or did a midnight launch for PC.

jonnyp11

well for a midnight launch it would be for everything, and i think most don't sell copies for the pc for the most obvious reason, steam and origin have all their rediculous sales and all there is no competition when gamestop and stores have to pay for shipping and all that stuff so their profit margin is much lower so they can't afford these sales and all.

salvage-this

I just bought it at the midnight launch. When ever I try to install it it tries to download it. Anyone figure out how to install it from the cd?

Edit: I am an idiot. Aparently it "downloads" it from the cd...(facepalm)

Last edited:

salvage-this

Well just to give the people a benchmark I have been playing the first mission to the campaign. At 1920x1080, ultra settings x4AA and x16 AF I am getting about 36 FPS With my current setup. Not too bad.

linkin

VIP Member
Is your card a 2GB? You you use GPU-Z to log VRAM usage? (make sure you tick keep refreshing in background) Cheers :)

mtb211

I just started playing it this morning, got about 2 plays for 20 minutes each... but my game keeps crashing... I had to go to work but I updating my video drivers... something tells me its still going to crash

claptonman

I just bought it at the midnight launch. When ever I try to install it it tries to download it. Anyone figure out how to install it from the cd?

Edit: I am an idiot. Aparently it "downloads" it from the cd...(facepalm)

Yeah, but it was going at literally 9 mb/s, which is not normal... oh well.

It's amazing. 35-60 fps for me. Can't wait to see what my new CPU does. (I'm using a X2 555, my X4 is in the mail.

Ankur

I am getting it on 28th :( more than 48 hours of waiting lol and I can't even stop myself watching the walkthroughs. Time to start planning of a clan :D .

SuperDuperMe

Went into gamestation to put some more money down for bf3 :d

Can not wait for midnight launch, i do not intend to sleep friday morning :p

could someone let me know how big the day one patch is? and is back to karkand on the disk or does it have to be downloaded...(is it even out yet)?