CF OFFICIAL 3DMARK (2013) Leaderboard

spirit

Staff member
Pretty Nice Man! Why the 32GB of memory? I believe that is the Half-x isn't it? Why that case?

Geoff buys stuff just because he can. That's why he's got a Canon 5D MkIII too. :p

I also believe he does a lot of editing, so 32GB is useful. ;)

FuryRosewood

also the new nvidia drivers seem to improve boost speeds on the 6xx cards, that improved my score 500 points, will overclock and try again soon.

Geoff

VIP Member
Pretty Nice Man! Why the 32GB of memory? I believe that is the Half-x isn't it? Why that case?
I do a lot of photo editing, and I figured this way I'd be set for a while ;) And yes, it is the HAF X. I loved the whole setup of the case, makes for easy installation and looks great!

Well, because the case is awesome :p. However, that is a whole lot of ram.
Yup :p

Geoff buys stuff just because he can. That's why he's got a Canon 5D MkIII too. :p

I also believe he does a lot of editing, so 32GB is useful. ;)
Hehe, that I do!

Spesh

do multi gpu setups count? gtx 690 quad sli here

Just out of interest, what's the rationale behind having a pair of 690's? A single 690 is already limited enough by it's lack of video memory.

I don't see how a second card would provide any performance increase at all, apart from in synthetic benchmarks. Would it not have been more sensible to got for two or three 680 4Gb cards?

spirit

Staff member
Getting jealous of all you guys with your nice new cards. My 5870 is still hanging on in there I guess. :p

oke, yes if you are not a gamer, or a gamer how whants the best quality then its enough.
with some games its not normal what card you need to play at the best quality.

spirit

Staff member
oke, yes if you are not a gamer, or a gamer how whants the best quality then its enough.
with some games its not normal what card you need to play at the best quality.

It's still perfectly fine for gaming. I can max Just Cause 2, NFS Hot Pursuit and Dirt 3 out at 1080p with it and achieve good FPS.

I would probably upgrade if I had the money and the need to upgrade, and I'd probably get an NVIDIA card because CUDA would help with my video and photo editing. :)

It's still perfectly fine for gaming. I can max Just Cause 2, NFS Hot Pursuit and Dirt 3 out at 1080p with it and achieve good FPS.

I would probably upgrade if I had the money and the need to upgrade, and I'd probably get an NVIDIA card because CUDA would help with my video and photo editing. :)

yes cuda helps a lot for editing.
and yes if you can max out the games that you play, why upgrade.
the newer games are more heavyer but almost every card will have problems with crysis 3 or farcry 3 max out.

G80FTW

Just ran this and got 6675 but forgot to turn off speedstep so Im going to run it again and overclock my 680 this time, and for the first time :D

It appears to me that the test seems to run better on ATi cards? I dont remember the 7950 outperforming the 680 in any games, even the 7970 struggles to keep up with the 680 in some games. But, maybe its just able to make use of the ATi cards better than games do. The 7950 does have alot more raw power than the 680 afterall...

But anyway, will post my results shortly.