Folding@Home: CF Official Discussion Thread

mep916

Administrator
Staff member
Yeah see my above edit for ultimate weirdness...

Hah. Yeah, those are SC clocks for sure. I believe the BIOS version for the SC cards are different from the vanilla versions. That's how they factory overclock the cards, they modify the BIOS. I'll see if I can find a GPU-Z screen capture of a vanilla clocked 260 and see if the BIOS version is different from yours.

ScOuT

VIP Member
Here is my GPU-Z shot of a 260GTX Super Clock Edition...different BIOS versions but same clock speeds. He also has the 55nm version.

Untitled-7.jpg

mep916

Administrator
Staff member
My only guess is that you received a card with a SC BIOS, since both Precision and GPUZ are reporting the same clock speeds.

ScOuT

VIP Member
Is yours a 65nm version ScOuT? Mine's a 55nm which may explain the revision differences.

Yes mine is the 65nm version eVGA card. I am sure that is the reason for the different BIOS between the two. You most definitely have Super Clock speeds on your card though.

ScOuT

VIP Member
I can't fold but just a couple hours a day...I work from 0530 to about 1800 at night...long days. My wife uses the computer here and there throughout the day but that's it. My rig with 6 x Sycthe 133 cfm fans is LOUD. Can't run it at night...you can hear it all throughout my house:)

You'll catch me in a couple days or so.

I am going to OC and let it run all weekend...the race is on pal! LOL:) I am looking to get up around 20,000 this weekend...catch me if you can!

Last edited:

Hyper_Kagome

There... just turned my PS3 on after a few days of having it off.
FOLD YOU. FOLD. SAVE LIVES.

Best thing about my TV is that is has three HDMI cable slots... so I can have my PS3 folding while I'm off on another HDMI channel playing a game on my 360. :)

mep916

Administrator
Staff member
For those of you that run Vista, download the F@H Gadget. Enter 44358 for the team number, your user ID, and you can monitor your personal and team points in the sidebar. It's a handy tool.

Doesn't work with Windows 7, not yet anyway. I'm sure a compatible version will be released this year.

ScOuT

VIP Member
The gadget you recommended does not display right on my computer...all the words are smashed together and you can't read anything. It would be a cool gadget though:cool:

I am going to OC and let it run all weekend...the race is on pal! LOL:) I am looking to get up around 20,000 this weekend...catch me if you can!

I did it, broke 20,000 this weekend...where you at PabloTek...I'm looking in my rear view mirror but I can't see you:confused:

mep916

Administrator
Staff member
Awesome guys and gals! :D

Earlier today, I shipped off my 9800 GTX+ for a 55nm GTX 260 using the EVGA step up program. Hopefully power consumption is lower with the smaller die, and I'll be up to ~8,000 PPD.