Graphic Card needed

goranpaa

Am on it :D
actually the 64 bit is available with me
but am being a kid right now
want to make optimum utilisation of my PC-TIME right now by playing games!
but i will upgrade it to 64 bit soon :)

Ok. Take your time enjoying the gaming now. :)

Last edited:

sudcell

was playing Saints Row 3..
After around an hour of gaming, i thought i should check the temperature (GPU) and when i did it was shocking 75 degrees C

Should i be worried from now on?
What should be the ideal GPU temperature while gaming??

sudcell

Hi Guys..
Since i noticed temps of 75 degrees i have been thinking what all i can do and that probed me into checking out my CABINET!

I found out that as of now my computer has:
1 processor FAN
1 PSU fan- CX600
2 Fans's on the R9 270

They are circulating the air inside but are not capable of throwing air outside the cabinet..
I have just one fan which is throwing air outside the cabinet and i think that is not doing what i require/ need at this time.. It is 8cms in diameter.. Came with the cabinet..

I also found out that my cabinet is capable of having 3 fans (2 fans of 8cms each and one of 12cms) ..
So now what i want to know is do i need more fans (Which i think -- I DO!)
Of what BRAND? What should be the RPM? Is RPM the only thing that should be considered while purchasing fans?
Should i replace this fan too (the 8cms cabinet one)?

I dont have huge budget for this upgrade..
I think i can munch out only 50$ for all the 3 fans in total..
Now that's upto you whether you want me to buy a single 50$ fan or 3 x 15$ fans :D

Thanks in advance :p

goranpaa

Well, the exhaust fan or fans of the case are the most important ones. Such a fan will see to that the air is dragged thru the box and out as fast as possible. The problem with your case are that the 80 mm exhaust fan is quite small and will have to spin very fast and therefore will be noisy at the same time to be able to make the air get out in a decent way. It would have been a lot better if that fan had been at least a 120 mm.

The RPM is'nt the important thing here. It's the amount of air the fan can push = CFM = Cubic Foot per Meter. The higher CFM the better. The lower rpm and at the same time higher CFM a fan have? The better. More RPM, often mean that the fan will be noisier.

One thing you can do to help the 80 mm fan, is to dismount it, and then tape up a strudy little bag securely over the fan hole on the inside of the case. Then take out a plier and snip away the rear case fan grille. The bag vill prevent any metal shards or dust to get in contact with the hardware wich is dangerous for it.

That grille, acts like an "air brake" and makes the hot air bounce back and forth between the fan blades and the grille before it gets out. Removing that grille will also make the fan a bit less noiser.

There are fan adapters / funnels that allows you to to mount a 120 mm fan to an 80 mm fan mount on the outside of the case.

Here are a couple of fan suggestions:

http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16835608006 This is likely the most silent and at the same time the most efficient one.

http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16835352009

The 120mm fan with this adapter.

http://www.newegg.com/Product/Produ...6022&cm_re=Fan_adapter-_-11-996-022-_-Product

The case fans have a small arrow on the edge of the housing wich tells you in wich direction it will blow.

Last edited:

goranpaa

was playing Saints Row 3..
After around an hour of gaming, i thought i should check the temperature (GPU) and when i did it was shocking 75 degrees C

Should i be worried from now on?
What should be the ideal GPU temperature while gaming??

Naah, 75 degrees are an ok. temperature. Now, it also will depend on what room temperature you have at the time? But if you have around 25 Celsius room temperature in the summer and still have a video card, load temperature that stays under or slightly above 80C ? Then you have nothing to worry about. Of coarce, the lower the temperature are the better. 60 - 65 C at load should be considered as a good one I think?

My 270X have an idle temperature ( Not gaming ) at 35 C and at load 56 C average. After gaming for 2 hours. But then I have a huge case with 2 X 120 mm exhaust fans only and have seen to that all cables are out of the way of the air flow thru the case + have removed all of the case fan grilles. My room temperature are right now 19 C.

Last edited:

sudcell

Well, the exhaust fan or fans of the case are the most important ones. Such a fan will see to that the air is dragged thru the box and out as fast as possible. The problem with your case are that the 80 mm exhaust fan is quite small and will have to spin very fast and therefore will be noisy at the same time to be able to make the air get out in a decent way. It would have been a lot better if that fan had been at least a 120 mm.

The RPM is'nt the important thing here. It's the amount of air the fan can push = CFM = Cubic Foot per Meter. The higher CFM the better. The lower rpm and at the same time higher CFM a fan have? The better. More RPM, often mean that the fan will be noisier.

One thing you can do to help the 80 mm fan, is to dismount it, and then tape up a strudy little bag securely over the fan hole on the inside of the case. Then take out a plier and snip away the rear case fan grille. The bag vill prevent any metal shards or dust to get in contact with the hardware wich is dangerous for it.

That grille, acts like an "air brake" and makes the hot air bounce back and forth between the fan blades and the grille before it gets out. Removing that grille will also make the fan a bit less noiser.

There are fan adapters / funnels that allows you to to mount a 120 mm fan to an 80 mm fan mount on the outside of the case.

Here are a couple of fan suggestions:

http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16835608006 This is likely the most silent and at the same time the most efficient one.

http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16835352009

The 120mm fan with this adapter.

http://www.newegg.com/Product/Produ...6022&cm_re=Fan_adapter-_-11-996-022-_-Product

The case fans have a small arrow on the edge of the housing wich tells you in wich direction it will blow.

Hows 45 cfm for airflow?
i think i should purchase the product locally itself as it is not that costly of a product !

sudcell

Naah, 75 degrees are an ok. temperature. Now, it also will depend on what room temperature you have at the time? But if you have around 25 Celsius room temperature in the summer and still have a video card, load temperature that stays under or slightly above 80C ? Then you have nothing to worry about. Of coarce, the lower the temperature are the better. 60 - 65 C at load should be considered as a good one I think?

The room temperature was around 30C
now the winters are about to start here!
but during summers, temperature here goes upto 48°C so i was planning to get the fans now itself

goranpaa

The room temperature was around 30C
now the winters are about to start here!
but during summers, temperature here goes upto 48°C so i was planning to get the fans now itself

Ok. Yeah, with that kind of summer temperture, you are wise to do anything you can to lower the case and hardware temperatures. Here in the south of Sweden it's rare that we have more than 30 C outside at the most in the summer.

Last edited:

sudcell

Ok. Yeah, with that kind of summer temperture, you are wise to do anything you can to lower the case and hardware temperatures. Here in the south of Sweden it's rare that we have more than 30 C outside at the most in the summer.

You're quite lucky then :envy:
i hate summers :(

sudcell

Suggest me something for about 25$ with max cfm

Cooler Master SickleFlow X Blue 120 mm Cooler
Fan Life 50000 hr
Noise Level 19 dB
Fan AirFlow 69.69 CFM
Fan Speed 2000 RPM
Fan Bearing Type Sleeve Bearing
Air Pressure 2.94 mmH2O

OR

Cooler Master XtraFlo Cooler 120mm? Which one should i go for?
Fan Life 40000 hr
Noise Level 38 dB
Fan AirFlow 34.02 - 93.74 CFM
Fan Speed 800 - 2200 RPM
Fan Speed Control PWM
Fan Bearing Type DynaLoop Bearing
Air Pressure 0.43 - 3.3 mmH2O

Last edited:

Darren

Staff member
You don't need fancy fans by any means. Even just a generic Rosewill fan would be fine, you just need something that moves air at all. Scary that you only have one case fan overall. I have 5. :p

goranpaa

Suggest me something for about 25$ with max cfm

Cooler Master SickleFlow X Blue 120 mm Cooler
Fan Life 50000 hr
Noise Level 19 dB
Fan AirFlow 69.69 CFM
Fan Speed 2000 RPM
Fan Bearing Type Sleeve Bearing
Air Pressure 2.94 mmH2O

OR

Cooler Master XtraFlo Cooler 120mm? Which one should i go for?
Fan Life 40000 hr
Noise Level 38 dB
Fan AirFlow 34.02 - 93.74 CFM
Fan Speed 800 - 2200 RPM
Fan Speed Control PWM
Fan Bearing Type DynaLoop Bearing
Air Pressure 0.43 - 3.3 mmH2O

Looking at the specs, I would say the Sickleflow X definite. It have noticeable better noise ratio but still push a good amount of air. But that size of a fan will only work on your computer case if you also get the Nexus adaper I told you about before.

Last edited:

sudcell

Looking at the specs, I would say the Sickleflow X definite. It have noticeable better noise ratio but still push a good amount of air. But that size of a fan will only work on your computer case if you also get the Nexus adaper I told you about before.

I thought the cooler master xtreme flo would be better among these 2 as it has higher RPM and CFM too
Ordered it already :p

sudcell

You don't need fancy fans by any means. Even just a generic Rosewill fan would be fine, you just need something that moves air at all. Scary that you only have one case fan overall. I have 5. :p

I was wanting to know another thing..
The air that the fan throws should be coming outside the case or should it be sucking the outside air and throwing it inside the case??

goranpaa

I was wanting to know another thing..
The air that the fan throws should be coming outside the case or should it be sucking the outside air and throwing it inside the case??

It should be mounted so it will suck out the hot air from the inside of the case and then exhaust it.

sudcell

It should be mounted so it will suck out the hot air from the inside of the case and then exhaust it.

that's what i did today. Changed it to what you're saying now :)

From the last 3yrs it was working the other way around..
How scary is that.. Think about it..
I have just 1 fan and that too was not throwing the air out of the cabinet, instead it was sucking the outside air :-/

Last edited: