Liquid Cooling 101 - Needs Updating

Geoff

VIP Member
Alright, I uploaded the changes that I have made so far. I was going to wait until I was finished before submitting them, but there are some severe storms nearby and I didnt want to risk loosing what I had done.

I'm open to comments on what I have so far as well, but keep in mind that not everything is completed yet.

butter

as a future moderator, i wanna improve this article by making a couple of corrections.. :cool:

but b4 i even started, tell me please, is it considered a help or being a wise ***?

"...water can holds a lot more heat..."

Geoff

VIP Member
as a future moderator, i wanna improve this article by making a couple of corrections.. :cool:

but b4 i even started, tell me please, is it considered a help or being a wise ***?
haha, thanks for pointing that out, i'll fix it right away. :)

spanky

This post is the first time I've read of TEC cooling and I am now really interested in it as I was looking into water cooling. I'm a bit confused about some of the TEC kits available though. All in all, thanks!

Geoff

VIP Member
Looks good but you should name manufactures, DD, swifttech, Ek.....
I may make a list similar to ceewi, noting some of the popular brands and some of the ones known to be of poor quality.

This post is the first time I've read of TEC cooling and I am now really interested in it as I was looking into water cooling. I'm a bit confused about some of the TEC kits available though. All in all, thanks!
They make heatsink and fan based TEC coolers, and they work pretty well. Heres one from frozencpu.com

http://www.frozencpu.com/products/5...lTec_Thermo_Electric_CPU_Cooler_ULT33186.html

I looked to be a mod when I joined up and then slowly over time I just grown away from it. I saw what kinda crap they had to put up with... Just wait until 1500 posts and then think back.

butter

I looked to be a mod when I joined up and then slowly over time I just grown away from it. I saw what kinda crap they had to put up with... Just wait until 1500 posts and then think back.
haha, ok.. i gotcha.. i used to be a mod, back in college days, so i pretty much no what it is.. but yea, ur right - i've gotta wait till at least 1000 posts

Geoff

VIP Member
haha, ok.. i gotcha.. i used to be a mod, back in college days, so i pretty much no what it is.. but yea, ur right - i've gotta wait till at least 1000 posts
It's highly unlikely you would be a mod now, since your so new.

But lets just get back on topic please. :)

butter

[-0MEGA-];721464 said:
It's highly unlikely you would be a mod now, since your so new.

But lets just get back on topic please. :)
ok, back on topic.

getting rid of CPU and GPU coolers makes a rig colder.. any quieter tho?

The_Beast

don't get a TEC, get a phase changer

[-0MEGA-];721464 said:
I may make a list similar to ceewi, noting some of the popular brands and some of the ones known to be of poor quality

do you want help???

ok, back on topic.

getting rid of CPU and GPU coolers makes a rig colder.. any quieter tho?

that is why alot of people have them, quiet

spanky

[-0MEGA-];721420 said:
I may make a list similar to ceewi, noting some of the popular brands and some of the ones known to be of poor quality.

They make heatsink and fan based TEC coolers, and they work pretty well. Heres one from frozencpu.com

http://www.frozencpu.com/products/5...lTec_Thermo_Electric_CPU_Cooler_ULT33186.html

That is the only fan based tec cooler I've found. The rest are liquid kits by Swiftech or CoolIT based on what I've found. This tec stuff fascinates me.

Geoff

VIP Member
don't get a TEC, get a phase changer
Phase-change cooling is the best way to really cool your processor, but unless you have $800+ and dont mind paying a high electricity bill, then it's probably not for you. I was actually going to talk a little bit about phase-change cooling as well for a bit.