Messenger and IE problems

leah

Cromewell said:
You should be able to load IE in safe mode, pick the option with networking support.

I'm afraid my ignorance is showing again. What do you mean "pick the option with networking support"? Sorry..............

Cromewell

Administrator
Staff member
You should get a menu when you hit F8 to go into safe mode, it should have some options, one of them will say 'Safe Mode With Networking Support' or something to the likes of that.

leah

The options that I have after pressing F8 are:

Normal
Safe Mode
Step by step confirmation
Command prompt only
Safe mode command prompt only

Buzz1927 said:
How do you mean its not happening? Does IE not work in safe mode?

When you load up in Safe Mode You Dont get no internet Access what so ever so that why you cant access anything .....

leah said:
The options that I have after pressing F8 are:

Normal
(Safe Mode)
Step by step confirmation
Command prompt only
Safe mode command prompt only

Yea Select Safe Mode ....the one in bold

Cromewell said:
You should get a menu when you hit F8 to go into safe mode, it should have some options, one of them will say 'Safe Mode With Networking Support' or something to the likes of that.

You can use F8 or Ctrl ...or easier option is to switch Pc on and off for 10 times and it will bring that menu up lol

leah

Buzz1927 said:
Might sound daft, but have you got an anti-virus? Try scanning with it in safe mode.

I use AVG - it didnt even pick up on the virus that the other scan caught.

leah

evilxp2800 said:
Yea Select Safe Mode ....the one in bold

But, I was trying to get into Safe Mode with networking so that I could do an online virus scan and hopefully it would delete the virus. I did the scan and it got 1 virus.........the only way (from instructions) is to redo the scan while in safe mode.

elmarcorulz

VIP Member
Buzz1927 said:
Well i'm writing this in safe mode.
your using xp, hes using '98, if i remember correctly, the safe mode in 98 didnt have networking features. the only thing i can think of, is do what cromwell said, back up and reinstall windows

Buzz1927

Digaredd
your using xp, hes using '98, if i remember correctly, the safe mode in 98 didnt have networking features. the only thing i can think of, is do what cromwell said, back up and reinstall windows
Sorry, this was directed at evilxp, who's running xp but doesn't know how to use the net in safe mode.

Buzz1927

Digaredd
leah, I looked into this a bit more, its not a virus, although it is malicious. Clearing the Java cache will sort it.

leah

Buzz1927 said:
leah, I looked into this a bit more, its not a virus, although it is malicious. Clearing the Java cache will sort it.

Wonderful ------- now, how do I do this? :eek: