Need help on my first build

ReMiXeDg

I've looked into it many times but now I have the money to build myself a nice rig.

I'm looking for someone who can help gather all the parts that will work together to have me a nice rig for gaming.

I want to do some hard core gaming my budget is around $1700

I own a i5 mac with SSD and 8gb ram but the graphics card isn't that good I paid 2k for it I'm willing to put this much money and finally get myself a nice gaming rig.

I want to play lots of racing games and mmorpgs

Please help many thanks

I would like a sting graphics and CPU

How can I know what parts go with what?

ReMiXeDg

Thanks for the reply ninja. I seen you help out someone else and I've learned a lot from that thread.

This is my first build ever and I plan to buy the parts over December and have this rig built before my birthday being in February x I want to make this a sick PC

Will this configuration be able to run at high res like battle field . Skyrim .. And racing simulators like iracing thanks a lot

I feel that I should go with more ram should I?

Will these parts last in the long run and is there a better bang for my buck that I can get on the mother board? Thanks

ReMiXeDg

Thanks a lot Ninja .

I'm going to get this rig going ASAP.

I might get the GPU off newegg for 568 it comes with a free game I'm getting far cry

Anyone know how can I put a light kit in my system where would I wire the LEDs and is there a kit for thus

ninjabubbles3

I dont know much, but im sure there are led strips that connect to usb ports on the mobo.

Picked out a nice case yet?

Also, make sure you know how to put everything together as well

ReMiXeDg

I dont know much, but im sure there are led strips that connect to usb ports on the mobo.

Picked out a nice case yet?

Also, make sure you know how to put everything together as well

I'm tech savy I've took apart computers before and put them together I think I can do it as long as I don't rush I'll watch videos here and there but I doubt I need it as I've watch them before.

I just started a thread in the case forum I'm looking to get a unique case something that stands out any opinions.

Do you think a 250gb SSD can hold up and in the future I can add more

On cyber Monday there's got to be atleast some deals I want to try to pick up the GPU on Monday maybe I can get a good price.

ninjabubbles3

I doubt that prices will be lower than,on newegg, they are running some crazy deals, as well as amazon.

Ive already picked up a nice mouse, and a PSU

250 gigs should be plenty for OS and Games, but thats me, as I could fit my entire computers storage on a 250 gigs drive, including OS

ReMiXeDg

I doubt that prices will be lower than,on newegg, they are running some crazy deals, as well as amazon.

Ive already picked up a nice mouse, and a PSU

250 gigs should be plenty for OS and Games, but thats me, as I could fit my entire computers storage on a 250 gigs drive, including OS

What parts should I purchase first?

ReMiXeDg

Hey ninja quick question i seen this on the parts list:

Compatibility Notes
The G.Skill Ripjaws X Series 8GB (2 x 4GB) DDR3-2133 Memory operating voltage of 1.6V exceeds the Intel Haswell Refresh CPU recommended maximum of 1.5V+5% (1.575V). This memory module may run at a reduced clock rate to meet the 1.5V voltage recommendation, or may require running at a voltage greater than the Intel recommended maximum.

should I worry about it or look over it thanks..

Im going to purchase all parts together. sometime this week like monday.

ninjabubbles3

Dont worry about it.

Initially, the mobo will downclock it to 1333 MHz, but just enable one of the Intel XMP presets and you will be golden

ReMiXeDg

Dont worry about it.

Initially, the mobo will downclock it to 1333 MHz, but just enable one of the Intel XMP presets and you will be golden

how would i do that in the bios i just looked it up. thanks for super fast reply. man do i need to go to sleep .
i cant wait to get to it and start playing etc.

when you run sli (dual gpus) that just doubles the ram for the gpu or what?

im totally new to this thanks a lot man kudos

ReMiXeDg

Quick question.

What else do I need as in parts like thermal past and etc things any screws or bolts or wires I should throw in?

Do you have any good tutorials or videos that will give me more knowledge in putting everything together.

What type of anti static mat can I get?

How can I use a 4k monitor with the build you showed me thanks

Ok so I purchased the parts all from new egg for about $1500 not bad I'm happy .

Quick question could I use a external DVD drive instead of a internal one. Like use it by plugin it into USB

Secound how should I start what should I prep first etc thanks a lot

Last edited:

ninjabubbles3

Parts like thermal paste will come with the cooler. Screws will come with the case.

NeweggTV has a very good build guide on YouTube.

You don't really need an antistatic mat/wristband. Just remember to discharge your static electricity onto the case before you start working.

For a 4K monitor, just plug it in through displayport. You most probably won't be able to game heavily at 4K, but lighter games and browsing should go great

At this point, you don't need a DVD drive. Use a windows bootstick or something.
In the case you want one, an external one will do fine, through USB

You should do the prebuild first, meaning stick in the RAM, CPU, install the cooler etc.

Then install the rear IO, and install the mobo into the case with standoffs and screws.

Then wire everything up.

This will all be in the new egg video, so I didn't go into too much detail

ReMiXeDg

Thanks once again so old games I would possible to be able to 4k play but what about watching movies and pictures etc web browsing will I benefit from it

ninjabubbles3

Movies and pictures will be fine, as well as some older games, and browsing the web. Maybe not stuff like BF4. Could still play Grid 2/Autosport maybe