Need help on my first build

ReMiXeDg

I DID IT!

JUST BOOTED MY BABY UP!

no errors as of right now. im monitoring the temps in the bios .. so far as for about 5 mins on the tems are as follow:

cpu: 26c / 78f
mb: 22c / 71f
vrm : 32c / 89f

is this good temps?

Darren

Staff member
Your temperatures at idle don't really matter much. Those look fine though.

You'll need to play a game or something and see what the temperatures are using software like HWMonitor.

Generally you want under 65 for your CPU and under 70 for your GPU. Or there abouts.

ReMiXeDg

Your temperatures at idle don't really matter much. Those look fine though.

You'll need to play a game or something and see what the temperatures are using software like HWMonitor.

Generally you want under 65 for your CPU and under 70 for your GPU. Or there abouts.

thanks im going to install a game and see how it goes.

as for fan rpms how should i set that up i heard on the h440 case the multi fan adapter keeps all the fans running at top speed if i conect them to the board what should i set the rpms to.

boy i feel so powerful after building this thing i had to fiddle here and there but i want to build more now!!!!!

ninjabubbles3

Yeah, best feeling in the world bro!

Every week, youll find yourself opening it and fiddling around to manage cables amd whatnot

Darren

Staff member
Every week, youll find yourself opening it and fiddling around to manage cables amd whatnot

This is not an advisable habit. More you tinker more likely you are to break something or mess something up, especially if its already working fine. Not to say you shouldn't take a stab at cable management at some time, but every week? :p

OP, unless the current fan noise level bothers you I'd just leave them.

ninjabubbles3

This is not an advisable habit. More you tinker more likely you are to break something or mess something up, especially if its already working fine. Not to say you shouldn't take a stab at cable management at some time, but every week? :p

OP, unless the current fan noise level bothers you I'd just leave them.

Yep, so far I have only broke the stock Intel fan, not a huge loss.

More like very month or so, or when I feel motivated

Darren

Staff member
Yeah I was like that for a while too. Over Christmas break I'm going to open up my system and clean it to hell. Might even completely break it down and rebuild it to make a guide.

ReMiXeDg

Thanks for the help to all

Under load what should my cpu and my gpu temp be.

Thanks I got a bunch of games and my xbox one remote set up already I need to get a kick ass monitor any suggestions

Darren

Staff member
Personally I prefer to keep it under 60. Really under 70 is probably okay but it depends on the chip. The max recommended temp for a lot of recent AMD chips is 62. I'm not sure about Intels though.

C4C

I'd want to be nowhere near those temps in any situation really. Especially the processor at 80.

Agreed. It's not safe to expose electronics to that type of heat for an extended period of time.

And yes, 5-10° C makes a HUGE difference.

tylerjrb

Looking good :)

What resolution and fps are you looking at? A 60hz 1440p or 120hz 1080p monitor will be fine for the 980. But if you plan 60hz 1080p get a 970.

I'd say around 70c on an Intel i7 cpu is fine. Mine doesn't go far over 50c on 4.6ghz. Intels safe rating is something like 92c but obviously you want to keep it under that for normal running.

Processors are very reliable, never had one die on me. Plus if it does die you can send it to Intel no problem. I sent a broken one I bought off eBay (my 3770k) and they replaced it. Cost me £90 and its retail is around £230.

Last edited:

ReMiXeDg

Dont worry about it.

Initially, the mobo will downclock it to 1333 MHz, but just enable one of the Intel XMP presets and you will be golden

could you teach my how guide me how to do this with this set up or should i leave it as it is? i havent touched it .

ever sins the build ive been playing a couple games and its been great thanks again