Need help on my first build

ReMiXeDg

The nzxt h440 supports that water cooling set up right a rep on new egg said it might not he just brought it up didn't even ask him he got me a hot worried lol.

I'm going to reorder everything Monday issues with my paypal account new egg void order because it came under my business name and not my billing..

ReMiXeDg

DEPENDS. Sometimes cards aren't fully utilized in SLI/CFX. I'm pretty sure the 9XX cards can but this isn't always the case.

so in other words other cards arent able to do it but the 9xx cards most likely could possibly do it?

what would be better to purchase all this today being black friday or cyber monday/

I was on the phone with newegg tech they said wait till cyber monday as many deals with be put out.. i dont know if i should wait to not lol.

for the build that was posted above would it last long time? say a couple years?

ninjabubbles3

Would last a while, but the best thing about building your own is that your never more than two upgrades away from a new system.

Also performance in SLI isn't double of one card, more like 1 and 7/8s of the card

C4C

is that graphics card the gtx 980 the newest card out?

AMD will be releasing the 300 series soon for next year but that'll be a while, so yes.

Also performance in SLI isn't double of one card, more like 1 and 7/8s of the card

As far as I know, SLI/CFX make the cards work together to share the workload limiting stress and allowing for cooler temperatures.

The best way I can describe this is running your car at high RPM's. As soon as you shift to the next gear, the RPM's drop and the temperature drops while the same workout (speed of the vehicle) is being pushed (possibly slightly better).

With 4K displays, I've never heard of Monoprice. My personal opinion is to buy a Samsung or Asus UHD screen.

Last edited:

ReMiXeDg

do the parts hold up?

should i worry about purchasing extra insurance on parts wiill they fail most likely within 2 years/??

ReMiXeDg

Hey so I got my first three parts :)

I purchased the i7 & motherboard for $520 with 2yr insurance from microcenter near my home. First I must say microcenter is a really nice place . Very friendly staff and they have beep loads of merchandise.

I also got the h100i for $105 from new egg with a $20 mail in rebate card. Should of purchased it Friday I believe it was a bit more cheaper.

Last night I was going to purchase the power supply it was going for like $35 bucks I ended up trying to wait till the morning and now they are sold out on newegg..

I will be gathering more parts with-in the next two weeks..

once again thanks and you rock ninja..

ReMiXeDg

Should I upgrade or add any additional fans to the csse nxxt h440 ??

I want my system running as cool as possible.

C4C

Should I upgrade or add any additional fans to the csse nxxt h440 ??

I want my system running as cool as possible.

Comes with 4 fans. 3 in the front and 1 in the rear. My guess would be that the 3 front fans are intake with one exhaust which creates positive pressure.

I would take one of the front fans and mount it on the top as an exhaust port to help the rising hot air escape. :)

They aren't bad, they just need an adjustment.

C4C

Thanks and what about the two fans that come with the h100I?

And what about thermal paste

2 x 120mm fans which means you can mount it on the top (disregard the front to top fan move)

About the Thermal paste, Arctic Silver is good from what I've heard.. I haven't used it myself.