Official 3dMark06 Rank Thread

87dtna

I have no idea what a good number is and what a bad number is:confused:

]

Seems low for your hardware, but newer drivers aren't friendly to 3dmark06. The GPU doesn't even get used 100% at all, so thats why the score is lower. And with a 6970, you don't have a choice but to use the newest drivers.

bomberboysk

Scores were updated again earlier today guys. Thats a pretty impressive score on the 450's w/ sandy bridge 87dtna.

Last edited:

87dtna

Thanks, SB kicks AZZ! lol...and everything was on air too, thats what really flips me out as well. When I saw the score I was like OMG sweet! I'm now in first place on the bot for 2x gt450 score.

jasonn20

Well this is with a updated a DirectX driver. The higher clocks do not really benefit this card so I think my MB is limiting me on the pcie slot somehow...

SslagleZ28

UPDATE:
Bench1302011.jpg

87dtna

Well this is with a updated a DirectX driver. The higher clocks do not really benefit this card so I think my MB is limiting me on the pcie slot somehow...

Thats impossible, it's running at full x16 speed. Even x8 wouldn't bottleneck a 4870 actually.

Have you tried older drivers? For a 4870, IIRC 9.12 drivers are one of the best.

jasonn20

Thats impossible, it's running at full x16 speed. Even x8 wouldn't bottleneck a 4870 actually.

Have you tried older drivers? For a 4870, IIRC 9.12 drivers are one of the best.

I came to the conclusion that is all my 4870 has got. The higher cpu clocks only benefit the gpu upto a point.. then it levels out...

*edit*
Here is a run with my HD5870... http://img831.imageshack.us/img831/1383/3dmark0658702.png

Last edited:

Shane

Super Moderator
Staff member
Update,I7 860 @ 3.82Ghz,HD 6950 @ Stock settings!!!

3DDDDDD.png

I bet if i Oc my 860 to 4Ghz and do the BIOS mod to my 6950 and overclock id hit 24k easy?
Not that im going too though,Not worth it.

Last edited:

87dtna

With your CPU at 4ghz, even overclocking the 6950 without unlocking it you can probably hit 25-26k. Unlock the 6950 to a 6970, assuming it will still overclocking well, 26-27k.

Just the CPU to 4ghz with no other changes and you'll easily be over 24k. CPU overclock makes a huge difference in 06'.

funkysnair

VIP Member
ah dam i just realised my mistake, i forgot to open cpu-z gpu-z and its an old picture lol...

never mind i guess it will just be un official - i got another gtx 460 in sli now anyway.