*Official* Post Your Pictures Thread

Motoxrdude

I have a question for all you photo dudes. How do you get your photos so looking so damn well. Like with your guyses they look like a pro took them, but with mine, it looks like a 15 y.o. kid took them. How do you get it so clear?

computerhakk

VIP Member
[-0MEGA-] said:
nice pictures everyone, i like that sunset computer hackk.
thanks
Motoxrdude said:
I have a question for all you photo dudes. How do you get your photos so looking so damn well. Like with your guyses they look like a pro took them, but with mine, it looks like a 15 y.o. kid took them. How do you get it so clear?

It's very simple. You just a good camera, preferably atleast a 5 megapixel and it has to support a tripod. Then you just need a tripod. Most camera's have a self timer, so just use the self timer. Set it to 3 seconds or whatever it is.

I dont know if this is what you are suppose to do or not but its how I take my pictures. I just let the timer run from like 3 seconds and let it take itself because it will steady itself unattended for that 3 seconds. As opposed to you pressing it, that little pressure you exert to press the shutter button moves that camera ever so slightly that you can tell if its blurry or not depending on the type of speed you are taking the picture at.

m3incorp

Not necessarily true; as quiet a bit of editing is done in-camera. Most serious photographers do at least a little editing to their photos to consider them acceptable; especially those that shoot with DSLRs.

computerhakk said:
like straight from a digital camera:D

if you want to post edited pictures, there is another thread for that already too.

this will showcase the photographers camera skills, not editing skills

computerhakk

VIP Member
m3incorp said:
Not necessarily true; as quiet a bit of editing is done in-camera. Most serious photographers do at least a little editing to their photos to consider them acceptable; especially those that shoot with DSLRs.
Of course! If we are trying to make money off our pictures, then we would need to reduce noise, correct red eyes, etc..

But we're not. It's merely just to showcase photographers and their talents with their camera.

The_Other_One

VIP Member
Damn cheap camera... I wish I had a better one -.- Anyway, all but the last one was taken in London. The only editing I've done is possibly a slight crop and then resized to 640x480

WestminClock.jpg

TrafSquare.jpg

TowerBridge.jpg

Gardens.jpg

MatingPnt.jpg

Bobo

banned
The_Other_One said:
Damn cheap camera... I wish I had a better one -.- Anyway, all but the last one was taken in London. The only editing I've done is possibly a slight crop and then resized to 640x480

WestminClock.jpg
Here is the real big ben:
1013bigben-a.jpg
(No, I didn't take that photo)

I just love that pic, especially how the background reflects in his eye. But how did you get so close with a "crappy" camera?

m3incorp

Again I disagree. It has nothing to do with making money. Many people enjoy the best photo that is possible, and many many times that takes a bit of editing. Even if you crop something out of the photo, that is editing. Now how many people like to leave the red eye in, when it can even be eliminated in camera. Just so you know, not all pictures require that the noise be reduced. I just suggested something that is on the other side of your coin. Expect that on a forum!! All cameras have some limitations. Remember cameras can't exactly duplicate what the human eye sees, so therefore comes the need to sometimes do a little editing. Just saying that most of us do at least a little editing......

computerhakk said:
Of course! If we are trying to make money off our pictures, then we would need to reduce noise, correct red eyes, etc..

But we're not. It's merely just to showcase photographers and their talents with their camera.

computerhakk

VIP Member
m3incorp said:
Again I disagree. It has nothing to do with making money. Many people enjoy the best photo that is possible, and many many times that takes a bit of editing.
Again, your missing the point! The point is to showcase the photographer and their skill with the camera. Not their skill in editing. Thus, this thread is called "Unedited". There is another thread for the editing if you want to use that.

If you want to argue about the validity of the pictures and anything done to it is editing, that's a totally different topic.

m3incorp said:
Even if you crop something out of the photo, that is editing. Now how many people like to leave the red eye in, when it can even be eliminated in camera.
Granted, most people dont know the difference. Anything you do to a picture is editing.

m3incorp said:
Just so you know, not all pictures require that the noise be reduced.
Well, obvious! Just so you know that's the quality of the camera. And I'm sure you know that.

m3incorp said:
I just suggested something that is on the other side of your coin. Expect that on a forum!!
Well, yeah, that's life. There are always people on opposite ends of the table. Your just totally missing the whole point of this thread.

m3incorp said:
All cameras have some limitations. Remember cameras can't exactly duplicate what the human eye sees, so therefore comes the need to sometimes do a little editing. Just saying that most of us do at least a little editing......
Again, your inability to comprehend the thread itself is causing you to flare up all these things.

Like I said, this is to show the photographer and their skill with the camera. Given that they did not reduce red eye prior to the camera, that is their skill and ability. If you wanted pictures that are slightly edited or moderately edited, that's where you start a different thread.

You are just totally missing the point of the thread, but responding to the question only.

m3incorp

All pretty pointless. But hey you did get some pretty pictures posted. I think I even posted a couple. I would suggest subscribing to a photo forum, but don't expect to see many unedited pictures.

computerhakk said:
Again, your missing the point! The point is to showcase the photographer and their skill with the camera. Not their skill in editing. Thus, this thread is called "Unedited". There is another thread for the editing if you want to use that.

If you want to argue about the validity of the pictures and anything done to it is editing, that's a totally different topic.

Granted, most people dont know the difference. Anything you do to a picture is editing.

Well, obvious! Just so you know that's the quality of the camera. And I'm sure you know that.

Well, yeah, that's life. There are always people on opposite ends of the table. Your just totally missing the whole point of this thread.

Again, your inability to comprehend the thread itself is causing you to flare up all these things.

Like I said, this is to show the photographer and their skill with the camera. Given that they did not reduce red eye prior to the camera, that is their skill and ability. If you wanted pictures that are slightly edited or moderately edited, that's where you start a different thread.

You are just totally missing the point of the thread, but responding to the question only.

DCIScouts

VIP Member
Alright, I think we let this discussion go on long enough, just please get back to nature of posting pictures that are taken by a camera and then uploaded here. Thank you.