*Official* Smiles Benchmark Ranking Thread!

MyCattMaxx

Here is my bad boy Dell Optiplex 745.
Intel c2d E6600 @ 2.4Ghz, 4gigs Micron PC2-6400

DellE6600.jpg

Last edited:

Virssagòn

VIP Member
Wow, I see there is a big difference between the seconds now!
1. SmileMan (i7 2600k @ 4.625GHz, 16GB 1649MHz Kingstone hyperX, 3.9102237)
2. Vistakid (i5 2500K @ 4.3Ghz, 16Gb 1648Mhz RipJaws-X, 4.1922319)
3. jonnyp11 (Phenom II 960t x4 to x6 @ 3.8GHz, 8GB 1333MHz, 5.1692042)
4. Ankur (i7 2630QM, 4GB 1333MHz, 6.8573643)
5. voyagerfan99 ( Core2Duo P8600 @ 2.4Ghz, 4GB Hynix RAM, 7.2696128)
6. Jamesbonds1 ( intel core 2 Q6600 @ 2.4GHz, 4GB DDR2, 7.5600106)
7. MyCattMaxx ( Core2duo E6600 @ 2.4Ghz, 4GB 800MHz Micron PC2-6400, 7.6540143)

Virssagòn

VIP Member
the program doesn't seem to scale the best, i locked her back down, and set the overclock the 3.2Ghz with a 3.5 turbo (bios had the option so said why not, keep my idle temps down) and locked vcore to 1.2, and i still got a 5.6 sec score

it scales good, my overclocked i7 2600k does 3.9 seconds, non-overclocked is 4.7 seconds...

spirit

Staff member
We are currently changing it a bit so that it displays system information. New version should hopefully be up tomorrow! :) It won't affect your scores though, so don't download the new benchmarking app and re-run the test if you've already done it.

wolfeking

banned
Untitled-67.png
but I do not trust the scores. The G530 in every other bench I have seen ties with a C2D @ 3GHz, and the 2.4 on the list here shows less time.

wolfeking

banned
c2q is not that great anymore. Not to say I don't want one, in a laptop version, with something like a Quadro FX3700m or the like, but that is not worth it when you can get a i7 for the same price.
But yea. If it is only giving .2 seconds or less with 2 more threads then it is poorly optimized and probably only reading 2 or 3 threads.

spirit

Staff member
Weird. It is near fast as Intel Core 2 qqqquuuaaaadddddd.
Hahaha 'Quuuuaaaddd'. :p Now I've got everybody saying it. :D

c2q is not that great anymore. Not to say I don't want one, in a laptop version, with something like a Quadro FX3700m or the like, but that is not worth it when you can get a i7 for the same price.
But yea. If it is only giving .2 seconds or less with 2 more threads then it is poorly optimized and probably only reading 2 or 3 threads.
The C2Q is still pretty good considering how old it is, but yeah I agree with you. They're still pretty expensive and an i7 would be a much smarter choice.

Yeah it probably doesn't read all the threads, but remember it's made in Visual Basic.NET and compared to something like C# or C++, VB.NET is fairly limited in what you can do, so enabling it to read all threads is tricky, if not impossible. I just ran the benchmark again to see which cores/threads it was reading from, seems like #1 and #2 are the most used, so I'd say it's only reading from 2 cores.

I'll see if I can optimize it but it'd be pretty difficult I think. :/

wolfeking

banned
don't worry about it. It is good for what it is, but as I was saying, it is not the best for comparing at all. 2 threads or more, it still should read processor performance accurately. As I said, mine should tie with a 3Ghz C2D and likewise if only reading 2 threads, a 3GHz C2Q, but it is behind.

spirit

Staff member
don't worry about it. It is good for what it is, but as I was saying, it is not the best for comparing at all. 2 threads or more, it still should read processor performance accurately. As I said, mine should tie with a 3Ghz C2D and likewise if only reading 2 threads, a 3GHz C2Q, but it is behind.

Yeah it's not going to be the best for comparison and yes your Celeron should tie with a C2D @ 3.0GHz.

Interesting to note too how the 64-bit times are way faster than the 32-bit times. Not sure if it's just a glitch or what.

Still trying to get some code together which reads system information such as the OS version (easy to do), amount of RAM installed, CPU name/model/clockspeed (both harder) and possibly GPU (may not be necessary).