Post A Pic Of Your Pc Here :)

Darren

Staff member
This is a picture of my desk. Excuse the mess.

100_1138.jpg

Rosewill Challenger with a Logitech Subwoofer

100_1133.jpg

Inside with my terrible Cable Management skills.

100_1131.jpg

Dinky little HSF on my 955. 4 GB total of RAM on the right.

100_1129.jpg

claptonman

I'm not gonna bother anymore to yell at people for cable management lol.

Now that I have an access to a decent camera, and I tore apart my system so I could use my PSU to test another build, I'll have some pics up later.

Darren

Staff member
Yeah... I need some tips, time, and zipties. And maybe a better case would have helped. Now realizing that more expensive cases have their perks.

claptonman

I have not had first hand experience with the rosewill, but it does have some space behind there. Get it a little better, at least. Not gonna work miracles or anything.

linkin

VIP Member
Cable management is not zipties and tying things down. Cable management is the art of hiding cables in a case that lets you do so, and if using a modular PSU, using the least amount of cable chains possible :D

87dtna

Cable management is not zipties and tying things down. Cable management is the art of hiding cables in a case that lets you do so, and if using a modular PSU, using the least amount of cable chains possible :D

Even in a case with virtually zero cable management possibilities, wrapping things together still gives a MUCH better look. Case it point, here's a super cheap build I did a long time ago-

I3build1.jpg

But a case with a bottom mounted PSU typically offers SOME cable managament, and the case he has does.

Last edited:

CrazyMike

Pretty soon i get to go shopping :) (ie boxing day sales).

First is going to be a GTX 580 card, hopefully two. Then will be Asus Maximus IV motherboard with a 2600K processor (memory of coarse). Not too sure if i should risk (bang for the buck) on the new intel processors E series.

Geek0716

banned
i have a couple pc's. I have a ?. whould it be a upgrade to put a intel i3 2.23ghz. processor in my Dell optiplex gx260?

87dtna

i have a couple pc's. I have a ?. whould it be a upgrade to put a intel i3 2.23ghz. processor in my Dell optiplex gx260?

Not the correct section to ask a question, but nevertheless....

It would be if you could do it, but you can't. The I3's have different pin count and use a different socket.
Plus, you have a desktop PC and sounds like you are asking about a mobile I3 cpu. The lowest clocked desktop I3 is 2.93ghz.

M1kkelZR

x6k32s.jpg

this is the Salvage build at about 25% the motherboard still needs to arrive so thats why the case is just filled with: PSU and the hdds, the ram and extra crap is in the bottom waiting for the motherboard