Post Your Desktop "Background screenshot"

ScOuT

VIP Member
That really isn't so bad...it loads quick and is a decent size when it opens.

What do you think about just making a standard size of pictures? Say maybe It sounds easy but what if the people don't follow the rule? That would be a pain to mod:(

Hey man...what do you think about the size I posted on page 830? It is photobucket size 800 x 500, I think it about the perfect size for pictures here. Not to big but large enough to see some detail and really tell what it is.

Last edited:

tlarkin

VIP Member
That really isn't so bad...it loads quick and is a decent size when it opens.

What do you think about just making a standard size of pictures? Say maybe It sounds easy but what if the people don't follow the rule? That would be a pain to mod:(

Adding one line to the actual URL of the pic seems like the easiest way, and mods could modify the php code. Instead of trying to force everyone to use the same size.

Also, you can share high res pics that way as well. So if you want a copy of my desktop you can have a high res copy.

Glliw

braje

Shane

Super Moderator
Staff member
Close. It would be build 7600.

I would think posting screenshots of pirated software would be against the rules, as that build is not Beta software. Who knows.

Ha,got them the wrong way round :p

But yeah...that build is not RC its the real thing.....

Why would it be against the forum rules?Hes only poting a screenshot.

Not like hes posting download links or anything.

for all you know,most of the screenshots in the gaming screenshots thread are from pirated games lol.

speedyink

VIP Member
Yes build 7600, the final RTM copy. I'm planning on buying it, I'm not using any activation cracks, i don't see how this is against the rules. I have 90 days of evaluation time until I get my key.

bomberboysk

Kind of fits that don't you think?
Screenshots dont really matter...its not like if you look back there are screenshots of windows 7 before the beta was even out, but im not an admin/mod so dont quote me on it. Plus people are not actually discussing it(well, until now:p)

Last edited:

ilya124

Yes build 7600, the final RTM copy. I'm planning on buying it, I'm not using any activation cracks, i don't see how this is against the rules. I have 90 days of evaluation time until I get my key.

If im a technet member, and i will be able to download the RTM, will it be free, or is it just a 90 day trial and then i have to buy a key?

tlarkin

VIP Member
Am I discussing it in any way? I don't think so.

If you are under NDA for testing you are not legally allowed to post any screen shots or discuss any features or add ons. I am on both Microsoft's and Apple's beta testing programs and I signed NDAs to not discuss them.

All I can really say is, yes I am using it, but I am under NDA.

Microsoft, once they go with RC public betas generally you are probably OK. However, I am not a lawyer, nor do I read all the fine print in an NDA. Also, sometimes agreeing to the EULA, implies agreement to the NDA.

bomberboysk

If you are under NDA for testing you are not legally allowed to post any screen shots or discuss any features or add ons. I am on both Microsoft's and Apple's beta testing programs and I signed NDAs to not discuss them.

All I can really say is, yes I am using it, but I am under NDA.

Microsoft, once they go with RC public betas generally you are probably OK. However, I am not a lawyer, nor do I read all the fine print in an NDA. Also, sometimes agreeing to the EULA, implies agreement to the NDA.
Just a question, for those is that like technet where you pay for it, or is there somewhere you can sign up?

tlarkin

VIP Member
Just a question, for those is that like technet where you pay for it, or is there somewhere you can sign up?

Apple is because of my large deployment, google search "Apple Seed program" and I am sure you can find an application. Or you can pay apple, like $60 or something to get their developer connection which allows you to get early builds of software so you can use it to develop your new products for it.

Microsoft is via my MSDN subscription, which is an enterprise thing. MS has all sorts of developer connections though, so I am not sure how to apply.

I got access to both because both companies asked me to participate. I also test out all the software for JAMF in beta, and I was a regular beta tester for a few video game companies back in the day.

bomberboysk

Apple is because of my large deployment, google search "Apple Seed program" and I am sure you can find an application. Or you can pay apple, like $60 or something to get their developer connection which allows you to get early builds of software so you can use it to develop your new products for it.

Microsoft is via my MSDN subscription, which is an enterprise thing. MS has all sorts of developer connections though, so I am not sure how to apply.

I got access to both because both companies asked me to participate. I also test out all the software for JAMF in beta, and I was a regular beta tester for a few video game companies back in the day.
Ah, nice. Ive seen the apple seed program, but thats been closed for ages and you need an invite=/