Post your SuperPi Score!

Status
Not open for further replies.

bomberboysk

do you have another thermometer? because i wouldn't go by what the computer says, -15 is probably all that system can display. you need a thermometer with a k-type probe or something

Yeah, and he may want some arctic silver thermal epoxy in order to epoxy the probe in. If there isnt already a hole in the pot for a thermal probe, you'll need to drill one with a 1/8" or so drill bit.

How well insulated was the pot/board?

El Gappo

Yeah you need one of these man http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=330410021634&ssPageName=STRK:MEWNX:IT That will do you up to -200 and I don't think you will find a cheaper one. Got to remember on die temp monitors are designed to work from 30C-100C not low or negative temps where they become very sporadic or just stop working.

Nice results tho man. The giga should be good for 250-260 bclk, try a lower multi and see what happens or maybe look into hard modding it.

Got my new pot today btw ;)

87dtna

I'm not in the UK ;) LOL

You gonna beat me up now with your new pot? :p I'm actually working on a deal for an I5 670, so watch out!

I did try 22 multi I said, still wouldn't go past 246 bclk...I tried lower ram and QPI settings to make sure it wasn't holding me back. I increased the PCH and VTT, all that, no help. The UD4P will also only let me go to 1.70 Vcore with the I3, not sure why because with the I7 860 it would go over 2v if I wanted to. Must be because of 32nm. But that wouldn't matter because I lowered the multi, so it's definitely a wall. But as mentioned, it could have just been a bclk hole.

Last edited:

bomberboysk

I'm not in the UK ;) LOL

You gonna beat me up now with your new pot? :p I'm actually working on a deal for an I5 670, so watch out!

I did try 22 multi I said, still wouldn't go past 246 bclk...I tried lower ram and QPI settings to make sure it wasn't holding me back. I increased the PCH and VTT, all that, no help. The UD4P will also only let me go to 1.70 Vcore with the I3, not sure why because with the I7 860 it would go over 2v if I wanted to. Must be because of 32nm. But that wouldn't matter because I lowered the multi, so it's definitely a wall. But as mentioned, it could have just been a bclk hole.

These are both cheapies, but should be fine for your needs:
http://cgi.ebay.com/Digital-Infrare...ultDomain_0?hash=item35a8207663#ht_4566wt_939
http://cgi.ebay.com/K-or-J-Type-The...ltDomain_0?hash=item4cee02dd27#ht_10347wt_939

El Gappo

That seller is worldwide, same as the second one bomber posted. Steer clear of the infrared they are naf!

Thinking about sorting myself out with a little intel setup atm so you better watch out LOL! Only an old commando setup but should be fun :good:

Got a tad further with a different ram kit
signature.img

Need a new board a a dewar for any more gains on that one. OH and that's in vista lol. I really should do it in xp but my installs always die! pisses me off.

Is [-0MEGA-] still about?

Last edited:

bomberboysk

That seller is worldwide, same as the second one bomber posted. Steer clear of the infrared they are naf!

Thinking about sorting myself out with a little intel setup atm so you better watch out LOL! Only an old commando setup but should be fun :good:

signature.img

Need a new board a a dewar for any more gains on that one. OH and that's in vista lol. I really should do it in xp but my installs always die! pisses me off.

Is [-0MEGA-] still about?

NAF? I'm not sure i would trust one of those ebays for their infrared, for infrared i like my fluke. For K-type though, the ebay stuff is good enough for what we do.

87dtna

naf? You englanders... :p

OK so not the infrared, so the second one linked to is OK?

Ahh, so what intel chip are you going with? The I5 670 is the highest clocking intel chip there is right now, but if you are running LN2 you may be able to surpass me with a lesser chip.

bomberboysk

naf? You englanders... :p

OK so not the infrared, so the second one linked to is OK?

Ahh, so what intel chip are you going with? The I5 670 is the highest clocking intel chip there is right now, but if you are running LN2 you may be able to surpass me with a lesser chip.

Yeah, i wouldnt recommend trusting the infrared bit(but its got a K-type as well which is what you want for dice).

El Gappo

Naf is just rubbish.... just rubbish lol I'm sure the fluke one is brilliant, all their stuff is but it's not really ideal for this application ( would be cool checking NB and vrm temps like pew pew pew tho :p ). Yeah I'm using one of those very same K/J type ones atm mounted on my cpu ihs. About to post a thread hang on.

I'm planning on working my way through a bunch of dual cores on the commando and a few celerons once I get some ln2 on the go. Right faf getting a hold of it here =o/

(faf=pain in the bum. Will have you speaking proper English in no time lol)

bomberboysk

Naf is just rubbish.... just rubbish lol I'm sure the fluke one is brilliant, all their stuff is but it's not really ideal for this application ( would be cool checking NB and vrm temps like pew pew pew tho :p ). Yeah I'm using one of those very same K/J type ones atm mounted on my cpu ihs. About to post a thread hang on.

I'm planning on working my way through a bunch of dual cores on the commando and a few celerons once I get some ln2 on the go. Right faf getting a hold of it here =o/

(faf=pain in the bum. Will have you speaking proper English in no time lol)

Thats gotta suck, ln2 isnt that hard to get around here, but its ~$1/liter and i'd need to buy a dewar(dice is alot cheaper to run with haha...speaking of dice i need to get a pot).

El Gappo

255phasepic.jpg

Working like a charm, very very sensitive.

Here is the 4.4kg nickle plated copper beast
dsci0185l.jpg

dsci0182b.jpg

It's really heavy so just in case I can't top 87's times I can just throw it at him :p

Just posted some athlon II benching fun http://www.computerforum.com/173177-el-gappo-testing-athlon-ii-255-x2-overclocking.html Strange thing about the cpu was it was made in the 27th week of 09 wayyy before the 255 was even announced :confused: They either got released early in Taiwan or it's an es I don't know.

Last edited:

Ryeong

Thinking about sorting myself out with a little intel setup atm so you better watch out LOL! Only an old commando setup but should be fun

How can you get such a low result with 5Ghz!

El Gappo

1.Reply to Quote before i re-edited the Quote fail!

2. Why? Is AMD worse or is it only the software that causes it?

I'm not sure if it's down to the compiler used or if fp calculation is amd's weak point ( well yeah it's a lot of that ) other benchmarks like wprime aren't quite as biased but again AMD lose on thread count half the time. Geekbench is a good one.

Status
Not open for further replies.