PS4 or Xbox One?

• PS4

Votes: 25 64.1%
  • Xbox One

Votes: 14 35.9%

• Total voters

Troncoso

VIP Member
While I agree, I also disagree. As far as streaming goes, yes it's more convenient since your console is already hooked to the TV and you don't have to switch inputs. But, for anything else (skype, web browsing, social media, etc) I don't find it beneficial at all to do it through a console where the primary user input is a game controller. As well, I don't want people calling me or leaving me notifications that I see during my games.

G80FTW

As far as having to pay for Xbox Live Gold to use even the most trivial of apps (like Netflix), you can easily find Gold for $35/year, which is $3/month -- practically nothing. Just give up a Starbucks coffee for one day a month and you'll have that money.

Wheres that? Because I was paying $60 a year.

Geoff

VIP Member
Xbox Live Gold is always discounted, whether on eBay or a deals website. There's absolutely no reason to pay $60/year for it.
True. You can find it on Amazon for ~$50-$55 regular price, with lots of sales on both Amazon and retail stores usually for around $40.

Hyper_Kagome

I was lucky enough to get gifted a One from work. I haven't played a whole lot of it (yet), but I did pick up Dead Rising 3 since I felt like smashing zombies. The Kinect integration into the game itself in terms of picking up ambient noise and thrusting it into the game is a neat feature. Outside of game it's pretty useful for things like Skype, where it pans around to follow the user and occasional zooms in and out. Voice commands are easy to spout off as well.
I'm just hoping some of these games that Microsoft is going to release to the platform as exclusives are going to be as good as they look. If it's one thing the previous consoles lacked, it was exclusives. Sony has TONS of exclusives. I'm sad to see some of theirs go multi-platform (which I'll likely buy a PS4 for those specific games for ease of controller integration and comfort of the home platform), but I'm happy to see some fresh and healthy competition between the companies.
I can see great things coming from both.

The new Xbox One controller also feels nice. The integration of the batteries being moved into the controller as opposed to a bulked pack on the back reduced the weight a bit (even though I loved the weight of my Xbox 360 controller with a chatpad hooked to it, and dearly hope one is released for the One), and I have yet to really try out the trigger vibration seeing as I do not own a game which supports the function just yet.

The Dashboard has a small learning curve (I still can't figure out how to pin things to the home screen that I access frequently), but overall I find it to be fairly easy to navigate. Though certain parts I had to voice command my way to (like settings) since I couldn't find a CLICK HERE FOR SETTINGS tab...

G80FTW

Still waiting on these games that are supposed to have better graphics. BF4 did not impress me the slightest. Looks the same as BF3 to me. (for PC)

Troncoso

VIP Member
Still waiting on these games that are supposed to have better graphics. BF4 did not impress me the slightest. Looks the same as BF3 to me. (for PC)

I'm not sure what you're expecting from PC...developers always have the latest hardware to work with, so you don't see large advances. There's a 7 year gap between PS3 and PS4, and the PS4 version definitely looks a lot better.

G80FTW

I'm not sure what you're expecting from PC...developers always have the latest hardware to work with, so you don't see large advances. There's a 7 year gap between PS3 and PS4, and the PS4 version definitely looks a lot better.

Thats what Im talking about. We have the latest hardware on PC, now we have the latest hardware on consoles as well. So how come they arent using it? :mad:

lucasbytegenius

Thats what Im talking about. We have the latest hardware on PC, now we have the latest hardware on consoles as well. So how come they arent using it? :mad:

For one thing, you're obviously not keeping up with the news very well with PC games, and for another, those new consoles just came out - give the developers time.

For PC, well, Crysis 3 came out a couple months ago I think, then there's the Metro series, Tomb Raider, Bioshock Infinite, Sleeping Dogs and Star Citizen, which is currently in development but damn the hangar module looks pretty sweet:
starcitizen2013-08-29szait.png

G80FTW

For one thing, you're obviously not keeping up with the news very well with PC games, and for another, those new consoles just came out - give the developers time.

For PC, well, Crysis 3 came out a couple months ago I think, then there's the Metro series, Tomb Raider, Bioshock Infinite, Sleeping Dogs and Star Citizen, which is currently in development but damn the hangar module looks pretty sweet:

Crysis 3 came out nearly a year ago already. And nothing has come out since then that looks any better. And I was kinda disappointed with it to be honest. Tomb Raider did look amazing. Metro 2033 was amazing when it came out but now its just meh since Crysis 3.

Sleeping Dogs looked horrible dont even know why you listed that. It was a fun game though.

And the developers have had years to work with this kind of hardware, but chose not to. Just because the new consoles just came out thats no excuse as to why developers havent been making games designed for PC.

PCunicorn

BF4 just came out, that's stressing most people's PCs pretty well. Sucks it's so glitchy (from what I hear at least) .

BF4 just came out, that's stressing most people's PCs pretty well. Sucks it's so glitchy (from what I hear at least) .

It has been running fine more me since it got patched on ps4.

The graphics will get better. I just like the accessibility. Someone can stop over and we take turns playing rounds. This is a little simpler with a console. If graphics were everything I would have passed but most people I know are console gamers. I am not having them over to teach them keyboard and mouse controls.

G80FTW

Its not even stressing my PC at all. In fact, it probably runs a little better than BF3 did with the same graphics.

But what Im really on about is all these tech demos about. Like BeamNG Drive, Rigs of Rods, SpinTires etc....all these tech demos show us what is POSSIBLE with current hardware and my question is why are developers not implementing these kind of things into games?

EA bragged about the destructible environment in BF4....well, its not anymore destructible than the one in BF3...which isnt anymore destructible than the environment in GTA5. Its just silly that they refuse to make use of the hardware available. I feel like my graphics card has enough time to take a nap while it plays these games they are so lacking.

Last edited:

Troncoso

VIP Member
Its not even stressing my PC at all. In fact, it probably runs a little better than BF3 did with the same graphics.

But what Im really on about is all these tech demos about. Like BeamNG Drive, Rigs of Rods, SpinTires etc....all these tech demos show us what is POSSIBLE with current hardware and my question is why are developers not implementing these kind of things into games?

EA bragged about the destructible environment in BF4....well, its not anymore destructible than the one in BF3...which isnt anymore destructible than the environment in GTA5. Its just silly that they refuse to make use of the hardware available. I feel like my graphics card has enough time to take a nap while it plays these games they are so lacking.

There aren't destructible environments in GTA5....Anyway. These tech demos don't represent what is possible in games, only what is possible of hardware these days. That's two completely different things.

G80FTW

There aren't destructible environments in GTA5....Anyway. These tech demos don't represent what is possible in games, only what is possible of hardware these days. That's two completely different things.

Actually GTA5 does have destructible objects in the game, alot actually. I used it as a comparison because BF3 nor BF4 offer a REAL destructible environment as they claim. Everything is scripted.

And why do tech demos not represent what is possible in games? Thats almost EXACTLY what a tech demo is for....:confused: