remote ftp server

brian

VIP Member
You have to register that domain, dynamic DNS allows for domain names to have dynamic IP addresses. So, when the IP changes, the domain name will point to the new IP. You, I am guessing, have not registered that as a domain, so you will need to use your external IP address. DynDNS will track if your IP changes and let you know. You can set it up so you can log into account.dyndns.org and that will redirect you to your IP.

[-0MEGA-];833653 said:
Isn't that what I said to begin with on the first page?

In order to access your server remotely via a domain name such as that, you need to register it, which costs money.

nope, it is free, what they do is just route it to your ip. It is free servace but you need to have the *.domain.net

tlarkin

VIP Member
nope, it is free, what they do is just route it to your ip. It is free servace but you need to have the *.domain.net

hence what I posted earlier

myaccount.dyndns.org

It doesn't just let you pick any old domain name for free and have it go through.

Geoff

VIP Member
Well there are several free services that let you access your web/ftp server such as you listed above, however if you want to access it from say www.brianmay.com, you would need to pay for it.

brian

VIP Member
o yeah, but i mean who needs that unless you want a business. but for like just remembering it is great

Jabes

banned
So, jabes.... ..... you got your FTP working??

sure is I just dmz hosted the linksys from the and then forwarded to my server (my vista pc) and now its workin (I'm runin a program I got called serv-u) but I just am working on the dyndns thing now