Seeking fantastic gaming PC

illvizion

God, I am so tired. I'm off to sleep. Please post anything, or leave a message on aim (my name is illvizion) Ku-sama i'd love it if you posted some options I have on building the pc on my budget and anything like that. Thanks again, and any input is appreaicated. Again my aim is illvizion... uh, peace out all, ill check this out tommorow morning.

34erd

4K? duuuuude!!!!!! you could get a 4800+ and two 7800GTX's in SLI! You might even want to look into liquid cooling since youve got the money.

My rig below was $1800, I'm just starting to build it.

illvizion

Blue said:
Usually you post and leave it alone for a bit :p. People do eventualy post somthing sooner or later. Thing is most people who come here build thier own or are learning to do so. Since you have 4K and really want to purchase a top notch system then here is a couple of links to Top Notch builders.

http://www.voodoopc.com/default.aspx

http://www.alienware.com/

other places such as http://www.ibuypower.com/mall/lobby.htm. Google will land you many.
Thanks, but I didn't really like anything I saw, or maybe I just didnt look enough. Are there any places where you tell them what you want and they build and set it up for you?

BTW my plan is with all the money I collect on my birthday I will get my relative to put up the same much as I do to buy one. I have like 1.5 k right now and plan on getting around 1k.

MatrixEVO

You should wait and get the new ATI series video cards. Put those into Crossfire and you would have a sweet rig.

Ku-sama

banned
this is the system thus far:

AMD Athlon 64 FX57 San Diego 1GHz FSB Socket 939

OCZ Gold Edition 2GB (2 x 1GB) 184-Pin DDR SDRAM DDR 500 (PC 4000) Unbuffered Dual Channel Kit

2 in SLI eVGA 256-P2-N529-AX Geforce 7800GTX 256MB GDDR3 PCI Express x16

Update Maxtor DiamondMax 10 6B250S0 250GB 7200 RPM Serial ATA150 Hard Drive

LITE-ON IDE 16x DVD Burner

Thermaltake Tsunami VA3000BWA Black Aluminum ATX Mid Tower Computer Case

Abit Fata1ity mobo

ill post the rest eventully, such as monitor, keyboard, mouse, and speakers

illvizion

Processor: Intel® Pentium® 4 Processor 551 w/ HT Technology 3.4GHz 800MHz FSB 1MB
Operating System: Microsoft® Windows® XP Home Edition with Service Pack 2
Warranty: 90-Day AlienCare Toll-Free 24/7 Phone Support
Power Supply: Alienware® 480 Watt Power Supply
Chassis: Alienware® Mid-Tower Chassis - Black
Motherboard: Alienware® PCI Express Motherboard with Intel® 915 Chipset
Graphics Processor: 128MB PCI-Express x16 ATI RADEON™ X700 Pro
Memory: 1GB Dual Channel Low-Latency DDR PC-3200 at 400MHz - 2 x 512MB
System Drive: High Performance - Serial ATA - 400GB Serial ATA 7,200 RPM w/8MB Cache
Primary CD ROM/DVD ROM: 16x DVD-ROM Drive with Software DVD Decoder
Secondary CD ROM/DVD ROM: 52x32x52x CD-RW Drive
Sound Card: Creative Sound Blaster® Audigy® 2 ZS High Definition 7.1 Surround Firewire (IEEE® 1394)
Network Connection: Integrated High Performance Gigabit Ethernet
AlienRespawn: Alienware® Respawn Recovery Kit
Monitor: 19" 12ms LCD Display - Black
Keyboard: Microsoft® Basic Keyboard Black
Mouse: Microsoft® Basic Optical Mouse Black
Speakers: Klipsch ProMedia™ 2.1 200-Watt THX® Speakers
Alienware Exclusive Offers: Gamespot Complete - Free 90-day Trial (a $20.85 value)
Games: Warcraft III Battle Chest
Desktop Enhancements: Exclusive AlienGUIse Theme Manager
AlienInspection: AlienInspection - Exclusive Integration and Inspection - $99.99 Value - FREE!
Alienware Mouse Pad: Alienware® Mousepad

Is this any good? Will it be able to handle games like sims 2, half life 2, fear, and wow laglessly? BTW the cost is 2.2k

tweaker

VIP Member
illvizion said:
Is this any good? Will it be able to handle games like sims 2, half life 2, fear, and wow laglessly? BTW the cost is 2.2k

Sure it will run the games, but for $2200 you can do alot better, especially on the video side. Do a custom build and save loads of money, it's easy.

P

pcguy2006

New gaming system

Hey, I'm looking at a MX-57 or a MX-48 on this site:

www.multilinkcomputers.com

Do you guys think that these systems will run too hot? Is 350W PSU enough?

Also which should I go for - the dual core or the FX-57?

illvizion

tweaker said:
Sure it will run the games, but for $2200 you can do alot better, especially on the video side. Do a custom build and save loads of money, it's easy.
Please be more specific. If I can do better, what can I do better with? Where can I do a custom build?

illvizion

Alright, i've thought it over... My new budget is 3,000 dollars (including monitor, mouse, speakers, ect.). I want a computer, that I dont have to build. I want a computer that is able to handle several games without lag. To be able to play games like Fear, Sims 2, Battlefield 2, WoW (Is there a PC even capable to play in IronForge without exploding?) without any latency. Where would I order it?

Please, any help would make me a happy person.

X24

wow.....just wow.......build it yourself, seriously, you'll save tons and it is possible to get exactly what you want easy. not to mention the major preformance gained.