Seeking fantastic gaming PC

Praetor

Administrator
Staff member
Haha, you can get the ultimate set up with best parts out now for like $2,000.
Highly doubtful ... taking a quick stroll
- PSU ... PC P&C 850SSI ... 450USD
- Video ... Dual eVGA 7800GTX KOs ... 2x580USD
- CPU ... lets choose the cheaper of X2-4800 and FX57 ... 1000USD
Well seems like we've breached $2000 and we dont even have a motherboad yet :)

Praetor

Administrator
Staff member
Oh cmon, stop picking on em Praetor.
If you mean, "stop being technically correct and noticing outright fallacies" ... no :p ... you and I both know that post#57 was "out there" and it simply wasnt possible :)

illvizion

Alright, Praetor seems like he knows what he is talking about. I'll do it. Thanks alot guys... I'll post again if I need anymore help.

illvizion

Praetor said:
Why do I need two 7800GTX KO Edition cards if they aren't SLI? Or am I getting something wrong? And does this come with a case? And what all else do I need to buy to play right away? (Example : Mouse, Keyboard, Speakers (Yeah, I want/need them).

Mr.Suave

pbsk8er03 said:
Speakers: Logitech Z-5500 for insane 5.1 THX certified surround

Mouse: Razer Copperhead, best mouse on the market at the moment. (search it on www.google.com)
You really don't need a surround sound system for gaming. Its expensive and I assume this comp is going to be in your room so theres no need for surround sound for a small room. Its better to have a headset. You don't bother any one (if u decide to up the volume) and u can hear little things which makes the game experience better and its great to have a mic to be able to talk to other people instead of typing all the time. I recommend getting this http://www.plantronics.com/gaming/en_US/index.html?WT.mc_t=Gaming&WT.mc_n=nam&_requestid=57760

Also the razer copperhead isnt the best gaming mouse out there: review#1 review #2
It's tied with the Logitech G5. Then there is the wireless G7 which is a great wireless mouse for gaming. Logitech fixed a lot of the wireless problems like having two Li-lon batteries that while you play with one you can charge the other and batteries can last up to 12 hours. Here is a review on the G7.I would get it but just dont have the money :( I recommend getting it since you have the money.
But its all up to you and what you want.

Blue

<b>VIP Member</b>
You really don't need a surround sound system for gaming. Its expensive and I assume this comp is going to be in your room so theres no need for surround sound for a small room. Its better to have a headset. You don't bother any one (if u decide to up the volume) and u can hear little things which makes the game experience better and its great to have a mic to be able to talk to other people instead of typing all the time. I recommend getting this http://www.plantronics.com/gaming/e...requestid=57760

Thing is as with movies 5.1 surround sound and higher takes the experience to a whole new level. I highly recommend that if the budget is there then get a decent set of 5.1 surround sound speakers.

illvizion

I dont want the best mouse or speakers and thanks for the headset idea, ill do that.

I just want a cord lazer mouse... And any keyboard is fine

X24

Well, what about logitec's new smart mouse? that thing seems awesome.....
also preator, that is Geil One series not mushkin.
also, i do believe those aren't KO's they are just OC'd GTX's.....then again KO's are OC'ed GTX's so ya, no problem there really.

illvizion

X24 said:
Well, what about logitec's new smart mouse? that thing seems awesome.....
also, i do believe those aren't KO's they are just OC'd GTX's.....then again KO's are OC'ed GTX's so ya, no problem there really.
What? Is this where I do SLI with the two KOS? and is the motherboard I guess SLI compatible?

illvizion

Oh, and I was reading reviews on the motherboard and it said that its not for newbies... Now i'm getting my friend to build it, but after that, can a totally clueless person like me handle it?

X24

No, SLI is just putting the two video cards in thier proper slots and then putting this little connector that is included with the mobo on both of the video cards, then simply hooking up the correct power supply thingy to it and you are done.

Praetor

Administrator
Staff member
Why do I need two 7800GTX KO Edition cards if they aren't SLI?
I never said they arent SLI (they are btw)

And does this come with a case?
No. I rarely spec cases because i usually end up saying somehtig like "who the hell cares about the bling bling case" or something about "its what's inside that counts not the pretty lights or window"

And what all else do I need to buy to play right away? (Example : Mouse, Keyboard, Speakers (Yeah, I want/need them).
You'll need input devices and a display. I rarely spec displays too (for roughly the same reasons) but as for input devices, a simple keyboard and baseline mouse (although i am reluctant to call the MX518 a baseline mouse lol) will suffice. As for speakers, I personally have the Z5500s and enjoy them immensely.

It's tied with the Logitech G5. Then there is the wireless G7 which is a great wireless mouse for gaming. Logitech fixed a lot of the wireless problems like having two Li-lon batteries that while you play with one you can charge the other and batteries can last up to 12 hours
12hr battery and thats a fix?? The MX1000 lasts 72-96hrs nonstop heavy useage

Yah whatever ... a typo here and there :p

Not that im challenging .. but do you have any links that say so? AFAIK, the KO editions are the ones using ACS³ and the "normal" use a reference-like cooler

What? Is this where I do SLI with the two KOS? and is the motherboard I guess SLI compatible?
Well the name of the mobo has "SLI" in it :p (yes it is)

SLI is pretty overrated since I just recently tested an SLI machine, and it only increased the framerate by 15FPS in BF2, and since the cost of another 7800GTX (to match the one that was in the system) is pretty steap I wouldn't consider SLI a good investment.

Praetor

Administrator
Staff member
SLI is pretty overrated since I just recently tested an SLI machine, and it only increased the framerate by 15FPS in BF2, and since the cost of another 7800GTX (to match the one that was in the system) is pretty steap I wouldn't consider SLI a good investment.
Agreed :) (however, if you are looking to play FEAR @ 2048@1536 4x 16x ... thats a whole different ballgame :p) and considering the original budget and what i ended up making ... :)

Praetor said:
Agreed :) (however, if you are looking to play FEAR @ 2048@1536 4x 16x ... thats a whole different ballgame :p) and considering the original budget and what i ended up making ... :)

sorry, I totaly didn't read the thread. at other forums, people try too suggest that 2x6600s is better than a 6800GT or a 7800, which is not only wrong but ludacris, just don't want anyone here to make that mistake.