Seeking fantastic gaming PC

MatrixEVO

Would you want a case with an acrylic window or not? Cause I love my ASUS Vento 3600 case but it doesn't have a window.

MatrixEVO

Here is what I suggest.

-Asus Vento 3600 Case with LCD Temp Display and FAN controller (choose a different case if you want)
-535 Watt PSU SLI ready
-GigaByte GA-K8N-SLI Motherboard
-AMD Athlon 64 4000+ socket 939 CPU w/ CoolerMaster Liquid CPU cooling
-Corsair 2GB XMS High Performance DDR400 RAM w/heatspreaders in DC mode
-2 GeForce 7800GT Video Cards in SLI Mode
-250GB SATA150 7200 RPM HDD
-Creative Labs SB Audigy-2 ZS 7.1 Sound Card
-Dual Layer DVD-RW Drive and a DVD-ROM Drive (and a 1.44MB Floppy)
-6 in 1 Internal Card Reader
-Logitech Elite USB Keyboard and Mouse
-Logitech X-530 5.1 Speakers
-Professional Wiring and Round Cables
-Windows XP Professional x64 Edition and Microsoft Works 7.0

-NOTE: No Monitor (I suggest getting that separatley from another website, you would have $600 left to get one :D )

MatrixEVO

Oh, and that configuration I just posted comes with a 3-Year Limited Warranty Plus Life-Time Technical Support. And that config cost about $2400, and since your budget is $3k, you would have money left for a monitor, software, anything else you can think of really.

Last edited:

Praetor

Administrator
Staff member
I need a computer that is able to handle several top notch games on their top notch performance flawlessly
example : play WoW with all the graphic options at the highest with NO LAG AT ALL, NONE
1 .Unless you're dealing with excessively underpowered configs, lag has nothing to do with the hardware involved but rather the internet connection.
2. WoW is nothing close to being anything remotely close to being a top notch game from a system requirements perspective

Well for everything including monitor and all the goods, i'd say 4k is a reasonable price.
$4 is an excessive amount of money ....

Dont bump threads after 13 minutes

4k thats awesome man, i would definately look at alienware. jeez 4k u could go sli with that...
Even though you can build better for that price

Again, dont bump threads after 5 minutes

*Goes into WoW form* /me lets out a deep yawn... /train
This had better be the last one i see....

I cant build a computer.
1. Correction: you've not tried
2. You can get a small computer store to build it for you and get a better system for your money

Usually you post and leave it alone for a bit . People do eventualy post somthing sooner or later. Thing is most people who come here build thier own or are learning to do so.
Ya cuz otherwise you annoy admins...

4K? duuuuude!!!!!! you could get a 4800+ and two 7800GTX's in SLI! You might even want to look into liquid cooling since youve got the money.
Yer gonna want a bit more than a cpu and two videocards .... when you start crunching out a system to match those parts you'll find the money does go away pretty quick (not to say $4 is excessive to start with tho)

Thanks, but I didn't really like anything I saw, or maybe I just didnt look enough
Either you didnt look enough or you're more concerned with bling-bling systems than performance systems

Are there any places where you tell them what you want and they build and set it up for you?
Pretty much any non-major computer store

You should wait and get the new ATI series video cards. Put those into Crossfire and you would have a sweet rig.
At that rate you might wait until NVidia comes out with their new careds ... or ATi to come out with their next gen cards.. or nvdia to...

NForce4 paired with a FX57?! Thats plain stupid.

Yes 8/10 seems godly.
Possibly, if you have either low standards or grow money on trees

they rate tough, out of all the gaming pc's it has the highest rating
CNet?? Hardcore? This is news :rolleyes:

Sure it will run the games, but for $2200 you can do alot better, especially on the video side. Do a custom build and save loads of money, it's easy.
I dont think it'll run FEAR 1600x1200 4x 8x .... ok maybe 10fps?

I don't know how to build a computer.
As i said earlier
2. You can get a small computer store to build it for you and get a better system for your money
So you dont have to

Consider this:
- AMD Athlon64 X2 4400 [ADA4400DAA6CD, 525USD]
- DFI LanParty NF4SLI-DR [165USD]
- eVGA 7800GTX KO Edition [490/650, 580USD]
- Mushkin Redline PC4000 2x512 [2-2-2-6, 185USD] or Mushkin ONE Series 2x512 [1.5-2-2-5, 220USD]
- Maxtor DiamondMax10 250GB [16MB, NCQ, 95USD]
- NEC 3540A [40USD]
- SilverStone Zeus ST65ZF [12V@42A, 160USD]
- Arctic Cooling Freezer64 [30USD]
Subtotal = 2455-2500USD

And thats just a starter setup....

illvizion

Praetor said:
1 .Unless you're dealing with excessively underpowered configs, lag has nothing to do with the hardware involved but rather the internet connection.
2. WoW is nothing close to being anything remotely close to being a top notch game from a system requirements perspective

$4 is an excessive amount of money ....

Dont bump threads after 13 minutes

Even though you can build better for that price

Again, dont bump threads after 5 minutes

This had better be the last one i see....

Ya cuz otherwise you annoy admins...

Yer gonna want a bit more than a cpu and two videocards .... when you start crunching out a system to match those parts you'll find the money does go away pretty quick (not to say $4 is excessive to start with tho)

Either you didnt look enough or you're more concerned with bling-bling systems than performance systems

Pretty much any non-major computer store

At that rate you might wait until NVidia comes out with their new careds ... or ATi to come out with their next gen cards.. or nvdia to...

NForce4 paired with a FX57?! Thats plain stupid.

Possibly, if you have either low standards or grow money on trees

CNet?? Hardcore? This is news :rolleyes:

I dont think it'll run FEAR 1600x1200 4x 8x .... ok maybe 10fps?

As i said earlier
So you dont have to

Consider this:
- AMD Athlon64 X2 4400 [ADA4400DAA6CD, 525USD]
- DFI LanParty NF4SLI-DR [165USD]
- Mushkin Redline PC4000 2x512 [2-2-2-6, 185USD] or Mushkin ONE Series 2x512 [1.5-2-2-5, 220USD]
- NEC 3540A [40USD]
- SilverStone Zeus ST65ZF [12V@42A, 160USD]
- Arctic Cooling Freezer64 [30USD]
Subtotal = 2455-2500USD

And thats just a starter setup....

Thanks for all you're help. I'll check the set up that you mentioned...

illvizion

I want a nvidia geforce video card, whats the best SLI one? And if you get the sli one, do you need two video cards?

pbsk8er03

Alien ware sucks and are $1000 over priced. Custom building is VERY easy so don't be scared it will save you lots of money, so in turn, giving you more money for a better machine.

pbsk8er03

illvizion said:
I want a nvidia geforce video card, whats the best SLI one? And if you get the sli one, do you need two video cards?
SLI means system link interface. That means you have 2 video cards hooked together for double performance. Best video card on the market right now is, Nvidia 7800 GTX. If you SLI that, you will be able to play any game, on the highest settings no lag or artifacts what so ever.

illvizion

The stuff Praetor listed sounds pretty good. Will it beable to run all games perfectly? But whats a good power supply I can get from newegg? I want to get it all together.

pbsk8er03

illvizion said:
The stuff Praetor listed sounds pretty good. Will it beable to run all games perfectly? But whats a good power supply I can get from newegg? I want to get it all together.
Yes it is very good. I reccomend www.xPCgear.com as it is MUCH cheaper. The best powersupply by far is the antec neo power 420w. And, its only $99.

illvizion

This is my current computer... Intel Pentium 4 CPU 1.90GHz, 256 MB or RAM. ROFL it cant even play wow on lowest settings without lag.

pbsk8er03

illvizion said:
Oh snaps, where do I get the cheap but good LCD 19 inch+ monitor, mouse, keyboard, speakers, and all that stuff?
In order of cheapest to most expenisive: www.xPCgear.com, www.zipzoomfly.com, www.newegg.com

Speakers: Logitech Z-5500 for insane 5.1 THX certified surround

Mouse: Razer Copperhead, best mouse on the market at the moment. (search it on www.google.com)

Keyboard: Staeik eclipse backlit keyboard

Those will suit you very well.

robina_80

seriously its not worth spending 4K on a computer that is f***ing stupid amounts of money i built mine for ONLY £650 thats about $12500 and my sig is pretty good if i want to upgrade my h/d or ram or graphics card that wont cost much id say about £300 $600 build your own for god saicks or do what praeter said get the shop to build it for you but its easy building all you do is connect the parts together turn comp on and your away

illvizion

robina_80 said:
seriously its not worth spending 4K on a computer that is f***ing stupid amounts of money i built mine for ONLY £650 thats about $12500 and my sig is pretty good if i want to upgrade my h/d or ram or graphics card that wont cost much id say about £300 $600 build your own for god saicks or do what praeter said get the shop to build it for you but its easy building all you do is connect the parts together turn comp on and your away
KAY!

:-/

Praetor

Administrator
Staff member
i want a nVidia GeForce video card, whats the best sli one? and if you get the sli one, do you need two video cards?
well there are a few sli cards that come to mind: 6600GT, 6800GT, 6800U, 7800GT, 7800GTX.. not sure about some of the other ones

but whats a good power supply i can get from newegg?
see my post. also see PSU 101.

That means you have 2 video cards hooked together for double performance
Up to +100% performance .. reality shows something like +60% though

The best powersupply by far is the antec neo power 420w. And, its only $99
The best powersupply for that price bracket maybe but not a chance in hell as an overall statement.

This is my current computer... Intel Pentium 4 CPU 1.90GHz, 256 MB or RAM. ROFL it cant even play wow on lowest settings without lag.
Well unless yer videocard is excessively underpowered, like i said before, lag has nothing to do with system specs there.

hehe

Praetor

Administrator
Staff member
You realize that's a no-delivery machine hehe (and the optical drives are subpar for the rest of the system)