Seeking fantastic gaming PC

Thechefxxxv

Well, if your getting a nice mouse, I have a Logitech MX518 and it is perfect. My PC can barely keep up with it. The major differences between the G5 and the MX518 is the G5 is 20$ more, 2000 dpi, and has that handy little lcd on the side to see what dpi your at. I think Im gonna get a G5 this christmas! :D

34erd

Oh, and I was reading reviews on the motherboard and it said that its not for newbies... Now i'm getting my friend to build it, but after that, can a totally clueless person like me handle it?

Dont worry, if I could build a system with it, I'm sure you can handle it :)

Last edited:

Praetor

Administrator
Staff member
I have a Logitech MX518 and it is perfect. My PC can barely keep up with it. The major differences between the G5 and the MX518 is the G5 is 20$ more, 2000 dpi, and has that handy little lcd on the side to see what dpi your at
Forgot one more: the G5 is a laser mouse and thus will be able to track difficult surfaces better :)

Praetor

Administrator
Staff member
Could you please pick out the other stuff I need to play?
No because thats pretty much up to the end user and their preferencs.

And for a case I dont want anything fancy, just something to cover the parts.
Search up cases and grab the cheapest one then :) (just so long as it is an ATX one then yer ok) :)

Blue

<b>VIP Member</b>
Some say cases are not so important as for the most part they are entirely correct. I do however think that there is a fair bit of importance with cases from a stability standpoint. Some really cheap cases are metal or much worse plastic with very poor venting/cooling fans etc. you want a decent case that will allow those expensive components to breath. Basically you'll want adequate cooling so give the case at least a bit of thought.

Praetor

Administrator
Staff member
Some say cases are not so important as for the most part they are entirely correct. I do however think that there is a fair bit of importance with cases from a stability standpoint. Some really cheap cases are metal or much worse plastic with very poor venting/cooling fans etc. you want a decent case that will allow those expensive components to breath. Basically you'll want adequate cooling so give the case at least a bit of thought.
Good points Blue, although i think its a fair statement to suggest that people are more concerned with (as a whole), asthetics ... which is the exact reason i dont bother reccomending cases

My preference is having stuff that I need
Then goto Newegg or a store or whatever, and pick something.

illvizion

Praetor said:
Then goto Newegg or a store or whatever, and pick something.
What ive been saying is that I DONT KNOW WHAT I NEED. I want everything that I need to start playing games the day i get my stuff. What all do I need to do that?

spacedude89

you need:
A Computer
A Monitor
A Mouse
A Keyboard
Wires

thats the bare needed, to have a regular gaming experience, you need

Speakers
Joystick
Internet Connection for online play
Games

i probly forgot something soo....

spacedude89

inside the computer you need

A Case
A Motherboard
Ram
Hard drive
CD-RW or DVD-RW drive
Video Card
Sound Card
A Processor
A Power Supply
any wires needed, but they will probley come with the pieces

tweaker

VIP Member
Praetor said:
I dont think it'll run FEAR 1600x1200 4x 8x .... ok maybe 10fps?

I haven't checked the specs on the monitor he had in mind but sure you have a point there. Thing is the majority of non hardcore gamers rarely goes above 12x10, if that.

On a sidenote,
It's the same people that often criticizes SLI setups cause they don't see an improvement. I've seen plenty of SLI machines running 12x10 or even 10x76. :eek:

Archangel

VIP Member
tweaker said:
On a sidenote,
It's the same people that often criticizes SLI setups cause they don't see an improvement. I've seen plenty of SLI machines running 12x10 or even 10x76. :eek:

i run all my games at 1280x1024 atm.. but when my 2nd card arrives ill put it up to 1600x 1200 or higher ( combat flight sim :D )
but, you really see the difference on SLI when in higher resolutions?

tweaker

VIP Member
Archangel said:
you really see the difference on SLI when in higher resolutions?

Yes, SLI really shines in high res gaming. My point was mainly that many people tend to spend all their money on a sweet SLI configuration, then they cannot afford anything but a crappy low res capable monitor instead. hehe

Well at least they get their desired benchmark results... haha