Which do you like better: 360, PS3, Wii

Votes: 117 43.7%
  • PS3

Votes: 89 33.2%
  • Wii

Votes: 62 23.1%

• Total voters

m0nk3ys1ms

Yea that's what the guy told me! I could not believe it. I'm really kicking myself now because I could have had an Xbox 360 Elite for $230 with my 360 Premium trade in. Sure it would have been the Elite but at least it would have extended my warranty...kind of. I still might trade up if they give me a refurb.

I went through the whole process about a month ago. You'll most likely (99% chance) get a refurbished console back. My "new" console I have now (which I received like 2 weeks ago) is working alright I guess. It was acting up for a few days but its fine now. It was a long 3 weeks with out my baby... :(

Pck21

I went through the whole process about a month ago. You'll most likely (99% chance) get a refurbished console back. My "new" console I have now (which I received like 2 weeks ago) is working alright I guess. It was acting up for a few days but its fine now. It was a long 3 weeks with out my baby... :(

Yea it's really getting on my nerves because even though I have a PS3 and a Wii, all of my friends play on Xbox Live which is the reason why I got the thing in the first place. I'm worried that when I get my console back, refurbished or not, that it's going to break again and because my warranty is expiring this week, they are going to make me pay $140 to fix it. I will certainly not do that.

Here's what I'm planning on doing and maybe everyone can give me some feedback because I'm at a breaking point right now...

I am thinking about buying a "Core" 360 brand new for $300 and just add my existing hdd, wireless controller, and component cables to it (like my premium had before) and then trade in my "old" console when I receive it to like an EB Games or GameStop so I can then get a game or two, like Halo 3 and COD 4 which I already reserved, with my trade in cash. Does anybody else think this is a good idea? That way I get a brand new system, new warranty, and get a game or two for "free" with the trade in of my console.

Thoughts? Comments? Questions? Anything would be helpful!

Dave

m0nk3ys1ms

Yea it's really getting on my nerves because even though I have a PS3 and a Wii, all of my friends play on Xbox Live which is the reason why I got the thing in the first place. I'm worried that when I get my console back, refurbished or not, that it's going to break again and because my warranty is expiring this week, they are going to make me pay $140 to fix it. I will certainly not do that.

Here's what I'm planning on doing and maybe everyone can give me some feedback because I'm at a breaking point right now...

I am thinking about buying a "Core" 360 brand new for $300 and just add my existing hdd, wireless controller, and component cables to it (like my premium had before) and then trade in my "old" console when I receive it to like an EB Games or GameStop so I can then get a game or two, like Halo 3 and COD 4 which I already reserved, with my trade in cash. Does anybody else think this is a good idea? That way I get a brand new system, new warranty, and get a game or two for "free" with the trade in of my console.

Thoughts? Comments? Questions? Anything would be helpful!

Dave

As far as I know, when you get your refurbished console back from Microsoft, you get a brand new one-year warranty. Post back the price that Gamestop will give you for your console on trade-in please.

Pck21

As far as I know, when you get your refurbished console back from Microsoft, you get a brand new one-year warranty. Post back the price that Gamestop will give you for your console on trade-in please.

Actually they do not update the warranty as I have been told. I asked the Microsoft rep what the warranty would be on the replacement console or the repair of the console and he told me the original warranty and a purchased extended warranty would be honored.

I just called EB Games and the guy told me that he would give me $150 for my used 360. Not bad if you ask me. It will at least pay for Halo 3 and COD 4 like I thought it would.

Archangel

VIP Member
hmm.. any idea's then that xbox360 Zephyr (or however its called now) is released? (i mean that black one, with basicly everything with it already)

bigsaucybob

hmm.. any idea's then that xbox360 Zephyr (or however its called now) is released? (i mean that black one, with basicly everything with it already)

The Xbox 360 Elite is what I believe you are referring to.

For all you MS Warranty concerned people, my solution was to SCREW MS Warranty and go with the Best Buy 2 Year Product Replacement Plan. It's $50 bucks but totally worth it.

I had one red ring of light every few times I would turn on my console, and it would freeze when playing one particular game. I brought it into Best Buy and had a brand new console in hand within 10 minutes. They didn't check my old box to see if everything was in it. I could have put a bunch of bricks in there and called it a day and had a free controller and hard drive.

Monoliths

I prefer the Xbox 360 by far.

The Wii was fun, but has very VERY few good games worth playing. The others suck completely.

PS3 looks beautiful but has crappy games as well.

Pck21

The Xbox 360 Elite is what I believe you are referring to.

For all you MS Warranty concerned people, my solution was to SCREW MS Warranty and go with the Best Buy 2 Year Product Replacement Plan. It's $50 bucks but totally worth it.

I had one red ring of light every few times I would turn on my console, and it would freeze when playing one particular game. I brought it into Best Buy and had a brand new console in hand within 10 minutes. They didn't check my old box to see if everything was in it. I could have put a bunch of bricks in there and called it a day and had a free controller and hard drive.

Well you're one of the lucky ones. I worked at Best Buy for a brief time and they would NEVER honor any warranties. Actually that's one of the reasons I quit and also why they have a class action law suit against them. I wish I bought it at Costco because they will give you a new one no matter how old the thing is or what's wrong with it.

Pck21

According to EB Games, the failure rate on the Xbox 360 could be as high as 30%!

http://www.gwn.com/news/story.php/id/13201/Retailers_Claim_360_Failure_Rate_Is_Over_30.html

It wouldn't surprise me in the least if it was higher.

By the way I bought the Core system and added all of my old stuff like hdd and cables to it. It's working fantastically so far. I also bought an intercooler made by Pelican which works like a charm. I played my 360 for about 4 hours straight yesterday and the thing was cool to the touch. I recommend that all 360 owners grab one if they can.

bigsaucybob

Well you're one of the lucky ones. I worked at Best Buy for a brief time and they would NEVER honor any warranties. Actually that's one of the reasons I quit and also why they have a class action law suit against them. I wish I bought it at Costco because they will give you a new one no matter how old the thing is or what's wrong with it.

Thats really weird. They could not have made it any easier for me to replace my 360.

Costco does have excellent return policies and stuff. They had a lifetime return policy on TV's but recently got rid of it.

Pck21

Thats really weird. They could not have made it any easier for me to replace my 360.

Costco does have excellent return policies and stuff. They had a lifetime return policy on TV's but recently got rid of it.

Yea I worked in the computer department and it was the worst experience of my life. I can tell you horror story after horror story of what they do there and why I quit. Honestly, let me know and I'll post what happens behind the scenes.

Here's a hint of what they do:

http://www.thenetworkadministrator.com/BestBuyTrickery.htm

Read that and you'll understand why I hate that place. The guy is definitely not exaggerating, we had this stuff done all the time.

Whatever you do, NEVER buy an extended warranty from them. That's how they make their money. They don't hike prices up, they just sell warranties and usually make up an excuse not to honor them. The last game I bought from them, and the last one I'll ever buy again, was Shadowrun for the 360. When I went to ring it up, the lady asked if I wanted a warranty on the game. I was taken back. She said, "It's only $60 so if your game is scratched or damaged, we'll replace it." What she failed to realize is the game itself is $60 and I could just go buy another one of it got damaged for that price. I stood there saying no to her for about a minute and a half. It was horrible. It's like a used car dealership.

12-Gauge

It's only $60 so if your game is scratched or damaged, we'll replace it." What she failed to realize is the game itself is $60 and I could just go buy another one of it got damaged for that price.

Lol. I once got offered a warranty for printer cartridges! I was thinking of bringing them back and saying "you won't believe this but I got them out the pack and they were empty" :D

Pck21

Lol. I once got offered a warranty for printer cartridges! I was thinking of bringing them back and saying "you won't believe this but I got them out the pack and they were empty" :D

Haha! :D

I wish you did! I know that would have thrown a kink in their system. I can see it now...(flash back squiggly lines thingy)

You: "Yea man I can't believe this, they're all empty! It looks like someone actually sucked the ink out! I need to return these."

BB clerk: "Uh we....uh...never had anyone actually return ink cartridges with the warranty. We just take your money and laugh..."

You: "Come again?"

BB clerk: "What? Oh nothing. I'll be....right back..."

Clerk never returns...

And Scene!

Yea man they are unbelievable.

*Word of warning to everyone who shops at Best Buy with high ticket items* ALWAYS check your receipts! Even though you tell them that you don't want the warranty, some associates will still charge you for it without you knowing! There was one associate who ALWAYS did this to people who bought laptops and desktop computers because the customer would always buy other things with the computer, so the receipt was so long that nobody noticed until they got home. They will not refund you the warranty! Our management would always look the other way on things like this...

12-Gauge

You: "Yea man I can't believe this, they're all empty! It looks like someone actually sucked the ink out! I need to return these."

BB clerk: "Uh we....uh...never had anyone actually return ink cartridges with the warranty. We just take your money and laugh..."

You: "Come again?"

BB clerk: "What? Oh nothing. I'll be....right back..."

Clerk never returns...

Lol. I must add that in this case it wasn't Best Buy, but the fact that anyone would seriously consider a warranty on a consumable product still amazes me. It's like offering a warranty for a carton of milk! :D