Which do you like better: 360, PS3, Wii

Votes: 117 43.7%
  • PS3

Votes: 89 33.2%
  • Wii

Votes: 62 23.1%

• Total voters

JTM

Just go with XBox 360. But only if you want a great online service and experience. Go with the Wii for the fun factor. And leave the PS3 out to dry.:D

Skizzor

Just go with XBox 360. But only if you want a great online service and experience. Go with the Wii for the fun factor. And leave the PS3 out to dry.:D

PS3 has the same features as xbox live, if not better. Its also free.

ahajv4life

ooooo let me weigh in.....o wait...how can we have a comparison thread if only ONE of the THREE platforms is out. Ohh...we can go on rumors!! Xbox is the only system out. Playstation is having game developers drop out like rain. Wii...What can you say about the Wii....Weee we're having fun. So, since I HAVE ONLY PLAYED the 360....gonna say...the 360.

JTM

PS3 has the same features as xbox live, if not better. Its also free.
That's what Sony said, but nothing of material proof is available. So as it stands Xbox Live is better. Also Xbox Live has years of development ahead of Sony's online.

Marzeth

This is it. The moment Sony steps up and shows the world why the PS3 will rule the next gen console battle and win the war. It's all in this article.

Resistance: Fall of Man CEO tells us why this game could only be developed for the PS3 and not the PS2, XBox, XBox360 and PC. Processing power and storage WILL indeed be a concern for Microsoft and very soon... PS3 Launch Day to be exact.

Ted Price, Founder & CEO: It would have been very, very difficult to create Resistance on any other platform. First, this game requires an incredible amount of processing power to support the large number of moving characters and objects in the levels. Every one of our characters has sophisticated AI and navigation routines running in the background. Plus, every object -- including characters -- has to access our physics and collision systems constantly. And, of course, I'm ignoring all the other processes that have to occur simultaneously to create immersive, believable environments. What a game like Resistance requires is parallel processing on a massive scale and fortunately the Cell's SPUs give us this. We can take complex and expensive systems and move them onto the SPUs, which are extremely good at number-crunching. When these systems run in parallel it means we can do more per frame and that means more detail in the game.

Second, the game requires more than 20 gigabytes of storage space, which means that the only viable storage medium for us is Blu-ray. We could not have fit this game on a DVD or a HD-DVD. So, yet another reason that the game could only have been created on the PlayStation 3.

Check out the whole interview here:
http://ps3.ign.com/articles/729/729630p4.html

DCIScouts

VIP Member
November release date, hmm... Well now's the time for them to meet that date! (and get those prices for sure out for consumers to start absorbing the shock...)

Burgerbob

This is it. The moment Sony steps up and shows the world why the PS3 will rule the next gen console battle and win the war. It's all in this article.

Resistance: Fall of Man CEO tells us why this game could only be developed for the PS3 and not the PS2, XBox, XBox360 and PC. Processing power and storage WILL indeed be a concern for Microsoft and very soon... PS3 Launch Day to be exact.

Ted Price, Founder & CEO: It would have been very, very difficult to create Resistance on any other platform. First, this game requires an incredible amount of processing power to support the large number of moving characters and objects in the levels. Every one of our characters has sophisticated AI and navigation routines running in the background. Plus, every object -- including characters -- has to access our physics and collision systems constantly. And, of course, I'm ignoring all the other processes that have to occur simultaneously to create immersive, believable environments. What a game like Resistance requires is parallel processing on a massive scale and fortunately the Cell's SPUs give us this. We can take complex and expensive systems and move them onto the SPUs, which are extremely good at number-crunching. When these systems run in parallel it means we can do more per frame and that means more detail in the game.

Second, the game requires more than 20 gigabytes of storage space, which means that the only viable storage medium for us is Blu-ray. We could not have fit this game on a DVD or a HD-DVD. So, yet another reason that the game could only have been created on the PlayStation 3.

Check out the whole interview here:
http://ps3.ign.com/articles/729/729630p4.html

Arent DH-DVDs up to like 30GB?

DCIScouts

VIP Member
Arent DH-DVDs up to like 30GB?

No, HD-DVD's are supposed to be (and believe are) 15 GB, where Blu-Ray are around 50 GB, also part of the reason why Sony is pricing games at $70. Too bad even when the technology gets dirt cheap they'll still charge the same price (like DVDs, or even CDs for the PS2). Until the next format comes out...

Burgerbob

No, HD-DVD's are supposed to be (and believe are) 15 GB, where Blu-Ray are around 50 GB, also part of the reason why Sony is pricing games at $70. Too bad even when the technology gets dirt cheap they'll still charge the same price (like DVDs, or even CDs for the PS2). Until the next format comes out...

O wow, i thought that HD-DVD and Blu-Ray were about the same. Ooops. And i have to agree with you on the price issue... they will still charge 60 bucks a game in 2009, im guessing.

P11

VIP Member

Sorry to say this but your wrong. The average Blu-Ray disc stores 25GB of information, whereas the average HD-DVD disc stores 15GB. Both discs also have dual layer options, Blu-Ray= 50GB, and HD-DVD = 30GB.

chart.png

Last edited:

Tystrasza

Sony has said i think that they know people are going to buy their stuff no matter how much it is.. i so hope that that blows up in their face.

Spending 600+ on a PS3 then 70$ per game.. = no thanks

ghost

PS3 prosponed till March 2007 in europe :( Even though before hand shops were taking preorders for units to come in November 2006 @ £549.99, im glad i didnt preorder it.

bigsaucybob

[-0MEGA-];432839 said:
By the time the PS3 comes out... XBOX will already have made a new console :p

I wouldn't be surprised.

And Nintendo will have bought out the XBox :p

That would surprise me, the Wii and 360 will be good partners. Such as many customers having the ability to own both. Since you could technically buy a Wii and an Xbox 360 for a PS3.