What Web Browser Do You Use?

What Web Browser Do You Use?

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

FXB

should have stated Internet Explorer 6 or under
and had a seperate one for Internet Explorer 7 beta... cus IE7 is way different

I gave up on IE a long time ago. I don't understand how it is still fairly popular.

chrome is the best and faster browser for me

I agree but for some reason I can't go on the oakley website when I'm on Chrome so I keep Firefox around.

I guess :D I don't remember seeing Opera for iPhone though. I've been on there to try to get it for my Axim, so I went through the list, but don't remember seeing it. It could most likely have been developed by a third party.

Opera for Mac sucks. I don't know why the heck it does this long delay of the typed text appearing on the screen. Maybe it doesn't like my architecture, idk.

I believe Opera is now available in the App Store but It seems Opera is going to be losing market share. They had the right I dea though. I would like to have firefox on my iPod Touch.

Does Anyone know of less popular web browsers?

I've used IE, Firefox, Chrome, Safari, Opera.

I want something sleek and simple but that can also integrate say facebook or something of the sort.

Last edited by a moderator:

fastdude

For the last time - Chrome is the fastest browser. May not be amazingly featured or have support for loads of add-ons but there is no doubt that it's super quick. So for my general *light* web-surfing, and a few online games, Chrome is hard-to-beat.

Quiltface

I gave up on IE a long time ago. I don't understand how it is still fairly popular.

Does Anyone know of less popular web browsers?

I've used IE, Firefox, Chrome, Safari, Opera.

IE is still popular because it is the default browser on windows and a lot of business apps dont support anything but IE.

And pretty much anything that has to do with microsoft will require you to use IE if a browser is needed... thats the only reason why i use it... Ive been using firefox since IE6 came out.

check this out for browsers

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_web_browsers

boo-boo

banned
ATM I use IE8 cause my laptop is a piece of crap. However I usually use both Firefox and Chrome. On my Motorola Droid I use Opera Mini.

wolfeking

banned
*update*
Tried safari for a while. Hated it. I like to run tabs, and it doesn't have support for that.

Trying opera now. will be back to either pro or con it.

fastdude

*update*
Tried safari for a while. Hated it. I like to run tabs, and it doesn't have support for that.

Trying opera now. will be back to either pro or con it.

You must be using an old version of safari if it doesn't have tabs....

Nice to see Chrome as overtaken IE:good:

Mattu

IE can stay the de facto browser for ever because this is how I see it...

Most use some sort of ad block with Firefox or Chrome; therefor, if one of those browsers were to become more widely used like IE is currently is, then websites that depend on ad income would probably start blocking Firefox and Chrome. With that said, I know there is some sort of ad block plugin for IE too, but it is not widely know.

Quiltface

The main reason why Firefox 3 is a browser that is favoured by geeks, is that it is so fast and light. Web pages are normally a lot faster to load in Firefox 3 because they have a much quicker javascript engine than IE, thus making web pages load in your browser quicker.

wouldn't that appeal to non geeks as well?

lucasbytegenius

I have used Firefox 3 Web Browser.Firefox has always been a tech geeks favourite browser. The new version of Firefox is Firefox 3 in which has more theme, add-ons and features than ever before. The main reason why Firefox 3 is a browser that is favoured by geeks, is that it is so fast and light. Web pages are normally a lot faster to load in Firefox 3 because they have a much quicker javascript engine than IE, thus making web pages load in your browser quicker.

Fast and light? Awesome :D
You must be using one of the ancient versions :p

Status
Not open for further replies.