What Web Browser Do You Use?

What Web Browser Do You Use?

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

Stretch1414

Chrome all the way! I have gotten most of my friends and family to start using Chrome, and I have come across very many(if any) problems.

EDIT:However, I like the fact that if you use IE and have a problem, someone else in the world has most likely had your problem and figured out how to fix it.

Last edited:

DMGrier

VIP Member
Chrome is okay but it doesn't work very well in Ubuntu. It is not horrible but I notice a lot of missing plugins for it, FF works much better with the linux probably cause they have been supporting it way longer.

spynoodle

Chrome is okay but it doesn't work very well in Ubuntu. It is not horrible but I notice a lot of missing plugins for it, FF works much better with the linux probably cause they have been supporting it way longer.
The one problem I have with Chrome in linux is that the top bar isn't as sleek as it is in Windows, given that it can't do its custom buttons thing. Other than that, I find it far closer to the Windows version than most Linux programs are. Very speedy.

salvage-this

I guess I don't use a whioe lot of plugins but I think that Chrome in Ubuntu works great. The custom buttons are not even used in windows if I remember correctly.

wolfeking

banned
Im with you salvage. I like chrome in Ubuntu and Mint. It works just as well as firefox as long as you just browse the web with it (the only plugin I use is Flashplayer).

Darren

Staff member
I've used the main 3 browsers.

IE 7 was ok, pretty slow to both boot and load pages.

Firefox is pretty good, seems to have lots of themes and plugins, fairly secure.

Chrome (for me at least) is the fastest to boot and load pages. Possibly not as secure as Firefox?

I personally prefer Chrome but Firefox is pretty good too.

"The only thing Internet Explorer is good for is downloading Chrome or Firefox, and it isn't very good at that." - unknown

One of my favorite pictures on the internet. :D

http://funny-pictures-lol.com/wp-content/uploads/2011/08/chrome-firefox-ie-fighting-comic.jpg

I have never used IE 8 so I can't really judge on it's capabilities.

Justin

VIP Member
anyone else can't right click in IE9? also not being able to use ctrl or shift on my keyboard for instance when I want to select multiple files to upload.

lucasbytegenius

Using Firefox 7. Chrome has been rather unstable as of late, and it's slow to launch since I've disabled its little startup process (or crutch, it's the whole reason why it "launches in a snap" ;)). Firefox has been doing great.

digital

anyone else can't right click in IE9? also not being able to use ctrl or shift on my keyboard for instance when I want to select multiple files to upload.

i have no problem with right click in IE9
it works for me

IE 9 is very faster than previous version and have good looking and better performance but not as good as opera and chrome.:)

Koffer

As a web-dev I need to use the most common ones webkit browsers (opera, chrome, safari), firefox & (this does not qualify as a browser for me) IE

Status
Not open for further replies.