Votes: 5 4.0%
  • Safari

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Other (Please Specify)

Votes: 10 7.9%

• Total voters

spirit

Staff member
For God's sake guys. So what it resembles Chrome 'a little bit'? That's not a reason not to use it. You use it because it works for you. It's a flippin' web browser at the end of the day.

DMGrier

VIP Member
For God's sake guys. So what it resembles Chrome 'a little bit'? That's not a reason not to use it. You use it because it works for you. It's a flippin' web browser at the end of the day.

That is what I basically said.

DMGrier

VIP Member
I would like to apologize for posting something that is starting a flame war. I only referenced Chrome as it is known to be pretty quick and for those who use FF and did not know about this nightly build may have been interested in FF getting some performance boost and a nice new U/I.

I use FF cause in the statement from S.T.A.R.S. that is what fits my needs the best right now.

PCunicorn

There is absolutely no need to apologise and it wasn't really a flame war. Just a friendly debate, something that happens a LOT on this forum (though not always friendly :p).

linkin

VIP Member
Chrome would be awesome if google weren't being such dicks, and having an awful UI. Granted, default firefox one is no better, but at least you can customise it :)

IE is just there because old people use it :p

DMGrier

VIP Member
Chrome would be awesome if google weren't being such dicks, and having an awful UI. Granted, default firefox one is no better, but at least you can customise it :)

IE is just there because old people use it :p

I understand the awful UI with lack of customization but why is google being dicks?

PCunicorn

Yeah, I actually love the Chrome UI. Link in, what do you like if you dont like Fire fox's or Chrome's UI? Persoannly I actually like IE's UI the best, sucks it's browsing performance isnt as good and is less secure. And yes, Jason, Google's security policy sucks.

Yeah I saw that earlier WeatherMan, quite hilarious :D

lucasbytegenius

I don't need to do anything to Chrome's UI because it's fine the way it is. With Firefox, it's all sorts of screwed up and I have to fix it. I have to move the refresh button where I can actually click the damn thing, I remove the search box because it's useless, and dear god that addon bar is annoying and cluttering.

The UI isn't awful if you can't customize it, there's a lot more to a UI than just customization, which is something Mozilla is only recently figuring out.

G80FTW

Actually just gone done cleaning up both my browsers. I use FireFox and Chrome for different things but mainly FireFox.

I used to use Chrome since it came out but last year they updated it and made it suck so I stopped using it.

I dont really understand what the big deal is about the UI. Its a web browser, to me the UI doesnt matter because Im not using it but 1% of the time. The only part of the UI I actually use in a browser is the address bar and favorites bar. Aside from those 2 things its not like Im sitting here playing with the web browser itself. I think its stupid to compare them that way. I would compare them based on speed and security. And even on that measure, it depends more on the computer than the browser. A browser is a browser to me. Except IE. IE is horrible. Mostly because its Microsoft :)

Last edited:

lucasbytegenius

I dont really understand what the big deal is about the UI. Its a web browser, to me the UI doesnt matter because Im not using it but 1% of the time. The only part of the UI I actually use in a browser is the address bar and favorites bar. Aside from those 2 things its not like Im sitting here playing with the web browser itself. I think its stupid to compare them that way. I would compare them based on speed and security. And even on that measure, it depends more on the computer than the browser. A browser is a browser to me. Except IE. IE is horrible. Mostly because its Microsoft :)

If you use anything in a program, you're using its UI. Doesn't matter what you do.
You can also view web browsers as programs who render UIs of websites on the Internet. Some of them render them better than others. Some do fairly well but also make it easier to do important things, while others let you go crazy with the browser's UI while sacrificing speed and ease of use. And others just suck at doing anything in general, namely IE before IE11.

As for speed and computer dependency, I've had better results with Chrome on a lot more computers than I've had with Firefox on those computers.
So in the end, it is up to your perception, and you can definitely be proud of the fact you think you don't conform to what other people think you should conform to, and that's fine.
Doesn't mean you won't get criticized for it though.